“best of dubai” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London
“best of dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times, but for the last 2 trips to Dubai I have stayed else where, it was so good to come back to the GH. They just excel at what they do, service is second to none, food choices and quality - the best in Dubai.

Highly, highly recommended, it is one of my fav hotels in the world.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time in recommending Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Since about 18 months, I've been traveling to Dubai for business very frequently. I always stay at the Grosvenor House. For me, it is simply the best in Dubai. The rooms are very comfortable, big, and light. Huge windows let in a lot of light. The beds are comfortable. Room service is great, good selection of foods, and I actually really like the room service staff, who are always seemingly in a good mood and up for a quick chat when they deliver and pick up the food. There are some very good restaurants and bars as well -- Bar 44 is nice for a relaxing drink in the evening, I quite enjoy the food at Indego restaurant, and Buddha Bar is, well, Buddha Bar.

Check in is pretty smooth, and, importantly for Dubai, there are pretty much always taxis available right outside.

I have spent a couple of weekends in the hotel as well, and although the hotel itself doesn't have a beach, guests get free access (and a shuttle) to the Royal Meridien located about 500m away. The facilities there are excellent, beautiful beach and pools, so nothing to complain about in terms of beach and sun either.

Staff is very professional and helpful, although on occasion a little pushy in insisting to take my luggage on arrival. This is a pet peeve of mine in all hotels, as I prefer to keep my luggage with me as that is much quicker and I travel light anyway.

Only once had a problem here with check-in, which was after a late arrival (around midnight), I was sent to a room where there were still cleaners inside cleaning. The staff member who was showing me to my room disappeared for a good 10 minutes, without explanation, leaving me standing in the hallway with my luggage, until he came back and took me to another room. Upon entering there, found a welcome letter addressed to another guest, and was taken again to another room. And of course each room was on a different floor. Finally, when I got to a room that was actually cleaned and available, my luggage never was brought up, and when I called after half an hour to inquire about this, it still took another 20 minutes to finally get there. The way in which this whole incident was handled was not very professional in my opinion, especially as I never really got the impression that management took the incident very seriously. In case they are reading this, just a warning: for people that travel all the time, it takes quite a few good experiences to really become comfortable and pleased with a hotel and wholehearted recommend it to friends and colleagues, but only 1 or 2 bad experiences to ruin it.

Despite the above, this is still one of the best hotels I have stayed in around the world. I will continue coming back as long as I keep coming to Dubai. In addition, am quite looking forward to seeing what the entirely new building will look like (expected completion in August 2011, I am told).

For SPG members, this is one hotel where platinum members ALWAYS get an upgrade to a suite. I've stayed in many SPG hotels where you only occasionally get upgrades, this is not one of those.

Room Tip: Rooms are identical on all floors, though lower floors get more traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank wortel121
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that Grosvenor House Dubai has become your favorite business destination in Dubai.

It is a pleasure to read that you found our rooms & beds to be comfortable, ambassadors to be professional & helpful and also that you were able to make use of the facilities at Le Royal Meridien.

With regards to the difficulty that you had experienced upon arrival, please be assured that this has been addressed to the concerned manager to ensure that a similar situation does not re-occur. I appreciate you brining this to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

Once again thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

After a night flight from Europe I appreciated very early check in and uppgrade to a beautiful corner suite with sea view.
I stayed six nights at Grosvenor House in Dubai Marina.
Dubai Marina is not the best location in Dubai for tourists. This hotel location is far from old Dubai with sights like Dubai museum, creek and gold souk (30 minutes with taxi). Also the new center of Dubai with Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall is a bit away from Dubai Marina.
Three times a day Grosvenor House have a free shuttle service to Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Vallyty
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read from your comments that on this occasion we had the opportunity to offer you both an early check-in as well as an upgrade to a suite.

It is great to have you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Bilbao, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for business. A really good experience. The room was nice and clean. service level in general was excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank KrisNes
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were pleased with the service of our staff.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We spent three nights here on a return trip home from Abu Dhabi and were blown away by the beauty of this hotel. Upon our arrival we were escorted to the upstairs lobby and felt like we were walking into a wedding reception! Our escort directed us to a very comfy seating area surrounded by gorgeous floral arrangements, and checked us in while we took in the beauty of our surroundings. This area was also a place to have cocktails, but without the bar atmosphere. You never saw the bar area, just the attendants who would quietly take your drink orders if you needed anything.
The room was amazing - overlooking the Arabian gulf and the nearby beach. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was outstanding! It had a variety of stations depending on what you prefer for breakfast - everything from fresh meats and cheeses, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, and a station where they made either fresh pancakes or crepes with a variety of toppings or fillings to from which to choose. When you asked for coffee, they brought you an entire glass pot of fresh brewed coffee. I could go on and on about this stay, but suffice it to say, it is a five star hotel without the five star hotel price. And the American dollar is very strong in the UAE at this time, so even more reason to visit this beautiful hotel and beautiful city!

