“Wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We are on our 5 th day of a 2 week holiday.staying in villa 12.The service is outstanding.the rooms are spotlessly clean and decorated to a very high standard.The bed and pillows are extremely comfortable.Happy hour is between 6-8 and all the drinks are free.your glass is topped up without having to ask and there are olives and nibbles.Last night we were looked after by Jean And mulu.There customer service is outstanding and made our evening very special and I'm looking forward to many more.Thank you Jean and mulu for your excellent service and hard work.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth S
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am grateful to you for spending your valuable time writing a review in Tripadvisor about your recent stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

I am pleased to know that you were able to appreciate the quality of the Happy Hour that we have in the resort. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to our colleagues Jean and Mulu. Your kind words of praise for the hospitality service they provided will be shared to the entire team, to keep them motivated and inspired to provide an outstanding customer service to all of our valued guests.

I hope that the lovely memories you had during your stay will entice you to return for another holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

Yours Sincerely,

Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (890)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Retford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel has everything anyone could wish for if you are looking for a luxury hotel. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel special. The villas are set amongst beautiful peaceful gardens but also in close proximity to the main Al Qasr Hotel.

Service is excellent - you have a Butler who will help make your holiday stress free - booking your restaurants, advising you of how to get about, ordering your buggy/abra etc. etc. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well equipped.

Great choice of restaurants - suitable for families, couples - from snacks to fine dining.

Very clean pool area and well planned out - hundreds of sunbeds but still plenty of space to relax.

There is a complimentary drinks service between 6-8 pm every evening in the villa served by your butler which you can enjoy either in the courtyard or in the cool of the villa - a lovely way to start the evening before dinner and a chance to meet the other guests in your villa

I truly believe that this is certainly the best hotel in Dubai and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All the villas are well located - I personally prefer a villa overlooking the waterway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 628Bob
Dear Guest,

Allow me to convey my gratitude, for the wonderfully detailed review about your experience in Dar Al Masyaf that you have taken the time from your schedule to share in TripAdvisor.

It pleased me when I read that you felt your holiday was made stress free by the services provided by our butler colleagues. I was delighted to observe that you were able to enjoy the Happy hours provided in the villas and that you were also able to experience the various restaurants that we have spread all throughout the resort.

Your kind appreciation of the beach area, waterways and the aesthetic beauty of the resort is highly appreciated. Suffice to say, the experience that you had is what we aim to provide for all of our valued guests, and it gives me and the entire team a sense of achievement that we received a positive feedback from you indicating that we were able to give you a memorable experience.

We will be looking forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Dar Al Masyaf Villas.

Best Regards,

york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed here and every time it gets better! Outstanding hotel on the best beach, the staff cannot do enough for you, especially Rini who has been amazing! Am currently still here and cannot wait to enjoy my last few days :-)

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank traveljunky!!!York
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read the review that you shared in TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Dar Al Masyaf. Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback.

I was delighted when I learned that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our facilities and service offered, especially with the assistance provided by Rini. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for our entire team to consistently maintain the high standards of service excellence which you are experiencing right now.

We will be looking forward to seeing you in Dar Al Masyaf once again for another fantastic holiday.

Best Regards,

Azar Saliba,
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2014 for 1 week. We booked a Arabian summer house villa on the summer flavours half board option. Firstly the hotel is beautiful and clean, it met all my expectations. The toddler (sinbads) pool was amazing for my son and he loved it there. The location is amazing with beautiful views.

BUT....the butler service is not a butler service it's more a concierge/reception person who you have to ask to get transport around the complex! Our 'butler' was never there when we needed to get a buggy to dinner/breakfast etc...and with a hungry toddler waiting was always very annoying! Our 'butler' was not the most helpful or friendly either. When we asked a question we would get a one word answer or a nodd!! We asked for some more water and we never got any! Very annoying! They did not turn our room down every night, some days we had to ask for new towels as our room hadn't been turned down. Based on other reviews we was disappointed with the butler service!

Breakfast in the main hotel was always busy and they would send us the the horrible dark Spanish resturant next door where you would have to walk ages to get breakfast and the service was somewhat lacking, we asked for a teaspoon and a coffee and we never got one!

I would visit this hotel again but wouldn't be in a hurry and would maybe go try another hotel first!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank The_Bearz
Dear Guest,

Kindly allow me to say thank you for taking the time to share in TripAdvisor your genuine feedback about your recent visit to Dar Al Masyaf. We indeed value the comments we receive from our guests because it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our facilities and the services we provide.

Our team strives to deliver only the best service to our guests and I was most concerned to read that on this occasion, you felt we have not met your expectations. Please allow me to stress that we take all our guest feedbacks seriously for these are the cornerstone of our success.

I have also spoken to my team about your experience pertaining to the Dining Venue and the Butler Services. While your overall experiences during your stay are certainly not representative of the high levels we offer, I kindly request you to treat them as isolated cases. I also most certainly hope that these regrettable events will not deter you from visiting us once again.

BS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

As a family we have been visiting Dubai every year for the past 9 years and there is no better place to stay than at the Dar Al Masyaf. We have just returned from a weeks stay in Villa 13, which is an idyllic position, overlooking the waterways and the Pad Thai. We were travelling with another family, so Ankit (Assistant Guest Services Manager) kindly arranged adjoining rooms. You receive the most impeccable service from every member of staff, from arrival until departure. Staying in one of the Summer houses means you have your own Butler, who is attentive at all times, who will arrange your every need. Even though we have been coming every year, there were a few boxes yet to tick, one of them was the Mina A' Salam Friday Brunch. I must say the experience was magnificent and great value for money. During our stay we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, which I mentioned, but only the once during our communication. We returned to our rooms on the day and there was the most fantastic cake waiting for us, together with flowers. It is these finer details that make all the difference.

We were staying on the voucher scheme, where you are given a choice of restaurants to eat, we were not disappointed with any of our choices. Staying in the Summerhouses you also have your own pool, which was always nice to go back to before getting ready for the evening drinks served to you by your own butler.

Our children come here every year and in their own words "its like coming home" just like us they enjoy everything about Madinat Jumeirah and no doubt we will be booking our next trip very soon.

I would like to thank Ankit and all his marvellous staff for making our stay once again, one to remember.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PeterTheAreaManger
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you first and foremost, for your unwavering loyalty to Dar Al Masyaf, it is through valued guests such as you that we continue to succeed in the hospitality business, secondly, kindly accept my gratitude for the wonderful review that you have taken the time to share in TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind efforts in acknowledging so many positive elements of your holiday, and for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues from the Butler Service, especially Ankit and his team. Indeed we pride ourselves in our colleagues’ dedication to ensuring all our valued guests are made to feel comfortable in their second home in Dubai.

May the memories you have of your stays in Dar Al Masyaf continue to entice you to return for more splendid holidays.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in Dar al Masyaf last October with my family for Russian holiday. Butler service were great and very helpful. Resort and facilities are out of imagination. Restaurants and bar are very good and food is very tasty. Look forwards to come to my ocean villas :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Irik21
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your holiday stay in Dar Al Masyaf last October with your family.

Your kind praises for the entire resort, its facilities and most especially the Butler Service provided by the colleagues is highly appreciated.

On behalf of the entire Dar Al Masyaf team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Well I usually write a little review upon my return to the Uk but as it's just so good on every level... Why wait....thanks especially to Marta who has a superb team working so hard for her. Everyone I've met said how lovely she was and it's true, we got to say hello last night during "happy hour".

Firstly back in Villa 2 (very grateful as my favourite) and always seems to have amazing team of butlers. As it's our 7/8th time here now we have been very lucky to meet so many great staff over the years from Lalith from our 1st stay to Prianka (Team Leader) who's level of customer care is beyond outstanding. We hope she stays here forever as it wouldn't be the same without her. Happy hour bubbles and nibbles start your evening off at 6pm, this year served by Ashis (highly recommended) also thanks to Chatu our daytime butler. There are so many staff that help make lasting memories, sadly not enough space to write each name but I know whoever is reading this will thoroughly enjoy a stay here. Already looking forward to our September stay #lovineveryminute

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank missshalou
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your kind efforts in acknowledging so many positive elements of your holiday, and for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues from the Butler Service, especially Marta and her team. Indeed we pride ourselves in our colleagues’ dedication to ensuring all our valued guests are made to feel comfortable in their second home in Dubai.