“A Welcome Retreat”

Grosvenor House Dubai
Ranked #5 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We chose Grosvenor House for a short, 4-day stay in Dubai, largely based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews. Thankfully, the reviews were spot-on, and we had an excellent stay. Grosvenor House proved to be an excellent choice for those seeking for a modern, upscale and comfortable hotel at the Dubai marina.

Rooms

We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 8th floor. The suite was very well appointed, spacious and clean. The bed and linens were of high quality and provided excellent sleep quality. This was a huge plus and welcome necessity after a 13 hour plane trip. The bathroom was luxurious and spacious, but there were a few minor issues. First was the fact that there is only one sink, second was the shower design, and third was the lack of door in the toilet room (no privacy). The Bulgari white tea toiletries almost made up for the minor bathroom flaws, however.

The service we received at Grosvenor House was excellent. The check-in procedure was efficient and we were given a helpful orientation to the facility. The concierges provided a wealth of information and were always on hand to offer assistance. Overall, we felt very welcomed by the staff and enjoyed the consistent, high quality service.

Hotel Facilities

The hotel lobby provides a beautiful first impression, with its opulent yet tasteful décor and spaciousness. Adjacent to the lobby you will find a shopping area with several boutiques. Among the boutiques were a Tunisian chocolate shop with a seriously impressive display of confections, some clothing shops, a coffee shop and various other merchants. The hotel has several restaurants and bars, but the most impressive was the SPG lounge on the top floor with its gorgeous view of the marina. Although Grosvenor House is not located on the beach, guests can enjoy beach privileges at its sister hotel, Le Royal Meridien. The hotel provides a shuttle service to the beach, which is quick and efficient.

Overall, I was very impressed with Grosvenor House, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to other travelers seeking comfort and luxury.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luv4travelNJ
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Grosvenor House experiences on Trip Advisor.

I was a pleasure to read from your comments that you were pleased with the Suite you had on the 8th floor and also value your feedback for any future change that we may decide to do make with regards to the bathrooms.

We also appreciate your feedback with regards to the service and facilities at the property and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Pam Wilby

Write a ReviewReviews (4,830)

Reviewed March 17, 2011

What a wonderfully, elegant, luxurious hotel, with exceptionally friendly helpful staff.
My husband , myself and 19 year old daughter spent 4 fabulous days in the Grosvenor House Hotel in Feb 2011. We had a beautiful spacious 3 bed 3 bath apartment on the one of the higher floors, over looking the marina with partial sea view. The kitchen was especially well equiped whilst the enormous beds were sumptuous. Breakfast ,although still buffet style, had everything imaginable available with chefs cooking some fresh dishes daily.
One evening, for my daughters birthday, we dined in the Rhodes restaurant which everyne enjoyed, for me however, there was something missing, I think it was the lack of atmosphere?
Most days we used the efficient shuttle service to take us across to Le Royal Meridien Hotel which is 5 mins away and has 3 pool areas, beautiful gardens, activities and glorious beach area. Where waiters walk around handing out cold face towels and small ice tubs etc, a great family hotel.
The marina has plenty of restaurants which are only a five minutes as are supermarkets. There is still construction work taking place around the marina but this in no way interfered with our holiday. I am sure it will be fantastic when all finished.
If there is a down side it would be that the pool area is very small and loses the sun during the day but with use ot the Le Royal Meridian being readily available one could not really complain.
We had a great time at this hotel, probably the nicest we have stayed in and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you and your family had chosen to stay with us to celebrate your daughter birthday. It is a pleasure to note that you were pleased with the three bedroom apartment you had stayed in and were particularly impressed with the breakfast buffet in Sloane’s.

We were also pleased to hear that you were able to take the opportunity to use the facilities of our sister hotel Le Royal Meridien.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I am a very critical traveller, and the Grosvenor House is simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Why? Everything!

From the 10 guys ready to open your taxi door when you arrive to the smiles of the Bellboy and concierge to the beautiful hall. The fabulous Pool area where they serve free water and fruit, have a heated pool. Rooms that are beautiful and fresh.

Everything is just perfect.

Buddha Bar that is in the building is also the best Buddha Bar I have visited in the world.

We went for drinks at the Burj Al Arab, but I would rather stay at Grosvenor House than at Burj - Much nicer and contemporary!

I would never consider any other hotel in Dubai when visiting next time!

1  Thank rakibey

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were pleased with the service and facilities at the property.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and could not wait to give my opinion! It was my first trip to the Middle East and it will not be my last. The Grosvenor House was without a doubt one of the most friendly hotels I have ever stayed at in the world. It was also one of the nicest. As an SPG Gold member I'm always looking for a better room whenever I check-in. I was immediately accommodated in an apartment suite with a beautiful view of the Dubai marina. The service was prompt, professional, and never saw a frown. I have never in my entire life been treated so well at ANY hotel in the world. From the time I arrived at the airport in the middle of the night at Dubai International until the time I left the hotel I was treated like royalty. Every single staff member was approachable, eager to assist, and most importantly professional. Not once did I ever have a negative experience at this hotel. I got a fantastic deal on this property and was worth every single penny! If you go to Dubai stay here, I promise you will not regret it at all.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ZP83
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Grosvenor House.

We are delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you in our one bedroom apartment suite on this occasion and that you found the service of our ambassadors to be prompt and professional. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards our Starwood properties and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

As on previous stays, fantastic! Staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. We stayed on 21st floor overlooking Marina (room also had apartial view to the sea). Room was spacios, elegantly furnished in warm colours. Beds and bed linen are sublime - best sleep ever! Loved the fact that one can also make use of the sister hotel - (Le Royal Meridien- situated on the beautiful stretch of pure white sandy beach). Free shuttle provided by the hotel. Restaurants are simply too good to describe - one can use restaurants in both hotels- choice is amazing: Gary Rhodes Mezzanine in Grosvenor (+Rhodes 2010 at LR Meridien), Indego and Maya - the other 2 celebrity chefs' restaurants. All in all around 15 restaurants to chose from in both hotels including Arabic, Italian, fussion, all day dining .There is Bar 44 at Grosvenor with spectacular views of Jumeirah, Dubai Marina and beyond...(another very popular venue)
And then there is Budhabar.!....dark, beautiful, mysterious... bar, restaurant, club, meeting place and a mecca for Dubai Hello and OK set. Budhabar music is world famous, the Dubai venue is super-glamorous.

We loved our stay. We stayed at different times in the past and have received consistently good service. In a way it makes it rather difficult for other hotels as one cannot help but compare them to this truly wonderful hotel.

Beautiful flowers too especialy in the Loby ....
Grosvenor House Dubai is elegant, super-comfortable, friendly and offers a fantastic culinary experience for those who enjoy food and drinks...a treat indeed.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetotraveldubai
GrosvenorHouseDubai, General Manager at Grosvenor House Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the room you had stayed in, comfort of bed, service of our ambassadors and facilities of our sister property, Le Royal Meridien.

Thank you once again for recommending Grosvenor House on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed at the Grosvenor House again in March this year for 6 nights with my husband and once again we had a truly wonderful holiday. From the moment you arrive at the airport, the extraordinary staff will take care of your every wish and provide a level of service that really is second to none. After a night flight, to be picked up at the airport and greeted with refreshing flannels and a luxury car is a great start to your holiday.
As with our stay in 2010, we wanted a bigger room so booked a premium club room which are larger than the standard club rooms and still include airport transfers and access to the club lounge but when we arrived at the hotel early in the morning our room wasn’t ready. However, we were given the option of taking a king 1 bedroom apartment with a fully fitted kitchen, lounge, dining area, bedroom with a dressing area, fantastic bathroom and a 2nd bathroom/cloakroom which after viewing we happily accepted. Congratulations to the Grosvenor House on providing such well equipped and luxurious apartments with all the required amenities.
As during our previous stays most mornings we ate breakfast in Sloane’s, where the quality and variety of food is exceptional. For a lighter breakfast we also ate in the Club lounge which was equally as good and well run by Harish. During this stay, we had dinner in Fusion Restaurant and Al Khaima at the Grosvenor House sister hotel, Le Royal Meridien , both of which serve exceptional food. We also spent several evenings in Bar44 which has a great atmosphere once you get used to the smoke. We visited the club lounge most evenings for pre dinner cocktails and the best canapés you will ever have!
We spent several days around The Grosvenor House pool where the pool guys are very attentive but not intrusive. A very nice touch is the iced water and fresh fruit each day. The only issue with The Grosvenor House pool are the high rise buildings that can mean you end up chasing the sun but it isn’t much of an issue as the pool guys will set up new beds, umbrellas and clean towels for you when you are ready to move. If you prefer the beach, take the free shuttle bus to the sister hotel, Le Royal Meridien where you will find access to swimming pools and the beach.
In conclusion, we had another amazing stay at The Grosvenor House. Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday very special once again and we look forward to visiting you again soon, hopefully in the second Grosvenor House tower!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review about Grosvenor House Dubai on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us and that our team were on hand at the airport to ensure that you were safely and comfortably transferred to the hotel.

Sorry that your room was not ready on arrival, however, glad that our Front Office ambassador had offered you the option of staying in an apartment so that you can have immediate access to the room.

I am also happy that you were able to experience few of our restaurants at Le Royal Meridien and found the food to be exceptional. I am will be sure to share your comments with the team.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in March 2011, as an anniversary celebration with my wife. It was recommended by friends and lived up to all that was said about it. Service and facilites were faultless - we could not find anything to criticize about the hotel or it's staff. Everyone was polite, attentive and helpful, with out being obtrusive, and the services on offer, from the gym to the restaurant, from the bars to the pool, were first rate. Everything was immaculately presented, cleanliness a high priority, and attention to detail was evident everywhere.
We had a 1 bed apartment and took the breakfast and club lounge options, which we felt were excellent value for money - though Dubai is not a cheap place to go if you were in the market for a "budget" holiday ! Also included were access to the beach facilities at the Royal Meridian, a 5 minute shuttle bus ride away, and the standards there are just as high. The Royal is a more family orientated hotel, so our advice if you are looking for peace and quiet is to stay at the Grosvenor and use the beach facilities and extensive grounds as and when you wish.
As a quiet and low-profile high quality destination (some other hotels can appear very glitzy and OTT) for a relaxing break, we would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

1  Thank Bethpagejet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Grosvenor House experiences on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely delighted to hear that you and your wife had stayed with us to celebrate a very special occasion.

It is a pleasure to read from your comments that you were pleased with the apartment you had stayed in and found our club benefits to be good value for money.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to look after you on this very special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back.