“Great for an over night stay between flights”

Emirates Concorde Hotel & Residence
Ranked #330 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Delfgauw, The Netherlands
“Great for an over night stay between flights”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a great hotel for a night stop. Its only about 5 minutes from the airport. Staff are very friendly and willing to help. Rooms are a good size and there is a also an nice pool but the pool is on the small side.
There is no Bar in this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stupot1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Havana, Cuba
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a long layover at DBX and i decided to stay at this hotel, booked through asiarooms.com and a good price was had. But everything is extra, like internet in the room is 15 dollars extra, the breakfast is 20 dollars extra. The staff gave the impression that they were uninterested in their work. But those of you wanting a nights rest in between flights, factoring in all the extra expenses it is still worth it.

Room Tip: I could see the city scape from my window.. i had room number 403 with a view of the Creek
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank aungkhant
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 15, 2012

It was very nice stay
We had very good time there. Staff and facilities were good and value for money it was.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank TejaKrishna R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Concord Hotel in May 2012. The staff were arguing with another customer at the desk on our arrival. The receptionist then asked to keep our passports at the desk to copy them and he would give them back to us later, we insisted on having them back straight away which he was unhappy with. We paid for the hotel in advance on the net and were asked for our credit card on arrival at the hotel for security reasons. I checked my bank on return and noticed that AU$40 had been charged to the credit card (we had not purchased anything from this hotel). I emailed the hotel and have yet to hear from them, who knows where my money is? If you want to keep your money, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Carol W

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Charismatic hotel in the Centre of Dubai. Relaxing place to stay, friendly helpful staff. Relaxing spacious comfortable foyer area where delicious homemade cakes and fresh coffee are served. We were there at New Year, we had a fantastic view of the Buri Khalifa (The world tallest building) there was the most magnificent firework display from there at midnight. A magical experience.

This isn't the most slick hotel in Dubai, but it has a lot of character, I enjoyed my stay there. Family friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Carolyn C
Dubai
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I believe there are some points in this hotel which just return back to the management. I arrived early morning in this hotel and asked if I may have early check-in but the guy at the reception told me that I should wait until 10:30 -11:00 a.m to see if there would be any room available. I asked if I could use internet at the lobby they told that it is not available until 9:30. However when I accepted to pay half rate the room suddenly become available. I was in this hotel many years before and at that time it was one of the best.Hotel is located in Deira area near to Subway station and shopping centers. The rooms seem badly needing refurbishment. There is a point in this hotel that the down floor rooms are bigger than the up-floors. Every room has a satellite receiver with 1,000 channels so nobody can complain. The break fast is very simple and repetitive each day and not for a 4 star hotel. There are two very good Iranian restaurant with live music and one coffee house I recommend. The valet parking is awful. Each time you should wait too much for the car to bring up from the parking. There is no program for room cleaning and the service is very slow in this hotel not like other four stars hotel in Dubai. The internet is not free and actually very expensive but the speed is like Dial-up. I did not have any problem with reception but they are not as gentle as the other hotels. I believe the management of hotel has left the labors to themselves and no principles. Just the guy in health club was polite and responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for down floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank citoyen-du-universe
Hagatna, Guam
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We checked in after a long flight from Manila via Beijing. The manager and staff were extremely courteous and helpful in collecting our bags and whisking us to our two bedroom, two bath serviced residence. They upgraded our reservation at no extra charge. The air conditioning was super cold (as we like) and the furnishings although spartan were comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included and we found the food and selection to be tasty and hearty. Everyone was friendly and quick to provide for all of our needs. Unmarried couples need be aware of local sensibilities as they are not allowed to share a room. The staff and management gave us helpful information regarding nearby shopping and transportation. We highly recommend and plan to stay here again when we return to Dubai in the fall.

Room Tip: higher for the view, but all rooms appear to be similar
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple