3,848 results
All reviews premium leisure club madinat jumeirah wild wadi golf buggies talise spa pat thai ice lollies arabic style half board afternoon tea hotel complex our honeymoon cold towels kids club restaurants and bars amazing hotel water park
Reviewed January 24, 2007

We stayed at the Al Qasr for the first time last March. We had previously stayed three times at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Without doubt, this hotel is by the far best hotel we have ever stayed in.
We chose rooms in the premium leisure section which was fantastic. With a separate place to have breakfast, afternoon tea, pre-dinner canapes and "happy 2 hours" every night, what more could we have wished for. The premium leisure staff were fantastic, nothing was ever too much trouble for them, they knew our names and got to know us every day.
From the moment we arrived, we were ushered to the premium leisure check-in, sat down and handed glasses of champagne (out of happy our too).
If we had wanted to do the hotel "on the cheap" we could have actually had the afternoon tea and pre-dinner canapes alone, instead of having dinners out, there was that much choice. The canapes consisted of a buffet of hot and cold food, which changed nightly.
Our rooms were fantastic, with huge balconies and large bathrooms. On arrival our bathroom was covered in lit candles. We had fruit, water, chocolates and other boxes of goodies delivered daily.
We sat by the pool most days, lunching in the souk or one of the restaurants by the pool. I am amazed when I read the other reviews that people have bad comments, hence my reason for adding a review so late on after visiting Al Qasr. The staff seemed extremely friendly and very genuine.
We really were treated like royalty. On one occasion my husband and I were walking along a path where there was dirty water flowing from a path that was being cleaned. A security guard stopped us from walking over the dirty water, hailed over a buggy and got the buggy driver to drive us over the dirty water so as not to dirty our feet!
The restaurants are likewise fantastic. We ate at Segreto, Paithai, Pierchic, Zeng He's, Meat Co, Napa and the fish restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach. They were all fantastic and no complaints whatsoever. On previous visits we had eaten at both restaurants in the Burj and were slightly disappointed. The restaurants at the Madinat are far more relaxed and enjoyable.
All in all, Al Qasr is the best hotel we have ever stayed in, so much so we are going back there this March, we have our restaurants all booked and cannot wait
Jo

Stayed: March 2006
16  Thank JoKent
Reviewed January 7, 2007

As we had our teenage children there were 4 of us so we booked a Chrysler van pick up from the airport via the hotel which worked well and was reasonably priced. The check in couldn't have been easier -we were taken to our rooms and completed the paperwork there with no delay whatsoever.
Our 2 rooms were of very good quality with all of the facilities we needed .We had breakfast every day in the hotel in the Arboretum where there was a huge choice from English breakfast to Sushi.
We spent most of our days just lounging by the pool area where the staff were very helpful and there was no difficulty finding loungers. Previous reviews have commented on the over supply of lifeguards and it was quite amusing with a lifeguard every 20 feet around the pool-you almost felt that if you took a poor stroke they would dive in to assist!
We ate at the lebanese restaurant in the Souk which was good. My major criticism is the nightmare of getting a restuarant reservation in the hotel (or booking anything else). We eventualy ate at the Wharf (a little ordinary )and at Pierchic (which was very good). However this was after numerous attempts to book both 24 and 48 hours ahead to be told that we should have booked a week ahead when we were still in London. It took a complaint to the head Concierge to get us in to the restaurants. In the case of the Wharf i simply can't understand why we were originally told it was full as there were at least 5 spare tables all the time we were there. We wanted to go to the Meat Co but the only way of doing it-as all tables were booked was to take the risk as a walk in but we preferred the certainty of a reservation and gave up.
My wife did want to try the spa but again were told that nothing was available at any time 2 days ahead and that most guests were return bookers who had the foresight to make their reservations some weeks ahead.
The most amazing thing was the sheer dominance of the Russian guests-at least 80% of those present seemed to be Russian-of course i have no objection to that it's just quite noticeable.
We went to the gold souk -as everyone says the traffic is a nightmare taking almost an hour to get there at 7pm. That night we ate at the revolving restauant in the Hyatt Regency which gives some exceptional views of the Creek area-and the traffic jams below! It has a fixed price buffet which had a huge choice.
One interesting experience whilst my wife shopped in the Mall of the Emirates (prices higher than in London) was to try the attached ski run-I think it's 400 metres long and is a good way to spend an hour and get out of the shopping experience !

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
12  Thank KSlondon
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I was surprised by my boyfriend with a 5 day break to Dubai in August 2006. I had no idea where i was staying, what area and especially what hotel. We pulled up at this striking hotel and it just takes you in. Staff treat you like royalty when you arrive, and check in is like no other hotel ever. Even after that, you never have to look for more than 2 seconds to find a memeber of staff that is more than willing to help you out. The decor was all Arabian themed (as this is something my boyfriend wanted) and it was breathtaking, completely astounding. Even more amazing when you go outside is your method of transport around the complex - boats (or Abra's) around a man made lagoon that spans the entire hotel with water sucked in and recycled straight from the sea. Add to this the most amazing rooms / bathrooms, private beautiful beach. Service to match no other hotel i have ever been in. An even more magical holiday as i got proposed to and have already decided that i will be going back to Dubai and to the Al Qasr for part of my honeymoon. This was a trip of a lifetime and i will never forget it. Thank you to the staff of the Al Qasr for making this trip amazing, and i know my fiance is very grateful for all their help in arranging the night he proposed. Can't wait to return in 2008!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank LadyK1982
Reviewed December 5, 2006

The Al Qasr was the first hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon and we think that it is the best hotel that we have ever stayed in, in the world.

When we arrived at the hotel we were given refreshing fragrant towels to freshen up with, then we were given orange juice with mint in to hydrate us, and finally we were given dates which were delicious. We were then taken through to check-in and given our room which was a few hours earlier than the stated check in time but not an issue at all.

The room was simply fantastic! In terms of cleanliness I just cannot fault it, it is the cleanest hotel I have ever been to. As we were honeymooners, we received flowers, chocholates, champagne, fruit, pastries etc and there were rose petals and swans made out of the towels on the bed...so much thought and attention had gone into our welcome.

We stayed here for 5 heavenly days which went far too quickly. Most days we sat by the pool, which was fantastic in itself. One day I had cucumber slices brought to me to put on my eyes, on another day we were brought fruit kababs. And on most days we were brought cold refreshing towels and complimentary still water.

We tried out the spa a couple of times. All the staff in the spa are courtious and helpful. We had massages and I had a manicure, both of which were amazing. Before the treatments, we used the separate relaxation areas where you are provided with a gown, slippers, towels etc.

In terms of restaurants you are spoilt for choice, 42 in all I believe. We tried as many as we could, and they were all lovely, but the one that really sticks out was the Napa restaurant which is part of the main hotel (not in the Souk). The Japango cafe is also good for sushi, but you could not charge to the room here for some reason so we had to go and get some cash from the ATM.

The best way to get around the resort is by an Abra boat. We never tipped the drivers once (nobody seemed to wait around for a tip) and they were so friendly, giving us information about the hotel all the time and even a tour of the hotel on our first day. On another day we had another tour around the resort on a golf buggy and again the member of staff was really friendly. They even drove us all the way back from the Burj Al Arab one day after we had had a morning drink there...it was easy to access with our room key as it is part of the same chain of hotel and well worth a visit to (especially the bar on the top floor, the views are spectacular). Also, the views of the Burj are lovely day and night from the Al Qasr.

We also took advantage of their complimentary bus service to and from both the shopping mall and to the gold souk. They were always on time and very clean.

We never met an unfriendly or unhelpful member of staff our whole stay. They could not do enough for us. Even to the point that one evening we came back to the room and a candle was lit by the bath for us. All of our needs were taken care of and we felt like we could have requested anything at all and it was not too much trouble.

I would very much recommend this hotel to anybody and we are definately going to have a second visit here in the near future. We had a look inside the other hotel in the resort the Mina' al Salam but it did not look as polished as the Al Qasr. This is a five star hotel and each of the five stars are very much deserved. Well worth a stay in if you are visiting Dubai.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22  Thank Mobile802699
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Had to complain about something everyday. Some examples: Had to wait over 1hr for a childs meal for our baby on the beach. Offered a broken dangerous child seat in the resurant on two occasions. The cleaner gave us a hard luck story about how little he gets paid, and relies on tips, and when we ignored his hints for a tip he failed to clean the room. My wife on several occasions had to ask 3 times for a cup of tea at breakfast. On occasion the service was so bad it was funny, and we have never had to complain at a 5 star hotel before. Have had several strong recomendations from frieds who have stayed here, so can only conclude that experience staff, have been transfered to other hotels etc.
The Hotel is very beautiful and the facilities are very good but it was completely ruined by the worst service I can remember. I will stick to One and Only or Le Meridian chain in future.

Stayed: November 2006