“Faultless, clean, friendly and very welcoming”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #6 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Faultless, clean, friendly and very welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

It's taken me some time to write this, but I felt I had to and I don't normally bother. I stayed for a week with my husband, and i was three months pregnant at the time. We wanted a holiday before we welcomed our baby, this was definitely the place to be. We were instantly welcomed and checked in within moments. We were upgraded from a standard double to a suite. With a kitchen, lounge, huge bedroom, clean bathroom and separate wc, we were more than satisfied already. I can't really say much more, other than you must visit. No, there isn't a beach here but a coach will take you there. This goes every so often and from outside the doors of the hotel. We went to the beach once, and at 3months pregnant it was too hot for me. We had a lovely fresh breakfast every morning, lunch by the pool and we headed out in the evenings for dinner. I can't complain about anything to be honest, it was wonderful from start to end. There was children at the hotel but none that screamed or whaled. I don't think I realised just how fantastic this place was when we visited, but this wasn't our first stay in Dubai but certainly one hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khristina A
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you and your husband had enjoyed this recent visit to the hotel and were pleased with the general service and facilities at the hotel.

Your kind comments with regards to the suite you had stayed in, breakfast experience etc are truly appreciated.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

As always since its opening, Grosvenor House provides excellent service, confortable rooms, top quality facilities. Very friendly and efficient staff especially ladies at front desk.

Only neg. comments / to improve:
- Rooms located elevators can be noisy.
- There is no direct access to the beach, only thru a shuttle.
- There is no direct access to the Dubai marina although the hotel is only about 200m away (you can only access it by car).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators which can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found the service of our ambassador to be excellent, friendly and efficient. Your kind comments will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first stay at Grosvenor House Hotel was extremely pleasing, the service provided first class. They arranged efficient private airport transfers, upgraded us from a Delux room to a suite, complete with fruit basket and unlimited bottled water, without us even requesting it. All staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Dinner at two of the hotel's restaurants, the Ottoman and Toro Toro, were marked by excellent food and most attentive service (special thanks to Silvio at Toro Toro with it's remarkable eating experience). Convenient transfers to the beach resort, which has a lovely outdoor bar with great staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MichaelJohannesburg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that your first visit to the Grosvenor House was extremely pleasing and found the service of our ambassadors to be first class.

We are also glad to know that you had the opportunity to dine in Ottoman’s and Toro Toro and were pleased with the food as well as the service, particularly with Silvio. Your kind words of appreciation will be shred with him.

We are equally pleased to hear that you were able to make use of the pool & beach facilities at Le Royal Meridien and found our shuttle service to be convenient.

Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to be of service in the near future.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our 4th time in Dubai, but first time at this hotel. We decided to stay at Grosvenor House after reading all the great reviews. We booked a premier room which included Level 5 lounge benefits, transfers from and to airport and breakfast. Prior to our trip there was some kind of misunderstanding regarding the airport pick up. When I sent our flight information per email, they claimed that our room didn't include airport transfers. However, after sending them our booking confirmation they fixed the misunderstanding and arranged pick up for us. When we arrived in the Dubai airport we were escorted to our waiting car, a nice white 7-serie BMW with a very nice chauffeur.

The hotel itself is magnificent! I've travelled a lot and stayed at many 5-star hotels, but this is one of a kind. Mostly because of the attentive staff. The accommodation is fancy as well and we were happy with our premier room and Level 5 lounge. I warmly recommend to pay a little extra to get a room with lounge benefits. They serve there breakfast, afternoon tea and light bites (we had our lunch there every day) as well as pre-dinner drinks and snacks in the evening. I want to say our special thanks to the staff at the lounge! They are very attentive, helpful and friendly.

On the 4th day of our stay we noticed that we had no hot water in our room. We noted the staff about it and they promised to fixed it. Well, nothing happened and we had to have quick showers in tepid water. After a couple of days we started to be a little irritated about not having any hot water and noted the staff again before going for a dinner. After dinner the staff told us that the problem has been fixed, but if we wanted they could upgrade us to a suite. A long story short, they gave us an amazing executive suite. What I'm trying to say is, that yes there was a couple of human errors or misunderstandings but the amazing staff did their everything to put it right for us. Thank you for that, once again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise coming from traffic and restaurants.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna88P

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to read from your review that you had enjoyed your first visit to the hotel and were particularly happy with the service of our ambassadors. It is a pleasure to know that you were pleased the food and service in our Level 5 Executive Lounge and your kind words of appreciation will be shared with the team accordingly.

We have also taken note of the difficulties you had encountered during your stay with us and would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my second visit and the front desk welcomed me back warmly and even remembered where I live in Mumbai! The hotel itself is well done, with an excellent breakfast buffet and a number of restaurants. However on both occasions I haven't had a chance to try any apart from breakfast.

Was touched to find a cake in my room with birthday wishes in advance ( was the next day) .

The hotel s quite central and visible from the main Sheikh Zayed Road and yet quite hard to find. All my meetings were late as the signage leading in is a bit confusing. Taxi and limo drivers too find it quite difficult.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank keasdad
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, February 16, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your second visit to the hotel and your comments both positive and constructive are greatly appreciated, which will be reviewed accordingly.

Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lynch Station, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The best hotel I've ever experienced. I carefully researched Dubai hotels, and Grosvenor House perfectly fit our needs. I selected it because I wanted a five-star hotel with serviced apartments, beach access, and free internet, not always an easy combination. We were upgraded from our requested one-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom on the 39th floor with a gorgeous view. There were 2 1/2 baths with every amenity, including a beautiful glass-doored marble shower and two large bathtubs. I was also glad to see the washer-dryer. We didn't need all the space, but we really appreciated it when I became ill and was confined to the room for several days with a severe respiratory infection. The hospital employs an in-house nurse who triages guest illnesses, treating the minor ones and summoning a physician when necessary. I eventually had to see the physician, who came to our hotel room(s).He was polite and thorough; the medication he prescribed was ordered by the nurse and sent to our room. The nurse continued to check on me daily. Every staff member I met was welcoming and helpful beyond expectation. We took the hotel shuttle to the Mall of the Emirates on one of the days I was able to get out, and there was a shuttle every 15 minutes to Le Royal Meridien, which has beautiful beach facilities. I was not able to use them, but we did walk on the beach briefly and watch the parachutists jump from small planes overhead. There is a shuttle from Le Royal Meridien to the Big Bus tour company, which I would recommend for a good overview of Dubai. It was about the only touring I was able to do; I wasn't up to the "hop-on-hop-off" aspect, but we did get off and eat lunch in the Dubai Mall at the base of the Burj Khalifa. No visitor to Dubai should miss this mall, but we had no time to visit the skyscraper itself. The Grosvenor House is a beautiful hotel, and I'd love to be back there right now. I'd recommend a rate including breakfast, as breakfast would be expensive by itself. It is a superb buffet with the largest selection imaginable. The only issue I have is not the fault of the hotel. We had arrived in Dubai on the QM2 at the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal, which is a long way from the area in which the hotel is located. Several taxi drivers refused to take us there because of the distance. I actually didn't see much difference between the distance to the hotel from either the cruise terminal or the airport, and there are lots of five-star hotels much farther away, but if you arrive by ship, keep this in mind. Getting a taxi to the airport was no problem. We had a wonderful experience at the Grosvenor House and would recommend it to everyone with needs and expectations similar to ours. Knowing what you want and need is the key to satisfaction with a hotel.

Room Tip: Highest floors have wonderful views and are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are glad to note that you had enjoyed your overall experiences at the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the apartment that we had allocated for you. We are truly sorry to hear that you had been a little poorly during your stay with us and hope you are now fully recovered.

All your kind comment with regards to the service and facilities at the hotel are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Wilsonville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Khaled Ghaleb, my hat is off to you for the best hotel I have found in quite some time. In Dubai I always loved the Fairmont. Your hotel is leagues above on so many levels. The Bellhops are spot on and reception is impeccable. I stayed in the newer Tower 2(a must if you like it a little quieter) which is furnished beautifully and the fresh flowers and welcome drink are over the top creative. I had room 9055 which had incredible views of the Palms and the Atlantis. It also had a very comfortable balcony. The downside to the room was location to elevator, but I hardly noticed. The traffic and construction were a minor distraction but I don't think you can escape either in Dubai. If the Club Lounge is important to you for food & beverage, you will think you have died and gone to heaven. Its huge and there is lots of room to find a quiet space. There is also outside seating. I splurged and had a 90 minute massage--Emilee has 8 years of experience and again, top quality everything. There is a jacuzzi with heated loungers to relax on while you wait. I even cancelled an evening out with a friend--just to stay in and relax. I cannot wait to return here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Corina B

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and all your kind comments with regards to the service and facilities at the hotel are greatly appreciated.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.