Room Tip: I think any room at this hotel would be fine but ask for a view of the beach for the best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tjcoult
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude and thanks for all you lovely comments that you had posted on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities at the property.

Once again thank you for your time in recommending us on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

After having read dozens of raving reviews about the Grosvenor House in Dubai, I've told my husband I am not going to choose any longer, as I have made my choice.
We are going to Dubai on sabbatical as a family for 30 nights in December/January, and I have been the biggest advocate for staying in Grosvenor, regardless of the big whole it would have made in our family budget as it gives me 3 in 1 (all the priviliges of being in a hotel combined with the comfort of an apartment for long term stay plus all beach and kids facilties within easy access at the neighboring Le Meridien) - no other place seems to be able to give у that.
Unfortunately, my impressions from the first and second contact with the hotel sales office has been not so positive so far:(.
It took them more than 2 days to send first email reply back to me. The responses I got were very limited in detail, so I had to go back and ask for clarifications or additional information - it never felt like the staff is willing to go an extra mile to accomodate all my questions even those i may have not asked. the answers were either incomplete or did not provide sufficient detail. It almost felt like the sales agent responding to me is being irritated by having to deal with a customer. I had to push them to respond or call me. Each time it takes them at least 1-2 days to get back to me, so i cannot get my answers in real time.
It is a bit in contradiciton with my expectations of a true 5 star service. I've expected a bit more attention and going extra mile to make me feel i am a welcome potential guest (ready to spend quite a big portion of our vacation budget on that stay).
Surprisingly, I have experienced a much better online customer care with the 4star apartment residences weve been in contact with so far (namely Nouran residences and their 5 star Address hotel property) who have allways responded immediately within seconds, and even phoned me to clear thigs up for me. I felt very special and wanted.
I know the management of GH are regularly reviewing this site, so I am hoping they will pay attention to this are for improvement.
Regardless, i am looking forward to our upcoming travel, and I am convinced this will be the only poor experience I've had with Grosvenor, and the rest will be perfect just like the other reviewers have shared!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sharkm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to read about your initial reservation process and I am now aware that our Asst. Sales Director, has been in contact with you and explained the reason for not replying to you sooner. As you can appreciate this was mainly due to the weekend office timings and also because of the time difference between the two countries. However, I understand that the matter is now resolved to your satisfaction.

On a more positive note, we are extremely delighted to hear that you and your family had planned to spend the festive season with us and I look forward to welcoming you at Grosvenor House Dubai.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We arrived to the Dubai airport at about 3:00 AM and to the hotel by 5:30 AM. This was well before check-in time but we were still given a room with an expansive balcony. While there is construction work going on in the Marina, we were not bothered by any noise whatsoever. The service was excellent. When we first arrived to check in, the front desk agent told us to have a seat and relax while he got us a room. He quickly printed keys and escorted us to our room.

The room was extremely clean and the bathrooms were large. Coffee and tea were complimentary and there was a large flat screen TV and IPOD dock.

Breakfast in and of itself made the hotel worth it. The spread took up over 3 counters and was delicious! We were sad we only gave ourselves 30 minutes to enjoy it! We ordered room service for breakfast the first day we were there and that was great as well. The hotel has everything you would need. I thought the gym was excellent as was the pool (wish I had time to use the pool). The spa seemed peaceful.

We went to Buddha Bar for dinner one night and loved the appetizers and drinks we shared. We were too full to order entrees but they looked delicious as well. After dinner we went to the Turkish restaurant for Hookah and the service continued to be exceptional (our coal was changed several times). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rc127
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Grosvenor House Dubai.

Whilst we are not always able to offer an early check-in, as this is subject availability, it was a pleasure on this occasion and we also glad to hear that you found the room to be very spacious and clean.

Thank you for all your comments regarding our restaurants with particular mention to Sloanes. We will be sure to share your feedback with all the team.