“Nice, Comfortable and Clean”

Lavender Hotel Dubai
Ranked #264 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Bhopal, India
“Nice, Comfortable and Clean”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If I have to describe Lords Hotel in 3 words, I would put - Nice, Comfortable and Clean. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. I stayed on 4th floor for 3 days, AC in the room was good, Bed comfortable for the price paid and Bathroom clean.
Check-in / Check-out was smooth without any problems and it seems they had already blocked a room for us as we checked in late in the evening.
Though the swimming pool on the terrace is small but a nice place to relax. Breakfast has enough variety and acceptable taste. Service in the restaurant during Breakfast was also perfect, every one was properly taken care of.
However, Towels in Bathroom as well as swimming pools have lived their life and are worn out. One of the towels in Bathroom was a bit smelly too.
I am not sure whether I will stay again in this place when I visit Dubai next, but still nothing negative about this hotel.
Point to remember is that there is no bar in the hotel and liquor is not available in shops in Dubai. So if you want to drink some, better carry with you. ( I didn't and regretted later. I am not sure so check up yourself about legality of drinking inside your hotel room in Dubai).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank RajnishKhare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
houston
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have been staying at the Lords Hotel regularly for the last three years when I travel through Dubai on business. The staff is always accomodating and they go out of thier way to ensure I have what I need and/or want while I am there. Like stated in many other reviews, it is a 3star hotel and it could probably use some updates in the furnishings and food choices, but that is all. Everything else about this hotel is 4 or 5 star quality. I will continue to stay there as long as I am traveling to Dubai.

Room Tip: When I check in I never give up my passport, tell them they can make a copy of it but you will need...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank myissii
Valletta
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We were supposed to arrive at 2a.m. but unfortunalty we arrived at 6.am.due to a delay in our connection. The reservation desk employee looked to online reservation like it's something out of this world. Our room was quite big,clean and nice. We went to sleep immediatly only to be woken up again at around 8.am. when some of the staff tried to open the door and found the security lock. Breakfast is ok, nothing out of this world but I wasn't expecting big things. Taxis don't know this hotel. We went out and returned at around 7 p.m. only to see that our room wasn't serviced so I phoned them and soon after someone came to give us at least clean towels. they kept our passport for the whole 2 days. Pay a bit more and go to a 4 star plus hotel like we did after.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Unkn0wn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at Lords hotel for 6 nights, the staff were very friendly and always willing to help. Our room was very spacious and clean, for the price and 3 star rating the service provided by the staff was much more like 4/5 star. I would highly recommend this hotel especially if working to a budget but looking for a decent and safe place to stay.

Stayed July 2010
4 Thank AnitaS17
moscow
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This hotel was one of the best hotel i've ever been to. Clean, with good, polite staff, ready to help. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything was working in the rooms. The food in the restaurant varied every day. And it was tasty!!!) The location of the hotel was also very good, it was not far from the main shopping district Nasser square and at the same time the place was very quiet and rich. The transfer to the beach was very punctual. In one word it was excelent!!!! I advice everyone to go to Lords, you will not be disappointed!)))

• Stayed March 2010
5 Thank setare1986
Finland
Reviewed March 28, 2010

LORDS HOTEL has been my temporary "home" almost every time during my stay in Dubai.
It is therefore equitable to say that the staff at LORDS HOTEL have internalized the essence
of their duty.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank mini5man
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 3, 2010

The Lords hotel is probably ok for 1 or 2 nights but I would not want to spend there much longer. We had a two-nights stopover in Dubai and our main objective was to visit Burj Dubai/Khalifa observation deck – and we were lucky enough to get there.
Back to the review: on the plus side the room was very spacious and clean. There were quite loud party vibes in the street when we arrived late night Thursday, but the windows in our room were soundproof.
On the other hand the room looked very 1970s and the hotel was packed with noisy Russians. Swimming pool and sundeck terrace on the rooftop was quite small and not really welcoming.
Mediocre breakfast (selection-, taste- and service-wise) and indifferent staff did not improve our impression.
They asked our passports on arrival to keep them overnight for a police check but were reluctant to give us any proof that they took the passports. Eventually, they did, because we insisted. On the second day it was a real pain to get our passports back – we had to ask for it 3 times - different times of the day- until we got them back.
The area is also not really special, but taxis are cheap in Dubai and we also made a 5-10 minutes walk from to Dhow Wharfage and the Dubai Creek. From there it is about 20 min of nice walk along the water to the abra (watertaxi) stations.
Next time in Dubai I will look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed January 2010