“I don't recommend this hôtel”

Emirates Concorde Hotel & Residence
Ranked #336 of 547 Hotels in Dubai
Antananarivo, Madagascar
“I don't recommend this hôtel”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm so shocked that ice cubes is 10 dirhams when you need to get it in your rooms. I've never seen this before. The Room service is not pleasant. I was shocked also that you have to deposit 300 dirhams for mini bar, if not they keep your passports until your departure. So if you go outside at Night, you need your passport!!!! It's non sense
The wifi is not easy to use and not free all the Time. Compare of the price you pay, you can find larger good hôtel than this one on this price.
The bed is strong not vert comfortable.
Sauna and gymnasium were fine.

Think twice to go there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Razafindranivohaja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were dumped here by Emirates and although I didnt expect much we were put in a 2 bedroom suite with old carpet, blood on one of the bathroom walls(fortunatly another one) no tea/coffee facilities ,bottled water or hairdryer.The reception staff were good to say so many of us arrived at the same time.I was so tired I couldnt be bothered to complian but be warned!!

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Holidayaddict75

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Hartley South Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our second stay in this hotel was again trouble free, pleasant, and supported by friendly staff. Location is good, fairly close to the airport and key locations in Dubai. Rooms were clean and spacious in the 3 bedroom suite we booked. Our team of 6 enjoyed our night and day there and our rooms were ready a little early which helped as our flight in arrived in early morning. We were able to book dinner on the Creek, and a tour, in the foyer desk. For the very reasonable price, this hotel will see us stay again.

Room Tip: Don't rely too much on the wifi speed. Ask for a room with a view to the Creek if you want that...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Billyo777
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was located in a good location (between old and modern part). Spacious room (Single Bed Suite) with nice interior design. There were some issues like bad TV quality and limited entertainment channels. Late check-in and check-out and nerve raking internet connection. It was free and high speed but hard to be connected. Lobby and Creek View Restaurant were satisfying. Rude reception but kind and supportive restaurant staff.

Room Tip: A bit seedy at nights... ! The rooms with Creek View (higher levels) are recommended...!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank iranianboy
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived 11th Jan 2013 in Dubai and found that the drive from the airport to the hotel was very fast. The check-in took about an hour as our room hadn't been made available yet. Once in the room, I found the furniture clean but dated. The bathroom was clean too but small. WiFi was not free. The reception is beautiful and the restaurants are lovely. The porters are friendly and the reception staff are friendly and helpful too. Breakfast (which was included in our hotel stay) was ok - I found that some of the food tasted a little bland. There are shops within the hotel and it is also very close to the City Centre Mall. There are always taxis available to take you anywhere too.
All in all, a good place to stay if you're on a budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angelique N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Emirates arranged for my husband and I to stay in this hotel after a delayed flight caused us to miss our connecting flight (thanks Emirate). I didn't have any high expectations of the hotel but did expect clean and friendly service. The hotel was about 10 mins from the airport and 15 mins from Dubai Mall. The building has potential however it looked like Christmas had vomited all over the place...extremely tacky! The rooms were ok for size, but it stank of staleness and dust. It looked clean but the bed sheets felt gritty inside (I slept fully clothed on top of the sheets). The bathroom was tiny and outdated. I had to wash down the sink and bath myself! As you can tell I spent as little time as possible in the 10 hours I was meant to be there. The only plus side to this place was the staff, they were very helpful and polite. Maybe if I wasn't so tired I would have asked the staff to sort out the issues and they would have sorted it out but the standard of the room wasn't up to standard and I would advise people to consider an alternative hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mish1984
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Pros:
- Rooms are BIG, like very Big. If you have a big family, this is the place for you.
- Underground Free Parking
- Free Wi Fi Internet. Although my Booking.com confiramtion said no Free Wi Fi, they gave us complimentary passwords.
- Its kind of big facility, with couple of restaurants at the Lobby, Money Exchange House, Few Shops etc. So in all a nice one stop shop kind of thing for Tourists.
- Roof top pool, Sauna and Gym were better than many other 3 Star facilities in this area.

Cons:
- The hotel is located close to a famous Red Light area in Dubai, hence while commuting nearby you will non family type personalities. We were just a couple with no elders and kids, so I was fine, but it may bother more conservative families.
- Due to being close to Red Light area, they must be often inspected by CID. Therefore they are paranoid about original passports. We were coming from within UAE, but another city, hence didnt carry our passports. They insisted on any kind of ID, which I had, but for my wife I have to go to my Internet account to pull her passport copy. They helped in this by providing internet access, but until this happended, they didnt allow us to checkin. Kind of rigid for a tourist city like Dubai.
- Reception staff though helpful, lacked smiles. They never smiled during our 3 days stay. They need more training.
- In room dining is very very expensive.

Tips:
If you dont have IDs for any of your family members, rather than creating a scene at reception, first you go to reception with your ID, check in and they just park your car at under ground and use basement lifts to go to your floor directly.You may call it sneaking in, but if its not on your conscious, its not wrong.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family