“After being here nowhere else will do!!!!”

Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #3 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“After being here nowhere else will do!!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in June after spending previous 5 visits at JBH! After that knew there was no better place to go!
Returned for Christmas and was glad to see that we were correct in our assumptions.

Stayed in Villa 15 (previously Villa 7) which was the ideal location for the hotel, beach and souk but also the benefit of a nice quite corner.

We previously stayed in a Gulf room but the Arabian room we stayed in this time was just as good. You expect high standards from Jumeriah but still they manage to overwhelm. Even the nice touch of a Christmas Stocking of goodies left in your room on Christmas Eve is something other hotel chains could learn from. I could list numerous other nice touchs but this review would turn into war and peace!

Excellent restaurants as usual but I have left reviews on this site.

Special mention to the team in the villa, particular the butlers Danzung, Yeshuvi & Monaliza who made the experience even more special. It was also good to see our butler, Sudath, from our visit in June.

Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank CTS66
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, as well for your continuous support towards Jumeirah.

I am delighted to learn that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and services. Your gracious comments regarding our butler colleagues, Danzung, Yeshuvi, Monaliza and Sudath are very much appreciated. I have shared your comment with them and they are equally delighted to learn about your review.

Once again, thank you for your positive ratings and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Anne-Marie Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a delightful 6 nights just before Christmas. It was absolutely fantastic, the staff who were helping me check (my husband had already arrived as he had been working in Dubai) lent me a wheelchair for my stay as I do have mobility difficulties. The butlers went above and beyond to help us and to anticipate our every need before it became apparent. The restaurant selection was amazing especially Pierchic at the end of the pier astoundingly beautiful views- unfortunately we ran out of days before we had eaten at them all. The buggies and the abras (small boats)to transport us to every amenity were superb. I am already saving to return next December.

Room Tip: We had a Gulf King Ocean view - ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank willywoo27
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah among the many options available in Dubai.

Thank you for your complementary feedback regarding our butler team and the Pierchic restaurant, it is the team’ focus and on going efforts to have our guest leave the resort with great memories of their holiday.

I am also delighted to read that you are looking forward to return, as we all certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the resort.

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Firstly, my family and I had a lovely time at the resort and its obviously a 5 star resort.

Secondly, I booked through Best@travel - WON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

The key word from the first sentence is resort. The Dar al Masyaf is not a hotel, but a collection of different (very nice) clusters of rooms set within the Madinat Jumeirah. This becomes obvious when asking a taxi driver to take us to the DAM, as he couldn't find it until he asked someone who directed us to the AL Qusa.

We had some issues checking in and to be honest the hotel made a dogs dinner of the reservation (and request) for interconnecting rooms. Rather than the whole story, I will just say that the Management the next day responded well and made up for a poor situation, but rightly so!

Our Villa number 3 was excellent and we walked out of the room on to the beach. The rooms are traditional luxury and spacious. I liked the free wireless and water in the room.

What makes the DAM so special is the Happy Hour between 6-8 where drinks are served in an air conditioned lounge or courtyard. This saved us a fortune as my incredibly thirsty wife (she was at the time!) would allow me to ply her with LOTS of Cava/Processco and nibbles before going to dinner.

Where the DAM is an acquired taste is that once outside your Villa cluster you are then in queues with the other 800 people for restaurants, drinks etc. To some, the variety is brilliant; to others I can see that they would want an expensive 5 star hotel to feel a little more exclusive and less crowed. For them I would recommend the One & Only Royal Mirage or the One & Only on the Palm for deeper pockets.

As we were away as a family, the DAM suited all of us and we would thoroughly recommend.

Enjoy, its worth a visit, but I would recommend upgrading your room, as some are quite far back from the see.

Email me if you have any questions.

W

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Wg284
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following on your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah.

When it comes to choosing a hotel for your holiday, I realize that there are many options to select from within Dubai. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Dar Al Masyaf. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the services from our team exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah, in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, I remain

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Arabian Summer Houses for one night with my wife and two daughters (aged 4 and 7). The start was brilliant with a grand and warm reception and the front desk upgraded us to a suite which happened to be the largest in our villa. The butler service was perfect and most of our needs were served in a reasonable time. Other staff around the resort was very helpful and the beach was better than most other Dubai resorts. The bed and pillows were superb to say the least and there was really nice rustic touch to room which we thought was really nice. Bathtub was really good sized and the salts supplied by the resort really came in handy for a soothing bath.

Now comes the disappointing part, food food food......we started with a late lunch at the Khaima by the pool....we ordered sandwiches and some other light snack which at best were a pass and we ate a little bit after loading everything up with ketchup and mustard. The butler told us that Pierchic and the Thai restaurant are the favourite for dinner. Following this we rushed back to the resort to order a private dinner on our terrace and hoping some warm and delicious food with some candle lights. We called private dinning and the person on phone was clueless about the thai menu and promised to send one, after waiting for almost half hour i called and was told to wait for it. 15 mins later someone called me to inform that the Thai restaurant is busy and will not serve food in our villa, great after 45 mins!!!!!!! Then we asked what are our other options and were recommended a Chinese restaurant. It took another 20 mins to get the menu and finally we ordered and the food arrived in another 30-40 mins. By the time we started to eat the food was already cold as no arrangements were made to keep it warm as we finished the starters. The food again below average and cold temperature did not help either. I would expect some really romantic and special arrangements as i would generally experience in a Banyan Tree or other 5 star resorts....the should start calling it room service so people are clear in their expectations.

Nonetheless, i will stay again for a variety of reasons and surely will eat at the nearby Madinat Souk......

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Sajix
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf, Madinat Jumeirah. Your feedback will certainly assist us in our commitment of service and product excellence.

Allow me to firstly apologise for the shortfalls from our Private Dining team which fell below Jumeirah standards. Please be assured that I have shared this with the concerned department head to relook at these matter to avoid the same from reoccurring in the future.

On a more positive side, I thank you for your comments with regards to your arrival process and also the service provided by our butler team, which I have shared with the team who were equally delighted to receive your feedback.

Once again, sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your short stay, I am glad that it has not deterred you from returning. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the very near future.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A delayed review as I was not regularly reporting when we stayed here but felt now that I had to join the choras of praise for this hotel. Part of the Madinat Jumeirah complex situated on the beach. One of, if not, the best hotels in which we have stayed. Spent one night only catching up with family transiting Dubai and occupied two rooms in a courtyard villa. Comfort, cleanliness and service second to none. Great meals after a canal trip in an abra, to the adjoining Al Qasr restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AussieJohn101
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and it is never too late for us to hear from our guests.

I am very pleased to read that you and your family had a memorable stay with us at Dar Al Masyaf. We pride ourselves in delivering a unique arabian experience for all our guests, and I am therefore delighted to learn that we were successful in achieving this for you and your family.

Once again, I appreciate you recommending our hotel and I do hope we will have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you and your family back again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We visited in 2011 July. Absolutely fantastic place! I could say so many good things about this place if time permitted.
- Would definitely recommend to anybody!
- Well worth the money!
- You get your own personal butler and buggy to the beach!
- Fantastic standards
- Amazing location.

Will definitely go again! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ManchesterGuy31
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Dar Al Masyaf last year.

I am delighted to learn that both of you enjoyed your summer vacation and thoroughly enjoyed the service and facilities offered within the property. All your comments with regards to the butler service, buggy and the fantastic location of the resort are highly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and recommending our resort. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We loved this hotel. I don't know where to start. We were taken by buggy to our villa and checked-in inside our room. Nice looking suite upstairs with a balcony and looking over the waterways. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was massive. Everything was in Arabian style and tasteful. The butlers were all very friendly and helpful, each night they would prepare complimentary drinks and nibbles before dinner. It was such a nice touch. I found getting around the complex very easy, you have 3 options - water, buggy or walk. The first two are arranged by the butlers and the distances to walk aren't that far, the only times we didn't walk was during the middle of the day or home from dinner. Each villa complex has a private pool allocated to it which is great if you've got kids. We opted for the main pools though and beach. Dar Al Masyaf is a great resort and I am looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: If you can choose an upstairs room with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank peteonholiday
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest

I am very delighted to learn of your review and would like to thank you for taking the time to post this on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements during your recent stay at Dar Al Masyaf, your feedback will certainly motivate our team to continue on providing the best of service and product with a focus to exceed our guest expectations.

I am aware that there are many options available when you come to Dubai. We thank you choosing Madinat Jumeirah among the many available in Dubai and for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah, hopefully in the near future.