Have to agree entirely with the previous reviewer, there is definitely NO building work curfew, as stated on their website and this is very mis-leading. We were upgraded on arrival from a club room to a suite and were able to check in at 7am, which was very good of them. It was soon apparent the noise from the tower side of the hotel was going to be intolerable so we asked to move, which they did (to a 1 bed apartment on the other side of the hotel) at the drop of a hat.
All very good, lovely apartment, (we had a choice of 3 rooms on different floors in various parts of the hotel) no quibbles, but why put us there in the first place?
If you haven't got an ipod or some other music playing device, plus noise cancelling headphones, I wouldn't even bother sitting outside, the noise is horrendous. The staff reckon there is another 2 years before everything is complete, which is a real shame (unless you don't want to sit outside and you manage to get a good room) as this IS a lovely hotel and the staff are excellent.
Don't think of 'club' like Ritz Carlton 'club,' it's nowhere near as good, but with the Dubai R.C. charging £500 per night (with no chance of negotiation) I suppose it's a good as you will get for the money.
We did go over to Le Meridian to get away from the noise and it was better, but there were too many screaming kids over there for our liking, so we went back; at least water, ice, fruit, newspapers and magazines are all included at G.H.!
A word about Rhodes Mezzanine. What a beautiful restaurant; very ethereal, soft, almost spa-like back-ground music, and very dreamy looking in white and chrome, with masses a sheer voile, lots of glass, and hints of red and orange on the chairs, imagine what a restaurant in heaven would look like, and you have it. The excellent staff wear white suites (they are the angels) except the head waiter (who we nick-named the archangel!) who wears black. The food tastes and looks like a masterpiece............what a beautiful experience, let down I have to say, by their loose dress code rules. Smart is the rule, (stated in no uncertain terms when we booked) yet they let one guy in in jeans, and another with a sweater. REALLY ANNOYING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grosvenor House and its two iconic 45 storey towers, Tower One and Tower Two, redefine the world of luxury. The hotel's glittering twin towers are an instantly recognizable landmark in the Dubai Marina. The hotel features 749 spacious, contemporary guest rooms, suites, and apartments with signature Luxury Collection beds, large windows with spectacular views of the Marina, complimentary Wi-Fi and attentive on-call butler service. The area's first true social destination, the hotel is located just minutes from the beach, golf clubs, malls, Dubai Internet City, Media City and more, offering an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication. Step into a world of refined heritage, suave elegance and effortless chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai