“Amazing”

Ranked #6 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The service throughout from start to finish was exceptional. I stayed in the premier room in tower 2 and the room was fantastic. I told the hotel that the trip was my honeymoon and they made arrangements for me to be picked up from the airport in a luxury bmw and they lavished the room with rose petals and gave complimentary deserts and drinks. My stay included access to the level 5 premier suite which offered amazing breakfast, afternoon tea with snacks and drinks in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff are always smiling and looking to help which made the stay very pleasant and I would definitely stay there again and would not consider any other hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room that gives access to the premier suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with our and experienced an exceptional service from start to finish. All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and this will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for choosing to spend your very special occasion with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,032)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just returned from a fabulous 5 nights at the Grosvenor House Hotel (GHH). My Premier Room (6068) on the 6th floor in Tower 2 was very spacious with a balcony overlooking the hotel entrance. Everything you could wish for was available – large flat screen TV/DVD, mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities, safe, bath and shower, MASSIVE bed, Bvlgari toiletries, butler (yes, butler!), free wireless internet, etc. I could go on.

However, what really makes the GHH stand out from any other hotel I have visited is the service. Without exception, the staff where extremely pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. I used my butler extensively for all enquiries from details of the Dubai Metro to booking my spa treatment. Nothing was too much trouble.

The Executive Lounge (available to those in Premier Rooms and above) on the 5th Floor is truly fantastic serving breakfast, afternoon tea and a copious supply of pre-dinner drinks from 6 to 8pm. You really don’t have to eat out! However, I highly recommend you do.

We ate on the terrace at the Turkish restaurant, “Ottomans”, in Tower 1 one evening. The lamb I had was superb, as was the service. We also visited “Bar 44” at the top of Tower 1 from where the 360 degrees views of the Palm and Marina are breathtaking (open from 6pm each evening, but being the GHH, they are happy to show you around for photos at any time of day – just call your butler!). They have separate smoking and, much smaller, non-smoking bars. We did try the “Buddha Bar”, but it was a very busy Thursday evening and a bit too packed and noisy for us. It looks fantastic though and worthy of all the hype.

The hotel is twinned with the beach-side Le Meridien over the road and a shuttle bus takes you there free of charge. The beach and outdoor bar were very nice and lovely to sit watching the sunset with a sun downer. However, we realised that we had made the right decision by staying at the GHH as Le Meridien looks a little more, shall we say, family-oriented for our liking!

The GHH also provides a free shuttle service to Mall of The Emirates, although not to the Dubai Mall (about 45 AED each way in a cab). They also lay on a free limo service from/to the airport, but you do need to be staying in the Premier Rooms or above to receive this service included.

I note that the GHH is currently the #2 hotel in Dubai on Trip Advisor. I cannot see any reason why this shouldn’t be in the #1 spot! I shall stay at this hotel again – not least because I miss my butler ☺

Room Tip: Staying in the Premier Room (and above) affords you access to the Executive Lounge and inclusive lux...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dwrgodden
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your 5 nights stay with us and were pleased with the Premier room which we had allocated for you as well as found our ambassadors to be pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable.

Having booked to stay in one of the Premier category of rooms, we are glad to know that you found the package and benefits to be good value for money. Apart from using the level 5 lounge we are also happy that you were able to experience few of our food & beverage outlets as well as make use of the pool & beach facilities at Le Royal Meridien.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our second stay at Grosvenor House hotel. We were in one of the deluxe suites in Tower 1 for the final part of our Honeymoon.
Check in was swift and as always the service was excellent. The suite was comfortable with 2 balconies, giving us a nice view of the marina.
The use of the beach at Le royal meridien was perfect with the shuttle bus running every 10-15mins, so never really had to wait around. We also spent a few hours by the roof top pool which we didnt realise was there last time - the double sun loungers were very cosy and drinks service was again exceptional.
We went up to Embassy which is on the 44th floor of tower two for some drinks and food, we decided to give the £15,000 bottle of Cristal a miss this time, but managed to have a womderful meal overlooking the marina. We went back to Buddha bar again on this visit which always does wonderful food.

We've just booked to go back again in a few months time, this time along with my sister and her husband so they can experience such a wonderful hotel and destination.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor

Having stayed with us for the second time, we are glad to know that you were once again pleased with your check-in experience as well as found the suite which we had allocated for you to be very comfortable. It is also a pleasure to know that you were happy with your dining experience at both Buddha Bar and Embassy Dubai.

We are equally pleased to hear that you were able to make use of the pool & beach facilities at Le Royal Meridien and found our shuttle service to be comfortable.

Thank you once again for choosing to spend your very special occasion with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I cant really add a great deal to all of the positive reviews already posted.

We enjoyed a week here to go to the GP and its by far the finest hotel that we have ever stayed in, its plush, luxurious and the facilities are beyond expectations.

Although it has been highlighted before, I would repeat how truly amazing the hotel team are. They have managed to blend an exceptional level of service/attention to detail whilst at the same time being 100% sincere, they genuinely want you to have an exceptional experience with them.

Amazing hotel, it wont disappoint...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GHLRM, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, November 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that it was one of your best hotel experiences.

We also appreciate you pointing out the excellent service you received from our ambassadors and this will be shared with the team accordingly.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Guildford UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Jooloos, big Dave and I stayed in Tower 2, in club rooms for the GP weekend.

From start to finish, the experience was amazing. Complementary luxury transfers from the airport, upgrade to a suite. What more could you want? Well, just in case you can't imagine, I'll tell you.

Rooms are modern and elegant (not at all brash and glitzy - like some others I could mention in the area). Lobby is beautiful, especially at night with wonderful displays of flowers and a billion candles. Look out also for the full-size horse / lamp - you'll know it when you see it.

Service in the Grosvenor is second to none with that clever mix of efficiency , good humour and friendliness which is rarely achieved. Whatever you want is at hand . The club lounge has to be one of the best on the planet, no, really. Breakfast served until midday,(very handy as big Dave takes forever to get ready in the mornings), quickly followed by afternoon tea ( which is a lot like lunch) and evening cocktails & nibbles ( which are a lot like dinner). Finished your cocktail, sir? Well here's another, just as you put your glass down!

Jooloos got sick on day two with a 24 hour dose of unpleasantness (not the hotels fault, I must stress) and the staff could not have been more helpful, there's even a nurse on hand (24hrs) if required.

There are many dining and bar options at the Grosvenor and they all seem to be excellent. Big Dave loved Ottomans - he said that the lamb was out of this world. Indego (their spelling, not mine) also looks very good but Jooloo's unpleasantness prevented us from trying it. Buddha bar a little too loud for us, looks great but always verrrry busy. Great, great view from bar 44. Pool bar also loud in the evening but great atmosphere. Toro toro looks great but again too loud for a sensible conversation. Probably best to stick to the fabulous club lounge bar in the early evening and then go on to Indego / Ottomans , unless you want some loud stuff.

Big Dave tried the spa and rated it highly. Certainly the best looking hotel spa, bar none.
Visited some of the other hotels in town and none came near the Grosvenor. We tried to rate it fairly but I'm sorry mandarin oriental, Singapore , you just got knocked off the top spot ( happy to reassess that though, if you guys need re-rating)
Why would anyone want seven stars when five are way better? Less is more, it would seem.
If you go, please say hello to big Dave. He's still chained to the horse - lamp in the lobby as he didn't want to leave.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jooloosgoesnorth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor following your visit to the Grosvenor House Dubai.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only the facilities at the hotel but also the food and beverage experience in a number of our restaurants and all you comments are greatly appreciated.

We are equally happy to note that that you were pleased with the service of our ambassadors and this will be shared with the team accordingly.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Newcastle, Staffs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Check in was excellent.
We were in a standard room in Tower 1, 26th floor. 2602
The room was relatively clean (carpet could have done with a shampoo). No balcony. Partial sea view and partial building site/ tower 2.
Location good for marina and bars-probably best suited to groups without children/ teenagers

Good Points
Fruit left daily
Bottled water left most days
Plenty of towels
Nice spa, gym and pool in both hotels and use of sister hotel with beach.

Bad points
Unfortunately despite excellent weather it was impossible to dry anything in the room(costumes) as although there was a window you were advised not to open it. The temperature in the bathroom where there was a line was inadequate.
I requested a quiet room. I was woken at approximately 1am on two evenings by a car revving its engine right outside the hotel. I was awoken at 5.30am one morning by the person who left the paper!
Water not left on second day so we bought sufficient for the week- it was then left most days!
Beach at sister hotel not brilliant not that private or picturesque (right next to public beach)
Many of the restaurants adult only not so good for teenagers
Internet very intermittent wasted half a day waiting for internet access to be sorted out.
Left sun glasses in spa one evening (which was almost empty) went missing.
Room not cleaned that well- sand left Toiletries which were almost empty only replaced after a call to reception.

The hotel was decorated nicely but in my opinion there service in my particular case was very average. They did not anticipate my needs but responded well if I made any requests.

I have given a very good rating because there is no good rating but actually believe the hotel should be rated good. Mainly because in my opinion the service was not consistent. I felt no extra effort was made to please but just enough effort to be acceptable.
Last time in Dubai I stayed at Le Meridian Mina Seyahi which I preferred.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very standard- which is not a particularly good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank scfc

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to hear that you had a less than exceptional experience on this occasion and can assure you that each of your valuable feedback is constructively taken onboard for immediate necessary corrective action to be taken avoiding any shortfalls in our service standards. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

On a more positive note, we are glad that you were pleased with the overall facilities at the hotel and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is in a great location--within walking distance to shops and restaurants along the marina. The service is impeccable. We stayed in Tower Two which was built a little over a year ago. The rooms are upscale and a good size. We paid a little extra to access the premium lounge on the 5th floor. Eulani was a great help to us booking tours and ensuring that we were taken care of in every way. After two nights we realized that we were put in a smoking room and we are non-smokers. The on-duty management team immediately moved us to another room that was non-smoking and it was a suite! They provided us with a bottle of wine and a fruit arrangement to apologize for our trouble. That is incredible service! Sloan's was our favorite restaurant because it was a buffet and we love variety. The food was very expensive at the hotel, but this is Dubai--nothing is cheap here. We were a 5 minute walk from the sister property that gave us access to the beach as well as the hotel amenities (Le Royal Meridien). We would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed this recent stay at the hotel and it was our pleasure to know that we met your expectations with regards to service, cuisine and the facilities of the hotel.

Thank you once again for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.