“Impeccable!”

Ranked #6 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Seattle, WA
“Impeccable!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. From the pick up at the airport to the Executive Lounge facilities to the swimming pool, this hotel is first class all the way.

We had a corner room which was magnificent. Very spacious, nice view, stunning bathroom and luxurious amenities (Bulgari). The breakfast was phenomenal (buffet with everything you could possibly want). We had evening drinks in the executive lounge which was plentifu. And the service throughout the hotel was outstanding.

This is THE place to stay if you come to Dubai.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, December 31, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your review that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we had exceeded your expectations from the moment you arrived throughout the stay.

It is nice to note that you were extremely pleased with our ambassadors high level of services as well as with the room allocated for you. We are also glad to hear that you liked the Level 5 Club Lounge benefit and also your breakfast experience.

Thank you once again for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed holidays in Dubai for the last 10 Years. However this year we had all 5 children ranging from the age of 3 to 18 with us. We can sincerely say that Grosvenor House is second to none. The service, amenities, facilities, food and staff are impeccable. There was plenty for everyone to enjoy, from the well equipped gym, to the amazing spa facilities. The buffet breakfast had a good variety ensuring that everyone had something they enjoyed. The apartment was ideal for us as a family, it provided a home from home atmosphere, with a good sized lounge doubling up as a bedroom when needed. The kitchen was well equipped, the only improvement would have been a microwave. There were ample good quality toiletries in all 4 bathrooms! The daily cleaning service was excellent and really appreciated. The hotel spoilt us with there splendid service provision. some minor issues occurred however they were commendably dealt with swiftly. It made us feel as though the Grosvenor could not do enough for us. We were fortunate enough to eat at the Toro Toro, it was a sensational experience for any meat lover! We would highly recommend the Grosvenor House to anyone wanting an unrivalled experience in Dubai.

Room Tip: The SPG rewards scheme is easy to join and handy if you are considering staying at the Grosvenor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and our team really looked after you throughout the stay.

We are also glad to know that you were able to experience some of our F&B outlets particularly Toro Toro and found it to be excellent.

All your valuable and kind feedbacks both positive and constructive are greatly appreciated as it is always of immense value to us to continuously understand the level of our guest satisfaction as well as to constantly monitor and measure our service and standards at the hotel.

Thank you once again for highly recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I've stayed at several different properties in Dubai over the years, and being a Starwood Platinum member the one hotel I had not tried out was the Grosvenor House. This past Thanksgiving, I decided to take a trip out to Dubai with family and see if this property was deserving of it's high rating. After three solid nights, I can say this might just be one of the best hotels in the region, not just Dubai.

I arrived a little later than expected due to long queues at DXB, and initially had a hard time locating the airport shuttle service provided by the hotel. While waiting outside for a few minutes, I received a call on my mobile from the hotel who informed me the rep from the hotel would be meeting with me in a few minutes and a few seconds later I saw my name on a little signboard and I was on my way. The drive from the airport is about 30 minutes, and because of my later arrival traffic was not an issue and the ride was very smooth. The hotel itself is located in the Marina, and the two towers stand out among the skyline of the area as it's quite the large hotel. Check-in was fairly smooth and I was informed that I was upgrade to a Deluxe Suite with my Platinum Status - nice job on acknowledging the status! I will say that gentleman who checked me in was extremely professional and kind, and really went out of his way to help answer any question. We also received welcome drinks which were a very nice touch. A great start so far.

The Deluxe Suite was in Tower 1 and had fantastic views of the marina area and Skydive Dubai. At times the view was so good that we'd spend a good 30-40 mins each day just watching the skydivers perform. The room itself was big and very luxurious, especially the bathroom. The shower was one of the best I've experienced over the years, and the bed was extremely comfortable. This was definitely a Luxury Collection hotel. We had a late meal at Sloan's which is open 24/7 and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We also had breakfast here which had lots of options, and was absolutely delicious.

We were greeted by Ramesh, who is one of the guest services managers, on our way out to check out some of the sights. He made us feel very welcome as did any other staff member we encountered. Most staff members will always ask how your day/evening is going and if you need anything, the service at this hotel is simply superb. I have been in so many Starwood hotels and while I generally think the service is very good, this seemed to be on another level. They really had just about every single need of yours taken care of in some way. And the hotel itself has a lot to do, from the Spa, the gym, the various lounges and bars, and highly rated restaurants that you may not feel the need to step outside. :)

The Walk on JBR is located just a few minutes away, you could walk there but as you're crossing a very busy road it's best to just take a quick cab ride down. Beware, traffic is bad in the late afternoon and evening hours, but the scene is worth checking out and is great for people-watching while drinking a nice cup of coffee or dining at one of the seemingly hundreds of restaurants on The Walk. It's great when all this is located so close to the hotel, it makes you realize that this was the right area to stay in. There is also the Marina Mall not too far from the hotel, and while it's not the Dubai Mall, it is still a nice mall and worth checking out. This area was really built for tourists and expats, it's not like the financial district near the Burj Khalifa or Al Barsha near the Mall of the Emirates which tend to have a little more of a local feel to it. But with that said, the Marina is a very comfortable area and the walk around the Marina in the evenings is really nice and starts right at the corner of the Grosvenor House. How convenient! It was very easy getting a taxi from the main entrance of the hotel, never had a wait more than a few minutes even during a very busy week which had the hotel very full. Anyone that has been to Dubai knows that traffic can be a real challenge especially on SZR, if you wish to venture towards the Burj Khalifa and old Dubai, you can take the incredibly convenient, clean, and smooth Dubai Metro from the Marina Mall station. You'll be at the Mall of the Emirates within 10 minutes, and the Burj Khalifa within 25 minutes. And it is inexpensive!!

I enjoyed an evening at Buddha Bar which was very lively, and Embassy which is a nightclub in Tower 2 that is one of the most upscale clubs in the city. The Level 5 lounge in Tower 2 was a hidden gem, the staff here was wonderful and it was a great location to have breakfast, or snacks in the afternoon or evening. Upscale and quiet at most times, even with lots of people, it provided a quiet location to enjoy some casual conversation over a quick drink or snack. I really enjoyed this very much.

When checking out the same gentleman who checked us in was there and was sad to see us go. I was even more sad, and on our way our Ramesh thanked us for staying at the hotel and provided a couple tips for our trip onwards to Abu Dhabi. The service at the Grosvenor House Dubai is what one would expect from a Luxury Collection Hotel but I would say this goes one step further and was even better that what I expected. Every staff member we encountered was so friendly and professional, and really wanted to make sure our stay was nothing short of perfect. They seemed to have the genuine desire to do what they could to ensure satisfaction, and this was greatly appreciated. We stayed during a busy week (National Day weekend) and were surprised to see the amount of attention given to each guest, it was almost as if you felt like you were the only guest there! But that is what makes this a superior property, the service level is simply the best and you cannot get any better than this. It might be priced a little higher than some other hotels in the area, but the Grosvenor House is very much worth it and the staff do their best to ensure your stay is as perfect as possible. If you haven't stayed here yet, you certainly need to on your next stay. I cannot wait until the next time I am back in Dubai, as the Grosvenor House will be the place where I will stay without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stylo4444
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your detailed review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and our team really looked after you from the moment you arrived throughout the stay.

It is nice to note that you were pleased with the service rendered to you by our ambassador and please may I mention that Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is gratifying to receive such praise. We are also glad that you were pleased with the room you had stayed in and found it to be perfectly appointed.

Additionally, we are happy to hear that you were able to experience some of our F&B outlets particularly Buddha Bar, Level 5 Club Lounge and Embassy.

It is indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back at the hotel in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed December 24, 2013

i loved this hotel it has very good restaurants , service is good and so is the location. but it is very far from the rest of the dubai and only good incase you visit in winter it is a bit crowded
the hotel was really well designed and managed. the rooms are nice and the hotel smells nice too
it was very accomadating and i was pleased

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service and the facilities available at the hotel.

All your kind comments are well appreciated and it is indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My Wife and I spent one week in Dubai and really enjoyed our stay at the Grosvenor House.
It has been one of our best hotel experiences ever, due to the considerate service, delicious food and excellent gym and spa facilities.

pro:
- in the heart of Dubai Marina only 10 Minute Taxi Drive to Dubai Mall and 5 Minute Walk to JBR-Walk and beach.
- Dreamlike beach of cooperative Hotel (Le Meridien) can be used at all times
- best service ever (got surprise cake and bottle of wine on my birthday, staff was always very obliging and kind)
- delicate and diversified buffet with local and international dishes
- modern and fully equipped gym and spa facilities

con:
- none :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, December 28, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service rendered by our ambassadors as well as the facilities we have on offer.

We are happy to hear that you liked the little surprise that we had organized on your birthday. All your kind comments with regards to the cuisine, Gym and Spa facilities and the use of the pool and beach facilities in our sister property Le Royal Meridien are greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We went with our 5 month old daughter for our first family holiday and we loved this hotel. They gave us asteriliser, accommodated us at restaurants as we had a pram... Staff were very friendly and helpful. The sister hotel was great but their pools were too cold for my daughter to swim in, but the pool at the GH was a perfect temperature. We got fresh fruit every day and chocolates every early evening. Their gym and pool was great as was breakfast (widest buffet choice you could imagine). The only disappointment was I requested a cot bed and got a crib which was so low I couldn't easily place/pick up my daughter in/from it. We ended up co sleeping as the bed was equivalent of 2 king size beds; and it was handy for night feeds too. Would recommend this hotel to families, couples and business trips.

Stayed December 2013
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, December 29, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Whilst we are glad to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, we are sorry to hear your disappointment with regards to the baby crib provided during your stay. Please be assured that we have shared this and your other various comments to the concerned managers and the team accordingly so that we can learn from your experience and enable us to constantly monitor and measure our service and standards at the hotel.

All your kind feedback with regards to our ambassadors high level of service, pool and Gym facilities as well as the breakfast experience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Grosvenor House.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed there for a 2 week period in July/August in a 1 BR service apartment. Service was excellent; apartment in Tower 1 was comfortable; quite modern and staff bent over backwards despite it being middle of Ramadan. Close to the marina; walked along the "waterfront" to dining areas all along the waterfront. The staff very quickly knew your timings so had my car ready and waiting every morning for me to drive to work. Within walking distance to Marina mall and the esplande for more dining options. As it was Ramadan, it was quiet throughout. The breakfast buffet did not disappoint and was very good. Within easy walking distance to the metro as well. If not, the taxi service there was excellent - always available. Wifi throughout. The flower displays throughout the hotel were magnificent.

Room Tip: Ask for specials - for example ask for a regular room which comes with breakfast and ask to be upgra...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service provided by our ambassadors as well as the decor of the hotel.

All your kind comments with regards to the breakfast experience, transportations, and Wifi connectivity are truly appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.