Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Jumeirah Beach Hotel(Dubai)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
4,242 results
All reviewsbutler servicesummer housesprivate poolarabian summerhousevilla roompat thaibuggy driverssummer flavourswild wadihalf boardprivate butlergolf buggyvilla beachmain poolnoodle housewhole complexrestaurant reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We booked our 6night trip through Emirates, we have never been to the middle East before so were a bit apprehensive. I have been dreaming of going to this hotel ever since I first came across it in a travel brochure. We don't usually stay in such luxury!
Our journey out was hassle free and we found Emirates airlines to be a cut above the rest. We decided on the 10am flight as neither of us like night flying. On arrival even before passport control we were met and given a map and told where to go. We had a private transfer to our hotel.
From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We were given delicious fresh green apple juice and cold flannels, very refreshing. Our luggage was whisked away and we were taken on a buggy through the grounds to our villa where we were checked in by Carolina. We discovered that we had been upgraded to an gulf summer house ocean view in villa 2. It was amazing. Carolina was so helpful and I mentioned to her that I like to drink quite a lot of water each day. She was back in a flash with 6 bottles and said she would make sure we were left plenty each day.
It was getting late by then so we headed out to eat, everywhere was lit up and so pretty. It felt like up market Disney in a way, we realised then that it was going to be an amazing place and live up to our dreams.
The nearest breakfast restuarants were Khaymat al Baha and Al Muna, we tried both but much preffered Al Muna as we loved the outside terrace and the view of the Abras and waterway, it was also much quieter and the food was fabulous not to mention the wonderful staff. We also tried Arboretum once but found it a bit busy.
In the evenings we ate at Pai Thai once, we went ther by abra which was magical and the food was lovely but we weren't sure it warranted the cover charge. We had an equally good meal in Al Hambra. Both times we sat outside to eat. We couldn't help returning to our beloved Al Muna the rest of the time, the food is beautifully presented and the views at night.....well the Burg will put on a special light show just for you!!!
Everywhere is immaculate with beautiful gardens and waterways, everywhere you look there is another fantastic view. The beach is stunning and the Staff and life guards all very helpful. We did see some jellyfish and I was a little worried but the life guard assured me that they were harmless by picking one up and putting it back in the sea. Within a few days I was also rescuing the odd stranded jellyfish.
On some evenings we went to the amphitheatre and watched a very good solo guitar player/singer. It was a very nice atmosphere, you could buy drinks and some people were smoking sheesha pipes.
There is also a souk on site with lots of shops, even a pharmacy!
We used the abras whenever we could as it was lovely to just take in the views and get the breeze on your face in the day time.
We only left the resort once. We got a taxi (about £6+tip) to the Dubai Mall, we explored and then went outside to see the Burj al Khalifa and area. Then we went back indoors to the book store on level three next to the VIrgin Megastore where they are happy for you to just have a drink and sit on there fantastic terrace and watch the fountain show. We watched four, one every half hour until the sun set.
We have had the most amazing time, you must try this place. We would love to come back and maybe go up the Burj for tea next time. Even when we were leaving they still looked after us right up to the last minute, bringing us drinks as we sat with our luggage in reception.
We flew home on an A380 and was one of the best flights we have had. Emirates entertainment system is brilliant and passed the time easily.
Thank you everyone at the MAdinat resort for making our stay so specila. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 2 downstairs looking out on the beach which was fantastic but the whole resort looked amazing so wouldn't think you would be sissapointed wherever you were staying.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Susanne B
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to convey my gratitude, for the wonderfully detailed review about your experience in Dar Al Masyaf that you have taken the time from your schedule to share in TripAdvisor, and also for choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Dubai.

It pleased me when I read that you felt you were treated like royalty when you arrived, due to the service provided by our colleagues, from the airport up to the resort, your arrival experience seems to have gone perfectly. Furthermore, I observed that you were able to dine in the various restaurants that we have all over the restaurant, and you even experience riding the Abra one of the unique signatures of our resort.

Your kind appreciation of the beach area, waterways and the aesthetic beauty of the resort is highly appreciated. Suffice to say, the experience that you had is what we aim to provide for all of our valued guests, and it gives me and the entire team a sense of achievement that we received a positive feedback from you indicating that we were able to give you a memorable experience, especially since it is your first time in Dubai.

We fervently hope that the memories of your outstanding holiday with us will encourage you to visit us once again in the not so distant future.

We will be looking forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Dar Al Masyaf Villas.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Been to DAM on many occasions - only place to stay in Dubai if you are after the perfect beach holiday. This visit was slightly different in that went with a very large family group over the Easter period. The entire group's requirements were fulfilled. All staff are highly professional and the DAM managers do their utmost to cater for any special requests guests have.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MM S

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the glowing review that you have shared in TripAdvisor about your holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

It is good to know that you and your entire family enjoyed the time they spent in Dar Al Masyaf, and that our team was able to address all the requirements of your group. I have conveyed to our colleagues your kind words about their performance, to keep them inspired in providing to all of our other guests the same high level of service excellence that you have experience during your stay with us.

May the wonderful memories you had during your visit entice you and your family to return for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was a surprise a holiday booked by my partner, all i can say i was in heaven from when i got there until i left, Thank you,The food is so exquisite. The place is so so so clean and bed so comfy ......cant wait to return .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank angiel17
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to convey my appreciation for the short but definitely glowing review that you have written on TripAdvisor about your stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

I am pleased to know that we were able to make your partners surprise holiday for you a memorable experience.

We will be looking forward to seeing you once again in Dar Al Masyaf.

Al Qasr and Dar Al Masyaf

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and amizing stay .. it is my only stay preference in dubai .. good for single couples and family. . Food varieties are also a plus. .. I have meet a butler Mohammed from Egypt. . He made my stay even more enjoyable .. deserve to be tried..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ashraf A

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the review that you shared in TripAdvisor regarding you and your friends stay in Dar Al Masyaf.

I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of the hotel facilities and the services provided. Your kind words towards our colleague Mohammed is highly appreciated and will be communicated to him, to encourage him to continue providing the same level of guest experience that he provided for you.

I hope that the nice memories you created in Dar Al Masyaf will entice you to return for another holiday in the not so distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The villas are great but I preferred the decor in Mina A'Salam although having your own butler service in the villas was very useful.

I would definitely stay again but would make sure to leave time to get a buggy or agra to get around the resort as around busy times you may have to wait 10 mins.

The staff were excellent and the food throughout the whole resort was great. There is a great selection of bars and restaurants from casual to up market, you could spend the whole holiday on the resort and be happy

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MSN87

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for the detailed review that you have shared in TripAdvisor about your recent holiday in Dar Al Masyaf.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your holiday, and for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues in Butler Service. Indeed we pride ourselves in our colleagues’ dedication to ensuring all our valued guests are made to feel comfortable in their second home in Dubai.

I would also like to extend my sincerest thanks for your praises for the various restaurants that we have all throughout the resort. I have also taken into consideration your comment about the buggy and abra services, rest assured we will take this opportunity to improve the service

I will be looking forward to another chance to welcome you back to the resort for another wonderful vacation.

Warmest Regards,