This was our second visit after 4 years and almost all staff seemed to have been informed by the hotel management that we were back. We enjoyed outstanding hospitality. Staff is always very friendly and you feel really welcome here. The hotel is very well maintained and offers a perfect environment to relax in luxury out in the desert. Rooms are nicely designed and this ambiente takes you away from the daily hectic immediately. Watching the sun set on one of the terraces while drinking a cup of tea (with or without shisha) or sit around the wonderful pools are unforgettable memories. The very rich buffets (included in half board) offer a nice variety of food largely from the wider area. Dining outside in the arena of the Al Hadeerah restaurant (extra cost) and watching the show are a must while being at BAS. WiFi works well in the restaurant and pool areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai