“As good as the reviews say!”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #6 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Nottingham, England
“As good as the reviews say!”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We've just returned from a week's stay at the Grosvenor on our first trip to Dubai. Tripadvisor is generally my first port of call when looking for places to stay when visiting somewhere new and having read the many reviews on the hotels there, we decided that the Grosvenor was the place to stay.

Like many reviews suggest, we booked a Club room, which is well worth the extra. Having read comments about the amount of construction and the noise around the Dubai Marina, we were going with our eyes (or ears!) open. We were given a room on the 37th floor, which gave lovely views of the beach, the Palm Jumeirah & the Burj Al Arab, which stands proud in the distance. Although they are building the 2nd Grosvenor tower right next to the hotel and directly below our room, noise wasn't an issue in the slightest - the double glazed windows really do do an excellent job of keeping the noise out.

The Club lounge, situated on the top (44th) floor is excellent, along with its staff. A special thanks go to Joan, Zia & Theodoro (who mixes some great cocktails!) for making us feel so welcome and doing such a superb job. The food/canapes were very tasty and in plentiful supply, the variety on offer changed each night, so no boredom of eating the same food night after night. Drinks were topped up/renewed as quickly as you could drink them - so no holding back on that front either.

As for breakfast, the selection was outstanding - ranging from meze to smoked fish to sushi to full English to fresh fruit and everything in between. Again, all the staff were spot on and the chefs were more than happy to cook anything you could think of - everyone with a pleasing smile when serving you.

The client services desk was another area that stood out with special thanks to Louelle. She arranged a desert safari for us (a must do activity if you've got the time), tickets for the water park (both of these were also cheaper than booking direct) as well as offered sound advice on what to do and where to go, helping to make our holiday that extra bit special.

If I have to be picky about anything (& I mean really really picky!) then I would have to say that the internet access is too slow (I was only getting 0.5 Mbit/s) and that the pool area isn't ideal to lounge around all day as the sun disappears around 2pm. This however is a complete non-issue if you use the excellent pool & beach facilities at the Royal Meridien which is less than 5 mins away in the complimentary shuttle. Whilst we were told that this runs every 15 mins, we never had to wait any longer than 5 mins and it often ran on demand. The staff at the Royal Meridien were also excellent, however I think the Grosvenor has the slight edge in this area - but both really do excel in making you feel most welcome.

Overall a very pleasurable stay and somewhere I can highly recommend, whether it be for business or pleasure. Having stayed in some very impressive 5 star hotels around the world, I can honestly say that this is right up there with the best. We will be returning to Dubai and will definitely be returning to the Grosvenor.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, September 26, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the club facilities to be welcoming and friendly whilst offering a good selection and variety of food and beverage.

We also appreciate you kind comments with regards to breakfast, Guest Services and the facilities offered at Le Royal Meridien.

I am sorry to hear that you found the internet a little slow. Please be assured that your comments have been forwarded to our IT team, so that they can review the situation.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Stayed at Grosvenor House before a business meeting in Dubai. Amazing service...great location. Aside from the impressive lobby, rooms, food etc...some nice points:

- Was under the weather and hotel staff had medicine delivered to my room
- Bought a suit at Harvey Nichols...hotel tailor came to my room and altered it with no hassle
- At the time, the hotel had a free shuttle bus service to major malls in the area
- Couldn't get a last minute reservation at the spa... but did manage a nice haircut
- Fitness center and pool were perfect
- Got a great summer rate
- Two issues: 1) lots of construction (like all of Dubai at the time) and 2) werent set up with Starwood points system yet

About to visit again this weekend with wife and daughter to treat them as well. Looking forward to it.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We were sorry to hear that you were a little under the weather but pleased that the team looked after you enabling you to have a more comfortable stay with us.

With regards to SPG points, as you are aware, Grosvenor House and Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa are not participating in this programme at present and therefore, we were unable to offer points on this stay. We do endeavor to ensure that all our guests are aware of this prior to their arrival through various communication methods.

Although we are unable to provide guests with SPG points, we do aim to recognize such valued Starwood Preferred guests, such as yourself by pre-allocating the best available room and providing welcome and daily amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Grosvenor House this weekend.

Leeds
Reviewed September 16, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Grosvenor House hotel, from the 9th to the 15th September, we were looking for something contemporary and not oppulent dripping in gold. We booked through Expedia and through reading tripadvisor upgraded to the Club room. We are so glad we did, we received a free airport transfer and because we arrived early our room wasn't ready, so after a drink by the pool we checked into our upgraded suite on the 29th floor. We had a lounge, bedroom, kitchen and 2 bathrooms - what a start! As part of the club package you get access to the club lounge, where everything you read is true, canapes (really a running buffet for 2 hours) and enough cocktails/beer/wine to sink a ship. We only paid an extra £20 a night for this upgrade and along with the breakfast - must have received at least £200-£300 worth of food and drink free every day. This of course left money for drink, which at nearly £10 for a glass of wine was a godsend. Yes it does have construction all around the hotel and you can't walk anywhere, but with the spa, pool and Le Meriden over the road - why would you need to? I never even heard much construction noise - even sitting by the pool. My only negative point would be the lack of information on the restaurants and bars within the actual hotel. There wasn't an information pack, nor much signposting around the hotel (we were there 6 nights and only on the 4th night did we realise there was a Gary Rhodes restaurant in the hotel). Of course if you ask; people are happy to tell you, but when you don't know what you're asking for - you may miss out. But whatever you do, don't miss the Buddha bar - food and atmosphere was fab even in Ramadan.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Warby78
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience the facilities of both Grosvenor House and Le Royal Meridien.

It was a pleasure for us to be able to provide an upgrade to you during this stay. Upgrades are purely based on the business levels of the hotel and are subject to availability. On this occasion we were able to provide this as a gesture of goodwill.

I am sorry that when our team showed you to your room, that the various outlets were not clearly explained and hope that this did not detract from you enjoying your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Peyia, Cyprus
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Our fourth stay this year and it's the best place and getting better all the time.
Special is the recognition by the staff. The reception at the airport all the way till you are in your room is just amazing. The friendly and very efficient staff make your arrival very special. The amenities in your room are presented very tasteful and the consistency in service, service delivery, and F&B is just very special

1 Thank sigzag
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay once again at Grosvenor House and that you found the service to be consistent and the staff to be welcoming and efficient.

Your kind comments will be shared with all the team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Mark
Plymouth
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Grosvenor House to celebrate our wedding anniversary, so naturally I was keen to make it as special as possible. I emailed the hotel a week prior to our arrival explaining the requirements for my stay with them, and was delighted that within the hour I got a reply saying that everything would be taken care of.
The airport transfer was excellent. My wife was flying out to meet me and is a bit nervous travelling by herself, however no sooner had she stepped off the plane the driver was there to help her through passport control and baggage claim. The car was spacious and comfortable and the driver was extremely courteous.
We arrived at the hotel quite early, and I was delighted to find that our room was ready for us to check in before the usual time. Check in was efficient and stress free, the reception staff were so friendly, and they made us feel really welcome. I had booked a premier room for our stay. The room was clean, well presented, had good air conditioning, a well designed bathroom, and a balcony so big you could have had a cocktail party for 50 people on it. I was touched that the hotel had a complimentary bottle of fizz to celebrate my wedding anniversary in the room waiting for our arrival, it really set the mood.
The care of the room was very good. Housekeeping serviced the room everyday without fail, and did this at anytime on request. Water was constantly replaced, bedding and towels were changed everyday, and there was always someone at night to turn the bed down. Service was friendly, discrete, and flexible to my needs.
The Grosvenor Club was a delight, it has fantastic views, and the best service I have experienced anywhere. The staff were enthusiastic about what they did, and did it with aplomb. They were knowledgeable about the cocktails they served, and made my wife and I feel so special when talking with us. The food was first rate, with good variation.
Bar 44, and Buddha Bar are very good. The drinks are of a reasonable price, and made really well by the very friendly bar staff. Service was first rate.
We had our breakfast at Sloanes, and it really has to be experienced. I have never had so much choice when it comes to having breakfast. The waiting staff were efficient and friendly, and anything that was finished with was removed from the table in a timely but discrete manner.
There was a lot of building work going on around the hotel, this didn’t bother me personally, but I could see why it would bother some people. If building work does bother you, a holiday to Dubai is not recommended. It is everywhere. I would wait a couple of years when it has moved on. We had no problems walking the perimeter of the hotel and part of the marina, although it is a bit bare. I hope that when building work finishes there will be some gardening involved to add some much needed greenery.
Overall, I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I have stayed in hotels all over the world, and this one is by far and away my favourite. It is the level of service that sets it apart from other hotels. I lost my mobile phone in a taxi, the hotel security found it within an hour and I had it back within two. All the staff were fantastic, and they made my wife and I feel almost like we were the only guests staying at the hotel. I will most definitely be coming back for a return visit.

1 Thank dwinter0
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor.

We were really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to celebrate your wedding anniversary with you.

I was happy to read that our security team were able to reunite your mobile phone and that you found all the team to be friendly and efficient.

Wash D.C. / Baltimore
Reviewed August 26, 2009

All in all the hotel was amazing coming from the americas we would certainly expect to pay hundreds if not a thousand or so for a room along with the service. We had a very long flight 15+hours upon arrival we had to check into the hotel room Orbitz somehow messed up with are plans so watch out for that...the hotel saw that my girlfriend was upset and "upgraded" our room to an apartment suite on the 10th floor. The "butler" took her bags up to the room he turned on the lights for us and asked if we needed anything else. WATCH OUT FOR THE MINI BAR AS THEY WILL CHANGE YOU FOR ANYTHING YOU OPEN!! We tended to get room service because it is the cheapest thing most places range from 100-300DHS The food was great and service was fast. The hotel pool was quite nice as this hotel seems more for couples or older people. The "sister" hotel is across the way the beach there is very nice it has places where you can lay out along with 2 pools a bar located in the pool. They offer towels upon arrival there. The water has a net which allows for a safe swiming We also went to sevral of the malls there. The dress code is just causal what I can say is you can wear shorts but you get strange stares just as long as you dont dress to the extreme you can relax about it...there were quite a few childrens stores along with all of the european fashions in the mall with food stores that were almost always located in the mall and open 1 hour later then the mall.Parking is free most of the time unless you stay more then 3 hours in some places then they will charge you more. Fast food is diffrent most meat will taste different. the pepsi does too along with ketchup included in everything you order. I really couldnt compare dubai to anything. Yes the citry is new and the roads are VERY VERY VERY confusing along with the tolls you cannot aviod. But we Very much so enjoyed duabi. Its new diffrent and very relaxing. We both felt at ease being so far from home. Along with feeling like we were the only americans there. We most deffently will come back if and when they finsh dubailand.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you were comfortable in the apartment which after such a long journey was available. Early check in is subject to availability however we are happy that we were able to accommodate you so quickly.

We were also glad to hear that you both felt very much at home and you were able to use the facilities of both Grosvenor House and Le Royal Meridien.

Zurich
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Let's get the negative out of the way first - the Dubai Marina is a "work in progress" and is likely to be so for some time. This means construction work, and plenty of it. Having said that, you can avoid this by a) getting a room on a high floor and b) no expecting to walk around at street level (which is frankly unrealistic in Dubai anyway). Also the internet is a bit too slow for work purposes.

Onto the positives - the staff deserve a special mention. They were universally polite, friendly, enthusiastic and professional. Special mention goes to the Guest Services who handled every request with care and aplomb. The building itself is of a very high standard and the 45th floor Club Room is an excellent place to relax with a drink. If you had to pick a failing it would be that the pool is a tad cramped. Luckily the Grosvenor shares (very good) facilities with the (beach front) Maridien Grand which is 5mins by shuttle. Lastly the room, we were on the 35th floor which was high enough to not be bothered by the construction noise. The view over the Palm is awesome but likely to be obscured by the new tower going up next door, but for now it's top notch. Interior fittings were modern and tasteful, and size-wise the room and bathroom would count as a mini-suite in New York or London. Especially liked the little touches like the evening snacks left by housekeeping.

All in all a fantastic hotel to stay in - the staff, the atmosphere and the quality of the service make it a real oasis of calm in a crazy city. Already looking forward to the next time.

1 Thank SlimTim72
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a balanced and constructive review of Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you found the team to be friendly, enthusiastic and professional. I will be sure to share you kind comments.

With regards to your comment on the construction noise, as you mentioned, there are currently many exciting projects underway in Dubai and as part of this development, construction is ongoing in the Dubai Marina area. We do however, try our utmost to ensure that any disturbance and inconvenience to our guests is kept to a minimum. Furthermore, we have now implemented a night time curfew on heavy construction in order to ensure a more peaceful night sleep.