“Better than expected”

Ranked #3 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Preston, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ever gone on holiday and thought, I hope it will be alright, well that's how I felt about the Dar al Maysaf. We said when we returned to Dubai we would stay here, it was for our anniversary and I wanted everything to be perfect. From the airport we took the house car what a great start to the holiday, on arrival we were escorted straight to our villa and checked in. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful I could not believe it. At our villa we were greeted by our butler who checked us in with minimum fuss.
On our first night we were treated to an impromptu tour on the abra, this took us all around the waterways and helped us get our bearings. Our butler Samson advised us on the restaurants and booked them for us, we were not disappointed with any of his selections. The only one we booked before we arrived was Shimmers for our anniversary, it was beautiful looking over the sea at sunset with the Burj al Arab in the background the staff made it a special night with a great table and a personalised sweet for us. The food was excellent.
As people have said before the beaches were great, very clean and plenty of attentive lifeguards. The service on the beach you could not fault, drinks and food brought to your loungers.
Happy hour at the villa was good it was nice to meet others and swap stories and tips about the resort and Dubai.
If you have the chance to go then you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms seem well soundproofed ours backed on to the waterway so there was no one walking past. Th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lancsprop1
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dar Al Masyaf celebrate your anniversary. I am very pleased to read that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of these special occasions. Thank you for recognizing the sincerity of our colleagues in ensuring your holiday was thoroughly enjoyable; it is certainly with great pleasure that we were able to do so.

I sincerely appreciate your recommending our Resort on TripAdvisor and am delighted that you will return to stay with us when visiting Dubai again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start.......This is a perfect holiday expensive but worth every penny. My husband and I stayed at the DAM for 8 nights in Villa 8 room 5 from the 1st of June to the 9th of June. From the moment you enter the resort you are treated like royalty all the staff are friendly and reliable. The rooms are cleaned daily to a very high standard the food at the resort is excellent you cant fault anything at all.Happy hour was excellent. The use of buggies, Abras free beach towels cold towels and unlimited ice were great little touches of hospitality. The Only small hitch was when we arrived our room was not ready at check in time as the hotel was full to capacity but even though I would not mark down the hotel for this......Thank you Dar al Masaf we are already planning our next visit, to prospective guests please go for the half board option . Credit to the management team and a special mention to Caroline our Butler who went over and above her call of duty to make sure our stay was flawless Sanjeewa our first Abra driver who made us Welcome and we had a good laugh.If you want a perfect holiday don't look beyond the Dar al Masaf

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank v805
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for the glowing review that you have taken the time to share in TripAdvisor.

Your kind comments regarding the resorts environment, aesthetic beauty, restaurants and most specially the high standard of service provided by our colleagues specially Caroline, Sanjeewa and the rest of the Butler Team fills the imagination of our future guests with good impression, for this we will be forever grateful.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Dar Al Masyaf Villas.

Al Qasr Hotel and Dar Al Masyaf Villas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Where do I start.......This is a perfect holiday expensive but worth every penny. My husband and I stayed at the DAM for 8 nights in Villa 8 from the 1st of June to the 9th of June. From the moment you enter the resort you are treated like royalty all the staff are friendly and reliable. The rooms are cleaned daily to a very high standard the food at the resort is excellent you cant fault anything at all.Happy hour was excellent. The use of buggies, Abras free beech towels cold towels and unlimited ice were great little touches of hospitality. The Only small hitch was when we arrived our room was not ready at check in time as the hotel was full to capacity but even though I would not mark down the hotel for this......Thank you Dar al Masaf we are already planning our next visit, to prospective guests please go for the half board option . Credit to the management team and a special mention to Caroline our Butler who went over and above her call of duty to make sure our stay was flawless Sanjeewa our first Abra driver who made us Welcome and we had a good laugh.If you want a perfect holiday don't look beyond the Dar al Masaf

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank v805
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We were really happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the excellent service received from Caroline and Sanjeewa
I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is set along artificial canals which are all illuminated at night. You go along these canals with an abra as you get to your villa. The villas have a reception for a total of 9 rooms with a butler service, and a courtyard with an arabian fountain and palm trees to enjoy the complimentary drinks and nibbles in the evening before dinner.
As we were on our honeymoon we got upgraded to the Suite of the villa. We were on our honeymoon and booked an ocean view villa, which was extremely noisy and you could see people walking around from your balcony.. after coming from the Constance Lemuria and the Domaine de l'Orangerie in the Seychelles it was a bit of a shock so we got this suite with 3 balconies facing the very quiet canals.

Conclusion: on the negative side, the hotel was (literally) fully packed with noisy kids everywhere, but I even on my honeymoon I would have still stayed here. Restaurants are amazing always with views of the towers and canals.. and when not then first row view of the Burj Al Arab!! The hotel is extremely clean including the beach and with plentiful of details everywhere.. I liked it even after staying at the Royal Meridien at the Marina (Spa there is fabulous).
Dar al Masyaf: highly recommended!!

Room Tip: If you don't mind noisy kids and views of people walking along the paths near to the beach, book...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lucy D
Dear Guest

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I am very pleased you chose Dar Al Masyaf to celebrate your honeymoon and that you enjoyed our efforts to help you celebrate such a special occasion.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for taking the detailing your holiday experience with us We look forward to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf iin the near future.

Liverpool, England
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed in 12 different hotels in Dubai, including Grosvenor House and Atlantis - this one tops the lot.

I was booked in to an Arabian Summer House and arrived at the stunning Al Qasr lobby, 'guarded' by the stunning Arabian stallion statues for check in. Encouraged to relax awith a welcome drink - I was told the manager would be over to see me with a 'surprise'. We were upgraded to the Malakiya Villas - the premium accomodation in an already luxurious resort.

Escorted to the villas, we travelled by Abra through the canal system that meanders the resort - whihc covers Al Qasr, Mina a Salam, Burj al Arab and Jumeriah Beach. The Malakiya Villas are in a secluded corner with central courtyeard - an oasis of peace and tranquility, yet steps away to a hidden entrance to Souk Madinat. Our butler, Zayed, checked us in quickly and effortlessle - the first experience of the A1 serice we were to exeprience all week.

The 2 bed villa was stunning - jacuzzi baths ion both ensuites, 2 robes (one heavy towelling, one light weight cotton) per person, coffee machine, laptop, I can't begin to list all the amenities. Spacious, luxurious, it was a delight. The outside area had a private pool, loungers and a covered area for drinks and entertaining. Villa 4 was everything you coudl have wished for.

You travel around the resort by Abra or golf buggy - one request to the butler and your trasnportation is available immediately. At the Malakiya villas you have your own private abra station per villa - amazing, just steps away from yoru front door. Please ask the guys to give you a tour round the comlex by Abra and by buggy - you really get a feel for the scale of the place, see where you might want to go back and visit and a chance for some respite from the midday sun !

We were on the half board package - you can eat at any one of 40 different restaurants across this resort and other Jumeirah hotels. Your choice of starter, main, side and dessert from the a la carte menu offers tremendous value. The quality of the food was fantastic - my personal favourite was Shimmers on the Beach with the back drop of the Burj at sunset, and Jambase Supper Club for a fun Friday evening. Also ate at Pai Thai, Segreto and Al Hambra - all delicious with great service.

Service on the beach and by the pool is also brilliant. Ice lolly to cool off ? cucumber slices for the eyes ? ice cold towel ? Why not ??

I would be writing pages to describe how fantastic this hotel is - but don't read the reviews, just make a booking and get here as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed. I will be coming back - my worry is how will other places compare ?

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the resort, let alone this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jo_Fitz_Liv
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay Dar Al Masyaf and trip to Dubai. I am delighted to read just how much you enjoyed your holiday and our Hotel features among the most wonderful hotels you have stayed in.

Thank you for acknowledging our transport facilities, half board offers, pool and beach complimentary refreshments and our Villa amenities. it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to ensure you will want to return.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Dar Al Masyaf in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is by far the best in terms of service, cleanliness, activities and class. I would recomend the Gulf summerhouse rooms, they are very close to the beach and very very spacious. The hotel food is fantastic and plenty of choices. The souk madinat is also very very nice to visit in the evenings. Dar al masyaf consists of villas with approx 12 rooms. Your own butler is always there on hand to arrange everything for you. You get privacy and does not feel as though you are in a hotel. A special thanks to Mr Tariq Skim who always looks after us from the moment we book our holiday. A true gentleman and always smiling, all our requests have always been met on all our stays.i have tried other hotels in dubai but this is my favourite. My kids love the Sinbads kids club and the ice lollies which are complimentary at certain times during the course of the day!! All staff are very attentive and friendly. Your room is always clean, whenever you return after a few hours u can expect a clean room! I would recommend anyone looking for relaxing break in dubai to book a gulf summerhouse room here, you will not be disappointed..the arabian deluxe rooms are also nice however they are further away from the beach...Villa 4 is where you want to stay!!!

• Stayed May 2013
10 Thank Arifp84
Dear Guest

Your kind words will not only motivate Tariq, but inspire the entire team at Madinat Jumeirah to continue providing the best service experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah

Yours sincerely

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I won't be able to find a fault with this hotel. Came here with my family, and we were treated so well from the moment we got there. The service in the villa was great, and calling an abra or making reservations for a restaurant couldn't be done more easily. The staff all around the hotel are great, and nothing is too much trouble. The choice of food, swimming pools, beach...all magnificent. You will not regret booking here, and it will be one of the best holidays you have been on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank dartwp
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with the service and facilities at the property. All your kind comments with regards to your arrival experience, Butler services, ool & beach area facility and in particularly with regards to our colleagues are highly appreciated.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort