I stayed here for a week over Christmas and overall I would rate this hotel as very good. Top 3 reasons why I really liked it:
1. Loads of things to do – it has one of the best Indian restaurants in town (if not the best), it has two very good places to go out in terms of Buddha bar and Siddhartha lounge (in the winter), in addition to the pretty happening bar on the top floor.
2. Responsive service – I would just pick up the phone and ask for stuff and it just happened. TV doesn’t work – ‘will fix it straight away sir’. I need adaptors – ‘here they are’. I need to check out really late – ‘no problem’. Need food immediately – ‘done’. I need whiskey glasses because my friends are pretentious – ‘3 minutes’.
3. Quality of space, decoration and surroundings - this hotel looks good from the outside and the inside. I had a one bedroom apartment and this was decorated excellently, nice layout, veeeeeeeeery comfy bed, nice big bathroom with a rain shower…can’t go wrong.
Some things you need to know. They didn’t bother me that much (hence the rating), but I can imagine they would annoy some people on a different holiday program.
1. The swimming pool in tower 1 is very small and therefore people turning up after 10:30am didn’t get a sun bed. Further, due to loads of tall buildings you have interruption in sunshine (no sun after around 1:30pm). You can get a free shuttle to the Royal Meridian hotel so you can you use their pool and the beach but I didn’t enjoy it because this hotel was mainly occupied by people that I’m allergic to. Food there for lunch is horrible too.
2. Some 1 bedroom apartments have only a bathtub and no shower. Not even a little shower handle as part of the bathtub. Seriously wtf. Who runs a bath every morning?!
3. Buddha bar and the hotel bar at the top floor are frequented by various ladies of the night. This is not uncommon in Dubai and they mainly keep to themselves so I don’t find them offensive. The issue is that the atmosphere is ruined because your still having dinner or a drink next to a hooker (or next to 600 hookers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grosvenor House and its two iconic 45 storey towers, Tower One and Tower Two, redefine the world of luxury. The hotel's glittering twin towers are an instantly recognizable landmark in the Dubai Marina. The hotel features 749 spacious, contemporary guest rooms, suites, and apartments with signature Luxury Collection beds, large windows with spectacular views of the Marina, complimentary Wi-Fi and attentive on-call butler service. The area's first true social destination, the hotel is located just minutes from the beach, golf clubs, malls, Dubai Internet City, Media City and more, offering an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication. Step into a world of refined heritage, suave elegance and effortless chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grosvenor House Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor House Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Grosvenor House Hotel Dubai
- Grosvenor Hotel Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Grosvenor Dubai