We've just returned from a week's stay at the Grosvenor on our first trip to Dubai. Tripadvisor is generally my first port of call when looking for places to stay when visiting somewhere new and having read the many reviews on the hotels there, we decided that the Grosvenor was the place to stay.
Like many reviews suggest, we booked a Club room, which is well worth the extra. Having read comments about the amount of construction and the noise around the Dubai Marina, we were going with our eyes (or ears!) open. We were given a room on the 37th floor, which gave lovely views of the beach, the Palm Jumeirah & the Burj Al Arab, which stands proud in the distance. Although they are building the 2nd Grosvenor tower right next to the hotel and directly below our room, noise wasn't an issue in the slightest - the double glazed windows really do do an excellent job of keeping the noise out.
The Club lounge, situated on the top (44th) floor is excellent, along with its staff. A special thanks go to Joan, Zia & Theodoro (who mixes some great cocktails!) for making us feel so welcome and doing such a superb job. The food/canapes were very tasty and in plentiful supply, the variety on offer changed each night, so no boredom of eating the same food night after night. Drinks were topped up/renewed as quickly as you could drink them - so no holding back on that front either.
As for breakfast, the selection was outstanding - ranging from meze to smoked fish to sushi to full English to fresh fruit and everything in between. Again, all the staff were spot on and the chefs were more than happy to cook anything you could think of - everyone with a pleasing smile when serving you.
The client services desk was another area that stood out with special thanks to Louelle. She arranged a desert safari for us (a must do activity if you've got the time), tickets for the water park (both of these were also cheaper than booking direct) as well as offered sound advice on what to do and where to go, helping to make our holiday that extra bit special.
If I have to be picky about anything (& I mean really really picky!) then I would have to say that the internet access is too slow (I was only getting 0.5 Mbit/s) and that the pool area isn't ideal to lounge around all day as the sun disappears around 2pm. This however is a complete non-issue if you use the excellent pool & beach facilities at the Royal Meridien which is less than 5 mins away in the complimentary shuttle. Whilst we were told that this runs every 15 mins, we never had to wait any longer than 5 mins and it often ran on demand. The staff at the Royal Meridien were also excellent, however I think the Grosvenor has the slight edge in this area - but both really do excel in making you feel most welcome.
Overall a very pleasurable stay and somewhere I can highly recommend, whether it be for business or pleasure. Having stayed in some very impressive 5 star hotels around the world, I can honestly say that this is right up there with the best. We will be returning to Dubai and will definitely be returning to the Grosvenor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grosvenor House and its two iconic 45 storey towers, Tower One and Tower Two, redefine the world of luxury. The hotel's glittering twin towers are an instantly recognizable landmark in the Dubai Marina. The hotel features 749 spacious, contemporary guest rooms, suites, and apartments with signature Luxury Collection beds, large windows with spectacular views of the Marina, complimentary Wi-Fi and attentive on-call butler service. The area's first true social destination, the hotel is located just minutes from the beach, golf clubs, malls, Dubai Internet City, Media City and more, offering an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication. Step into a world of refined heritage, suave elegance and effortless chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai