“Nice property, very far location”

Courtyard Dubai, Green Community
Ranked #193 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As Marriott's Reward Members, we redeemed our points for 3 nights at this hotel. We arrived evening time and our room was upgraded to a suite which was lovely and well furnished. The hotel is connected to small mall where you can find whatever you need with very reasonable prices. The only problem we faced was the location which was extremely far away from Dubai's tourist attraction. The area is industrial and very rural. Next morning, we decided to leave and booked another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel unless you have a car and willing to drive for long distance
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
DXBCY, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dubai, Green Community, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Emeyg,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor ! Unfortunately our hotel didn’t meet your needs but we appreciate your time and effort to provide us with your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for the dubai 24 hours race for more than a week. Pleasant stay its a short drive to the circuit but the attractions of dubai are a bit further away. Hire cars are easy to get in the nearby shopping area as are affordable taxi's so getting there is easy. Service and staff are friendly the full breakfast is superb. Omelet, waffles everything.
Rooms are the mariott standard and kept clean everything worked fine no noise all fine for a good night sleep. Diner in hotel is good although euro priced nearby are plenty of choices in the shopping area which has a holiday area feeling. McD to Thai and Iraqi food so choice enough.
In the area is also a very nice and clean spa facility that comes recommended

Room Tip: we slept front view 2nd floor which was fine
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wilmick

Dear Wilmick,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our associates. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and also appreciate your time and efforts to provide us with your candid and detailed feedback on our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.

Asst. FOM

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 11 nights whilst working in Dubai. Location wise for work it was excellent as I was working in Jebel Ali. For seeing Dubai, it's out of the way.

The hotel itself is lovely, but it does have issues. First of is the lounge area at reception. It floods with water from the lagoon outside. Every morning when I went for breakfast at 0615, a poor guy was wet vacuuming the sodden carpet. EVERYDAY & every afternoon. The carpet is a mess, the walls are ruined by the water, and it smells of something, a scent used to mask the dampness. Also, it appears they are trying to control the water level of the lagoon, so everyday, there are a queue of tanker lorries pumping water out of the lagoon. The noise from the poolside area is horrendous due to the pumping being carried out.

Breakfast is a buffet affair, very well stocked, plenty of choice & the service was fabulous, very attentive staff always ready with a smile. The same could not be said for the evening staff & service in the same restaurant, (Pine Grill). 3 of us dining there one evening ordered steak & wine. 2 medium steaks, 1 well done. After 50 minutes had passed we asked where the steaks were, we kept getting told "5 minutes" by the most useless waiter I have ever come across. When they arrived an hour or so after being ordered, the well done steak had more blood oozing out of it than the mediums. It was sent back. As they originally took so long to arrive, my colleague asked how long it would take for another steak to be prepared, 5 minutes he was told, which was true as they simply microwaved it!!!! We did get a free coffee, glass of wine & desert, but the service was awful.

The Cacina Italian restaurant was good. Good selection, very attentive staff, great service.

There is a choice of restaurants & shops joined onto the hotel, including a supermarket.

Getting into Dubai is easy as there are taxis outside the hotel. However, the hotel will get you a private taxi of their choosing, even if you tell them you want a government taxi which is cheaper. Refuse the private taxi & they will get a government taxi for you.

I would stay here again if I had too, but would rather stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank nikety28

Dear Nikety28,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your time and feedback on our performance and will share your comments with our associates. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had in the PineGirll restaurant. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we may take corrective action to prevent further issues for any of our future guests. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed everything else during your stay with us and hope that we may be of service to you in the future should you return to Dubai.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is designed for relaxation. It is located in a green community away from Sheikh Zayed road. The hotel is located in the heart of a fantastic view of a lake. If you plan to relax with limited going out, then it is the right place. The rooms are spacious. Receptionists are very friendly. There is an access from the hotel to a small mall but you will find all what you need. The walk by the lake is really great and you can feel Europe style in the surrounding greenery. Complimentary internet access only in lounge area and in rooms for Gold members. There are many restaurants and cafes in the adjacent mall.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are recommended to enjoy the lake view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Masrawy87,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your time and effort to provide us with your detailed feedback and we will share your comments with our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel

Best Regarsd,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I’ve been staying at this property since 2009, and I have to say that each time I come back here it’s like coming home. The staff are always so friendly which include the front desk, the restaurants, the pool and gym as well as the housekeeping team.

You don’t expect to see a Courtyard Marriott in the middle of the Dubai Green Community (Investments Park), but it’s in there! Everything is at your doorstep, a mall with a decent grocery store as well as plenty of fast food style and a la carte restaurants is just a short walk downstairs.

The rooms are very clean and are stocked fairly well with all the amenities a traveller requires. Laundry and dry cleaning is prompt and not all that expensive.

The breakfast buffet has a pretty good spread on each morning and is reasonably priced.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the Mall of Emirates several times a day, so you are able to head downtown and get away from the Green Community at convenient times.

On my most recent stay I had to get to the new Al Maktoum Intl Airport for a conference, the location of this property was perfect to get to this airport, it was only a quick 15-20mins away depending on traffic.

If you are looking for a business traveller’s paradise then this is the property for you, its quiet and away from downtown Dubai, yet still close to everything.

Room Tip: Get an executive apartment for longer stays, these include your own kitchen and laundry.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VoyageReport

Dear Voyage Report,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in November 2012. I did something that I do not normally do. I booked a stay for three nights but left after the first night. I was traveling through Dubai and had a meeting in Abu Dhabi the day after my arrival. Staying in Jebel Ali seemed like a good spot in between Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

The first difficulty I had was actually finding the hotel. I rented a car and followed the directions given on the Marriott web site. Getting to the right exist is the easy part. Finding the hotel after getting off the main highway is a bit of a challenge. I eventually had to call the hotel and have them direct me while I was driving.

The hotel is in a very nice community with restaurants and shopping. The physical facility is quite nice with restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is also connected to a shopping center called "The Market." Finally, the hotel staff was friendly. All of this should have led to a nice stay, but it did not.

My trouble began the morning after my arrival. The breakfast buffet was OK but quite expensive for what is offered. When I went back to my room, the cable/satellite input to the TV was not working, and the internet was intermittently working. I could not conduct business with the internet not working. When I called the front desk to see if this was a hotel problem or something limited to my room, I was reconnected to Docomo, the internet service provider. They said that they could see no problem. I really felt like I was being given the run around. Nobody really wanted to address the problem or be honest about the nature of the problem. Since it was still morning, I had time to check on other hotels in the area. I found a better hotel at a similar price; so, I booked that hotel and checked out of the Courtyard. When I checked out, I told them about my problem with the TV and internet. They told me it was a hotel-wide problem. I wish they had been honest with me when I arrived.

It was not a terrible hotel. In fact, it has several things in its favor. Nevertheless, my experience was decidedly unsatisfactory. For this reason, I cannot recommend it to others. I come to Dubai often, and I cannot see myself ever staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Greg A

Dear A Greg,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your time and feedback on our performance and will share your comments with our associates. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had during your stay in our hotel .Thank you for brining to our attention the internet and TV issue.
I can confirm to you that this issue has been resolved as we are not getting any comments about internet.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recommend this hotel for all guests/visitors who have work in Jabel Ali free zone.This business hotel is closer to Jabel ali and serves all requirements of a business traveller.Rooms are specious with a good view and well maintained landscaping.Breakfast is also good ,however,they can improve on the breakfast spread.city attractions are around 30 min. drive from the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear ParthivMehta,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your time and effort to provide us with your feedback .We look forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel.