“In my top 3 in Dubai..”

Ranked #6 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“In my top 3 in Dubai..”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I lived in Dubai for 2 years and before that travelled to Dubai around 15-20 times staying in different hotels every-time I went. I have been in almost every hotel around Jumeriah/ Marina and stayed at most.

If somebody asks me my favourite I almost have to say GH every time. I wouldn't normally wright a review about a hotel in Dubai because you generally know you are going to get 5* service but I feel GH just goes that extra mile.

The food is outstanding, the rooms are exquisite and the service of the Royal Meridian is a real treat. I have stayed in the Atlantis, Burj , Al Qasr , JBH, The One and Only but for me GH is the one...only downside no beach but the pool makes up for it !

Room Tip: Corner room with large balcony is pretty special!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack B
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that Grosvenor House is one of your favorite hotels in Dubai and that you were always pleased with the service and facilities that we have on offer for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending us Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,051)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am extremely fortunate and have the pleasure of spending the Winter months in Dubai. I arrive in January and head back to London in July/August. Whilst I am here I stay at Grosvenor House and after spending so much time here I can gladly say that it is just perfect! Grosvenor House is located in Dubai Marina, which I believe is the best location. In 2009 I did decide to try another luxury Hotel in the downtown area and after two weeks I went back to Grosvenor House. I could write a very long essay about the excellent qualities of the hotel but I will leave that to someone else and just concentrate on what I believe to be the most important thing..service. I have no idea what the management are doing to their staff but it is certainly brilliant. As a guest you will be treated like you are the most important person in the Hotel and the warmth you will feel from staff is completely genuine. I think this the main reason why GH gets it's excellent reviews; You will not get better service anywhere in Dubai. After all my time at GH I have only had one small complaint and it was dealt with in the most professional and excellent manner. I purchased 21 roses from the hotel florist and after 3 days they had all died. I called the guest services team who could not be more apologetic and within 30 minutes a bouquet of 41 fresh roses were delivered to my room. Grosvenor House is the best hotel in Dubai and fully deserves it's reputation

Room Tip: I would pay extra and book a suite to take advantage of the executive lounge which is incredible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank NicolasBernard
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn from your review that you had always enjoyed your stay with us and were particularly pleased with the service of our ambassadors. We will be sure to share your kind words of appreciation with the team.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and continued support.

It is truly a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mazarron, Spain
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our first visit to Dubai was made all the more delightful because of our stay at the Grosvenor. Not only was the hotel sumptuous in all areas, (as many Dubai hotels are) but all the staff were courteous to the extreme.They made our stay a delight.
Our main reason for this Dubai visit was to watch the Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament and the hotel location was ideal for the venue at Emirates Golf Club. An inexpensive taxi ride or even a trip on the Metro were both acceptable modes of getting to the course.
The hotel has a shuttle bus going to the Emirates mall several times a day, also to their sister hotel Le Meridian, which is right on the beach.
The food at the Grosvenor is superb, breakfast is of buffet style, but extensive in it's variety, catering for all tastes. Obviously if drinks are ordered expect to pay a premium price, due to the countries culture.
Location at the Dubai marina was particularly beneficial, as it enabled us to sample the many different types of food available in the many differing restaurants within walking distance.
Al in all an excellent choice of hotel which we would certainly visit again when we return to Dubai.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DAVID K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Grosvenor House experiences on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that the service our ambassadors had made your first visit to Dubai a memorable one.

We appreciate all your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 17, 2013

There are actually two towers (Tower One and Two), and I stayed in Tower Two, which I believe was built later. The lobby area I prefer of Tower One, as there are more opportunities to sit, talk, and meet people.
As I was on business, also used the level 5 facilities where I usually had breakfast, sometimes snack lunch, and also afternoon/early evening drinks.
When checking in was immediately welcomed with a drink, the room was fabulous facing the marina, where one can also find many restaurants to have dinner and smoke a shisha.
The room was big, all modern design with all the amenities.
Service in the hotel was excellent from start to leaving again, only a pitty I could not stay longer. Would I come again - yes definitely, would I recommend the Grosvenor House - yes definitely!
This was one of the best hotels out of the many I stayed so far.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Marina.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GeoGameSL_11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found your experiences at the Grosvenor House to be one of your best.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our third visit and second to tower two, we have always been big fans of the dar but service levels at the grosvenor have just got better and better staff seem stable with many faces that we have seen before , where as the dar seems to of become a victim of high staff turn over and poor training in comparison ,
Level 5 lounge is quality in every department , spa is fantastic , some of the best restarants in dubai , many thanks for a great stay

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lordmartyn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to read your warm comments regarding your overall experiences at the hotel and it is a pleasure to know that you had once again enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Columbia, New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago but just had time to write this review. This place was total class from the time we arrived until the time we left. The butlers were fantastic. The people smiled and gave great service no matter where we went. We stayed in a Two Bedroom Residence in Tower one and was blown away on the 39th floor. We stayed for 10 nights. The views were fantastic and the room was kept spotless. They even washed the dishes that were in the sink. It was probably the best service I have recieved in any hotel and I have stayed in some of the best.

Room Tip: This was great room since it was 2 bedrooms with 2.5 bath's. It had the balconies, the living r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Scott O
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us a few weeks ago.

It is a pleasure to note that you had totally enjoyed your stay with us from the time you arrived at the hotel and found this to be best of your best hotel experiences.

Having stayed in one of our Two bedroom apartment at the Grosvenor House Tower One we are also happy to know that you were pleased with the view from the 39th floor as well as with our housekeeping services. Your kind comments will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I visit Dubai very often and I have stayed at many luxury hotels but Grosvenor House wasn't my best option at all! I believe that it's getting this high evaluation because of the SPG members that they're comparing this hotel to the other SPG group hotels that they usually stay at, and to be honest it's one of the best SPG hotels but as I've said it's not the best in Dubai!
The service is good, the staff are friendly but the location is too far from the downtown and it's not easy to walk to (The Walk Area) which has the restaurant and cafes as you should go by car.
The food wasn't good, the room was tite comparing to other Dubai's hotels! The concierge wasn't helpful and I didn't like the concierge desk location which is in front of the hotel's entrance!
The 44 Bar is a smoking area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank majedk
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed the service and friendliness of our ambassadors during your stay, however, we are truly sorry for not having met your overall expectations on this occasion. We have taken note of your valuable feedback and these will be reviewed accordingly.

It is never our intention to disappoint our guests and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.