“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #5 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that I travel a fair bit and stay at a number of expensive hotels and resorts around the world. I've stayed in hotels that charge more than 5 times what the Grosvenor charges per night and yet I have never had better service than I had here.

I had an early arrival, many hours before check-in, and yet the front desk staff not only allowed me to check-in when I arrived, but they upgraded me to a beautiful suite even though they were very full. Not once did they ask for an extra charge for the early check-in. A few months ago, I stayed at a $1500 a night room in a different hotel in Dubai, and they made me pay $750 to check in early.

The hotel is just beautiful and the flower display changes every day and is stunning. All the staff, from the bellmen to the waiters to management, to the pool and gym guys are the best trained I have ever encountered. They always go the extra 10 miles without even asking, and they are very polite and courteous.

I tried most of the restaurants and the food, while relatively pricey, is delicious and the wait staff are fantastic. The rooms are modern and very comfortable as well.

Whoever manages this place deserves a big fat raise and all other Dubai hotels should learn from the Grosvenor (Jumeirah - I'm looking at you!).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank fundipyum
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, particularly with regards to the Staff. It was a pleasure to note how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and we be sure to share your comments with the team.

Thank you once again for recommending the Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Grosvenor House Dubai

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Being a frequent visitor to both the Grosvenor House and Le Royal Meridien for both business and holidays you’ll see from my previous reviews that both hotels maintain very high standards of service throughout and I’ll not hesitate in returning in the future. Given the value attached to honest feedback I’ve categorised my most recent stay as average, this isn’t indicative of an overall average customer experience, far from it but more aligned to several issues consistent with other peoples recent experience

I recently stayed in the Grosvenor House tower 2 with my wife and 2 daughters age 5 and 9 months and this during the school half term holidays, the increased foot fall was evident but we were perfectly comfortable with this and half expecting it to be fair. We stayed in a one bedroom suite looking onto the city with level 5 access which was good in terms of space and convenience required when travelling with young children.

If your familiar with the Grosvenor House you’ll know that people tend to use the sister hotel Le Royal Meridien directly opposite during the day given that its on the beach however due to the increased numbers of people utilising the free shuttle service the journey over become quite a trek with a wait time of up to 15 minutes plus an additional 15 to 20 mins on the bus, the frustrating thing is the hotels are only a 5 minute walk from one another but this involves crossing a 6 lane freeway – this I attempted on a couple of occasions however its far too dangerous and I wouldn’t advise anyone to try this and hence why the shuttle was the only realistic option. This is only a minor issue and a lesson learned however the freeway really started to irritate me during the night when the loudest cars I’ve ever heard would continually drive past and wake the whole family, this mainly between the hours of 1 till 4am. I accept the hotel can’t control these unusual driving habits however when I raised this as a concern to the reception staff I was told that someone would contact me to discuss, the following day I hadn’t received any response and again I contacted reception and explained the situation, the response I received was that the hotel was fully booked and therefore we were unable to be re located elsewhere – I enquired whether there was any availability at Le Royal Meridien however due to the school holidays they were fully booked also.

On our penultimate night we decided to book an early table in the Indian restaurant in tower one, this I booked myself downstairs with Concierge team for 19.30hrs the same day, at approximately 19.00hrs my wife called down to ask whether the reservation could be pushed back 15mins as I was running late as I’d gone out shopping for some new shoes due to the dress code, the response received was that the reservation was actually for the following evening which was a bit disappointing as we had nowhere else to go, only to receive a hand delivered confirmation note on our last day confirming the reservation was actually the day after which was after we were due to leave – I initially put this down to the busy period however realistically the process should really have been robust enough to capture the data accurately and these minor issues always seems a lot worse when you’ve got children with you compared to travelling alone.

At checkout on the day of departure I paid the bill (although initially overcharged) as requested for accommodation plus additional food and beverages for 8 nights accommodation however it wasn’t until 2 days later when my wife was buying the groceries in Waitrose that her debit card was refused due to lack of funds, I contacted my back who advised me that the initial swipe of my card when I arrived at the hotel hadn’t been reversed and therefore I had no access to any funds within my currently account having paid double for my accommodation. The bank advised me to contact the hotel and provided an authorization code for me to quote. I made direct contact with the guests services manager via email on the 6th Nov and explained that upon check out I’d mentioned directly to him the issues during my stay including being overcharged on our final bill however I was now becoming a little frustrated, the following day I received a reply to confirm that a the reversal had been re submitted and will now be immediate to which having checked I responded that unfortunately it still hadn’t happened. The funds were eventually reversed on 11th November which was 7 days after check out. On the 13th Nov I received the following reply message from the hotel “Thank you for the reply and sorry that I got back to you so late I was following up with the bank but they said that its still on the process” this response wasn’t ideal however I can see from other reviews that this has happened before so this must be a process issue that’s been left unresolved and given the amount of money involved I’d imagine it could be quite distressing dependant on circumstances.

The above issues are easily fixed and I’m sure I’m not the first to mention, however trip advisor reviews add no value without honest unbiased feedback and I hope the staff at GH don’t perceive this negatively

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the road
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank anthonygB9422OO
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Where do you start when it comes to hotel that good?! Firstly I should explain that my husband and I were there on honeymoon over Xmas 2012. For anyone worrying that a Muslim country might not be very Christmassy worry no further! The decorations and displays around the hotel make Claridges look like they made no effort, they are simply stunning and a wonderful backdrop for a few photos.

We stayed in Tower 2, the one with the executive lounge access, again as reviewed by others the added expense is definitely worth it for those partial to the odd tipple as booze is expensive in Dubai. The Executive Lounge on the 5th flr provides breakfast between 6 am and Noon, afternoon tea between Noon and 4pm, then pre dinner drinks between 6pm & 8pm. There is also access to comfy seating, computers with internet and tv's with international news on. The rooms are modern and chic, large and extremely comfortable. We had a marina view room on the 7th flr and were very happy with it.

We had the pleasure of going down to the sister hotel The Royal Meridien on Jumeriah Beach which was also stunning, for a cocktail party. Our drinks and food were catered for all night by the hotel with 1300 people there I thought this was a genuine extra over and above gesture. Moreover they had Dj's, flame throwers and general entertainment all night for what turned out to be a really amazing evening for everyone.

The restaurant selection within the hotel is sublime, be sure to try out Rhodes in Resdience, Indego by Veneet and Ottoman. We really wanted to try Maya down at the Meridien but that was closed for a refurb....maybe next time!!

All this to say there will MOST definitely be a next time as I fail to see how any other hotel could live up to the amazing expectations we have had set for us by the Grosvenor. A real joy to spend Christmas here, thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank FoodieCharmers

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Grosvenor House experiences on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had chosen to stay with us to celebrate your very special occasion and that we were able to make this a memorable experience for you.

Having stayed in one of the premier category of rooms, we are happy to know that you were pleased with the room as well as with the level 5 lounge facilities.

We also appreciate all your kind comments with regards to the Christmas cocktail as well as your dining experience in few of our food and beverage venues.

It was a pleasure to have you spend this festive season with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were treated very well by the staff here and found them all to be very friendly and accommodating. We took advantage of the sister hotel, across the street, as it was geared more towards children, and we had our daughter with us and this gave us access to the beach. A wonderfully relaxing stay, where we enjoyed getting pampered.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a suite, it's worth it!
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Quinnytime

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderfully relaxing stay with us and were particularly pleased with the service of our ambassadors. We are also happy to know that you were able to take advantage of the pool and beach access at Le Royal Meridien and all your kind words of appreciation will be shared with the team accordingly.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Grosvenor House, Dubai is simply the best hotel that I have ever been. Everything was perfect from the moment that you get a welcome drink on reception till the time you realized that your room has been made two times per day. The rooms are big and modernly furnished. We have a room on 21st floor of Tower 1 with balcony bigger than the room itself and with stunning view to Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah and Burj Al Arab. The breakfast at Sloan’s was magnificent and I could recommend B’attitude Spa, located at Tower 2. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall we have great stay in Grosvenor House.

Room Tip: Definitely chose room in Tower 1 and ask for balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tokushev
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found Grosvenor House to be one of the best hotels that you had stayed in.

We appreciate all your kind comments with regards to the service and the facilities at the hotel and we look forward to be of service in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We are frequent travellers to dubai and have stayed in numerous hotels throughout dubai, Atlantis and the burj being the most visited. We decided to try the grosvenor after seeing excellent reviews on trip advisor. We were expecting excellent service and a fantastic club lounge. How wrong were we!!

On arrival at the hotel we were taken to our one bedroom suite room 8060, the room was very modern with fantastic amenities. We were informed that the extra bed for our daughter would follow. After a 3 hour wait we decided to telephone guest services As time was getting on. We were told that there were no extra beds available. My husband told them that if they didn't have an extra bed then they would have to find a 2 bedroom room. After waiting another half hour my husband rang back. Again they were checking. We were then told that a bed was being sent up.the bed arrived. And bizzarly when we returned from the pool the next day another bed was put in the room! Why would we want two beds!!??
The lounge is not the best, Atlantis is far better for service and food. To our annoyance the team tried their hardest to always seat us in the small, sometimes dirty family room. We had to continually ask for things!!!

The turn down service and maid service is very inconsistent... Sometimes they put the extra bedding and pillows on the bed other times they don't bother. Sometimes u get a glass woth water othertimes you dont! Last night they took the pillows and bed spread off and couldn't be bothered to even put it back into the wardrobe!!! Sometimes u get a treat at turndown other times u don't. In most 5 star hotels in dubai we All get something on our pillow, not just one item!!

The traffic into the hotel is a nightmare at night! And we can hear loud music until 1am from our room..

We have 3 nights left here And only wish that we had booked to stay elsewhere. It's a good hotel if u are a young couple, who don't mind inconsistent service!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank 99dog

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to read from your comments that you were not pleased with your overall experiences at the hotel and would like to sincerely apologize for having given you cause to express your disappointment.

Please be assured that it is never our intention to disappoint any of our guests and your valuable feedback is positively taken on board for necessary action to be to taken as these are not reflective of the usual Grosvenor House service standards.

Once again our apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This is my 5th visit to Dubai's Grosvenar House in 2012, the service is fantastic all the staff are friendly and you all the best restuarants are in hotel from budda bar where you can find great asian food to torro torro which serves fine south american food. Also there is the Embassy club where we have enjoyed our night there but it closes at 3 am

3  Thank Moha505
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stays at the Grosvenor House.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your previous many visits to the hotel and were always pleased with the service and facilities at the hotel.

It is always a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.