It is very rare that I come onto Trip Advisor however, the four days my family and I spent at Bab Al Shams was simply one of the most extraordinary experiences and provided us with the sort of service that you would expect at The Burj Al Arab, the so called “7 star hotel” !!
I am fortunate that I travel to the USA as part of my job in the Insurance industry, so I am used to a certain high level of service from established hotels but quite honestly, I cannot recall ever getting the sort of customer care that we got from Mohab Aly, the Front Office manager and Osman the manager in one of the many outstanding restaurants within the hotel. The care shown to my children was fanastic (all the lifeguards went out of their way to get to know Ollie my 7 year old), the bedrooms were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, very cool given the temperature outside; the food was nicely varied and very tasty, the swimming pools were amazing and if the intention of the hotel was to transport us to some sort of Arabian wonderland, then they achieved 100% success.
When we arrived after a long flight and there was a small problem with our rooms, where someone hadn’t checked out after a big convention, so I was both appreciative and astonished at the speed and efficiency in which Mohab handled the problem and got everything sorted out, even to the point of actually personally escorting us to the rooms himself. Things
like that are not forgetten. This attitude and level of service has made my wife and I tell EVERYONE we know about Bab Al Shams and we are already looking at returning to your hotel next May and I am sure that others will be exquiring as well.
The hotel simply made our first trip to Dubai, the most incredible and memorable holiday ever and we can’t wait to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa