We did not stay at the resort but enjoyed the open air restaurant. It is about 1 hour from Dubai CBD in the desert. It is not easy to find as on our 1st attempt our limo driver could not find it. The 2nd attempt was successful and we had a great Arabic experience, with a bar-b-q of great variety, including whole roast lamb, seafood, kebabs, a great variety of salads and hot Arabic foods. The sweets were many and incredible. The live show included music, "Cypriot" dancing, a belly dancer, a singer, and a show including horses, camels, and other animals. There was an Arabic cultural display, and we had the best time patting and handling the falcon, and riding on the camels and horses. Water pipes were available. It was quite expensive, including the photos, but gave us a good cultural experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai