“Dreams are made of this!!”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #5 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have just returned from Dar Al Masyaf after 22 heavenly nights! What can I say that has not already been said. This place is heaven on earth.

All of the staff are amazing but special thanks goes to Kelvin & Simon the butlers at villa 13 and also to Dinesh from housekeeping. Nothing was ever too much trouble for any of them and they are always smiling and happy to help.

I would also like to mention Prashant (DAM General Manager). We quite often saw him around the villas and around the hotel making sure everyone was happy and offering his tips on the restaurants/bars etc. He has an amazing memory, on meeting him for the second time, he knew exactly who we were and which villa we were staying in even though he had met us at a friends villa previously.

We loved the little touches like ice lollies on the beach, the beach guys going around with a cold spray to keep everyone cool, turn down service treats like bubble bath, key rings, animal towels, choccies.

There are so many different places you can go to relax during the day including the Al Qasr Pool/Beach, The Mina Salam Pool/Beach, The Jumeirah Beach Hotel Pool, or if you fancy a quiet day, the villa pool is very peaceful. However if you want some action Wild Wadi is where it's at!!

We stayed on the summer flavours option which was fantastic. All of the restarurants within the Madinat complex are first class, and as we stayed for 22 nights we ate in a different restaurant every night (diet starts now!!).

The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the largest, it is huge, I wanted to take it home with me!! The bathroom is enormous, it's another room in itself.

This was only our 2nd visit and definitely not the last - I don't think anything can ever match up to the service, luxury, amenities and attention to detail and staff at these villas. If you're umming and ahhing about this place don't bother, just book it, you will certainly not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for room numbers 1 or 2 in any villa, they seem to be the largest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jafuller
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to Madinat Jumeirah and I trust you thoroughly enjoyed your family holiday. I am very pleased that it read that it included two visits to our Resort. It is very nice that you found our standards consistently high.

Your kind recognition of our colleagues is greatly appreciated and very warmly received. I take much pleasure in recognizing our team members for their genuine care and attention towards ensuring your stay is exceptional in every way. I am very pleased to learn that this was the case for you and shall be extending your comments to Prashant, Kevin, Simon and our team Pool Services team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah for your third visit in the very near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Looking closely at this beautifull property it has something special to share from every single angle , great service , fantastic details, ambiance was also very special, i had the best treatment ever at Talise Spa in Madinat we will definately return .

Room Tip: Dar Al Masyaf is an Oasis of relaxation withing the waterways of Madinat Jumeirah.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chane S

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Dar Al Masyaf. I am very pleased to learn that your stay was unforgettable and that you will be returning to us again.
Thank you for also recognizing our Talise Spa treatments and I am delighted that you had a fantastic and relaxing time with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming your return to Dar Al Masyaf.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have never written a review before but felt it a must on this occasion. I booked a cheeky week away with my husband and shipped my small children off to the grand parents in August and headed for DAM for 7 nights.

We had visited another hotel in Dubai 8 years ago and were extremely disappointed with the amount of construction work going on which basically ruined our holiday and had put us off from returning. Decided to give it another go after comparing prices during August with European destinations and realising it was actually cheaper!

We therefore went not really expecting too much and were blown away with the place. Villa's are lovely, set around pretty water ways with quiet shared pools. Beach was deserted when we went every afternoon and weather was totally bearable. We had the half board dine around option which was brilliant and enabled us to eat out at other hotels within the group (inc Burj).

But what really sets this place apart from the competition is the staff. There is a 24 hour butler within every villa that takes care of everything, even down to pouring drinks during the complementary 2 hour 'drinks included' slot every evening. I have never been anywhere in the world and had 'bubbles' delivered to my room when getting ready in the evening, all at no extra cost. Every evening one of the management team came into the villa reception to chat and make sure everything was 'ok'... how could it not be!!!!

All in all we had a fantastic time and have booked to take our children back next year, think that is recommendation enough. Go and enjoy the place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly G

Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for choosing Dar Al Masyaf above the many options available in Dubai. It is very pleasing to read how much you enjoy your time with us. Thank you for acknowledging our commitment to our high standards – I know our Butler colleagues are equally delighted to read of your glowing feedback.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf during your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first holiday in twelve years and was recommended to us by our travel agent who herself has been seven times. we had never even considered dubai as a holiday destination, how wrong we were. The employees genuinely care that you are enjoying yourself and are really proud of the hotel they work in, this is reflected in the very low turnover in staff and the cleanliness of the whole complex. Twice during evening happy hour we had a visit from the guest service manager 'Prashant' who wanted to make sure everything was perfect, he had bothered to stop later so as to recieve any complaints from his guests, he never got any..
We had a couple of worries when booking this holiday as it was our first for a long time. Firsly the morning fight for a sunbed, you will never need to do this, there are hundereds of sunbeds both by many pools or on the beach.
Secondly the food, my wife is a chef and can have quite high standards, but as with everything else at this hotel you will not be able to find fault. We dined at two buffet restaurants for the majority of our stay not for volume but the choice and quality.
As with every other guest we spoke to we will not be making this a one off holiday, we will be going back year after year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuart j

Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation for positive feedback during your first stay with us.

Indeed, we do pride ourselves on our fabulous team of colleagues who is equally grateful for your warm acknowledgement of our efforts to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for making Dar Al Masyaf your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

What can i say about Dar Al Musaf. It is an amazing and outstanding villas. We visit each year and stay in the gulf summerhouse. This year we where up graded to a ocean suite villa 5. The rooms was spacious with two seperate areas, two toilets, 2 balconys and fare sized bathroom.
Antonia our butler was lovely. Did anything for you and always welcomed us with a smile. Just 2 days before we where flying Antonia was moved to villa 6 but he came to visit us on our last night we where quite humbled.
I totally give it out to all the staff at Dar Al Musaf and all workers for jumeriah. Thank you for your lovely service and warm welcome. We will always recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Aug22

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read of your enjoyable holiday with us at Dar Al Masyaf. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comments concerning Antonia is very pleasing and I am grateful for your kind remarks and the opportunity to personally recognize their outstanding level of customer service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family have stayed in the best hotels in the world, however we call Dar Al Masyaf are second home, we always keep coming back as this is truly the Best! From the moment you are greeted when you arrive to the time you unfortunately have to return, every thing is perfect as always. We always stay at Villa 7 which is our perfect location, with great views of the sea and the Burj Al Arab. The rooms are excellent and our every need is catered for no matter what ever time of day it is by any one of the many helpful butlers. The variety of food is simply amazing in the resort with so many wonderful restaurants to choose from MJ's Steakhouse being our favourite, the steak is the best I have eaten any where in the world and the decor and service is great. The managers, butlers and all the staff are great and always make you feel welcome and always willing to accommodate your every wish! There is so much for the kids to do and so many pools to choose from, and not to mention the added bonus of entry into Wild Wadi water park. The beach is excellent with attendants and life guards stationed every where.
The kids club is great with very kind and helpful staff and a lot of activities are planned throughout the day, for different age groups, which is also listed in the Daily Program leaflet which is left in the room every evening at the turn down service. Every thing to the last detail is carefully thought of, naturally something you would expect of a hotel of this calibre, however without great staff you do not have a great hotel, and this has every thing.
All I can say that once you have stayed at any of the Villa's at Dar Al Masyaf, you will definitely not want to stay any where else. Since it was our 20th Wedding Anniversary, the stay was even more special and I thank everyone especially Krissy and Lokesh for making it truly wonderful!!!..everyone went out of the way to make it a memorable experience not forgetting Ankit and Ajith. We will be definitely returning when ever we can, hopefully in December as the New Year at the hotel is absolutely out of this world and of course next summer!

Room Tip: All the villa's are great, and the rooms are all the same exceptional quality, most villa's...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts. I am very pleased to read that your most recent experience with us exceeded your expectations and that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of these special occasions. Thank you for recognizing the sincerity of our colleagues in ensuring your holiday was thoroughly enjoyable; it is certainly with great pleasure that we were able to do so.

On behalf of the Dar Al Masyaf team, we look forward to welcoming you once again to our resort during the festive season.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My Wife and I had the pleasure of staying here last November and I can only say it is the finest hotel I have ever had the pleasure of inhabiting.
From the arrival in Dubai we were greeted with style, charm and sophistication.
The check in process is simply efficent and perfect, the room an inspiring Arabian villa and the the hotel complex a total thrill.
The boat ride through the canals was charming, the golf carts for scooting you around when needed , was super and the level of attention just awesome.
I own a hotel so understand this industry completely and i can not say how well accomplished the Dar Al Maysaf actually is.
Go and endulge yourself!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read of your enjoyable holiday with us at Dar Al Masyaf. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Your comments concerning your arrival and check in experience and the hotel facilities are very pleasing and I am grateful for your kind remarks and the opportunity to personally recognize this as well.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and, in acknowledgment of your industry experience, I sincerely appreciate your fellowship in recommending our Resort.

Yours sincerely,