Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Jumeirah Al Naseem(Dubai)
Jumeirah Beach Hotel(Dubai)
3,584 results
All reviewsmadinat jumeirahpremium leisure clubwild waditalise spapat thaigolf buggiesarabic styleice lollieshotel complexhalf boardafternoon teaour honeymooncold towelskids clubrestaurants and barsamazing hotelpure luxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Part of the sprawling Madinat Jumeirah resort, this is one of several hotels in the complex, complete with good portions of faux ancient Arabic / eastern architecture, ostentatious gleaming golden horse statuettes and fountains on the approach, marble walkways, arches, and plenty of detail … a well-produced delight for those who thrive in simulated environments.
The service is top class – right from the moment you walk through the door to the moment you leave – everyone is very obliging, helpful and informed. They tread that fine line between efficiency and obsequiousness with tailored precision.
My room was large and spacious, yet also felt quite cozy which I liked and felt really comfortable.
The dark wood furniture and trappings were borderline garish in some cases and not my taste and other elements of the décor I found a little drab and dreary, but as an overall space, I was happy to be there for my five days / nights – and I even unpacked! ( I’m also sure that many would love it)
The room had a nice balcony overlooking one of the many tributaries of the network of man-made waterways running around the complex
The bathroom was large and efficient – the bath took about 30 seconds to fill and there was also a separate shower room plus all the toiletries and accessories that you could imagine.
The minibar fridge was stuffed with a massive variety of drinks and the snacks larder was similar - rammed with really yummy nibbles and multiples of everything. You’d not go hungry here!
The bed was large and comfortable, nice linen and pillows, they did a turn-down service after which chocolates and little tubes of night moisturizer appeared, and I slept extremely well.
Had my schedule been less hectic, I would have felt a bit pampered which is the idea, but the concept was somewhat lost on me – all I used the room for was working (primarily) and sleeping (a bit!) – I did not even have time to turn on the TV!
The desk could have been larger! The WIFI was free and in the rooms, it worked really well most of the time with the odd flaky moment, but generally it was really good.
As you would expect in a property of the caliber at which they are pitching … the housekeeping was impeccable.
Room Service – which I tried on the first night - was efficient and nicely served, but the food itself (grilled vegetable club sandwich) was somewhat underwhelming.!
There’s a large pool with restaurants, bars and shops around both sides of it which is really popular and right adjacent to the beach. This would have been a great place to be in the office for a day, but the WIFI signal here was so weak it was unworkable. Still a good place for meetings though … and people watching! The service poolside was also spot-on and very friendly, and the buffet selection at the Khaymat Al Bayhar restaurant was fabulous for a self-service lunch.
The beach is meticulously maintained and packed with pagodas in neat rows in close proximity to one another, making it claustrophobic and densely overcrowded … definitely not my scene, but I know some people who would love it!
Shimmers restaurant right on the beachfront and with a commanding view of the near-iconic Burj Al Arab hotel was another great choice for a buffet lunch – although I always find the excess of food in these set ups a little disconcerting – but this is a personal thing, and no detriment to the hotel which stages these grand buffet spreads with imagination and aplomb.
There’s a superbly organized pool of buggies zipping around the hotel, its associated villas and the rest of the resort and facilities – around 60 at any one time I believe. All you have to do it rock up at the buggy station and if there’s not one waiting, they will call one up. You can flag these down anywhere on the pathways, and again, if that specific buggy can’t actually pick you up, they will radio and get one over within a couple of minutes! Excellent!
The Koubbar on the third floor is a great place for meeting and drinking and the terrace café near reception is also a excellent to chill and do some work and guzzle some classy coffee. ( the WIFI here is better than at the pool!)
I’d stay there again for sure if I wanted to chill out for a couple of days in a resort environment, or if I was passing through Dubai and wanted to keep my head down for a couple of days!
You will be well looked after and whatever you need, the Al Qasr will try and make it happen.
I also think it’s a fantastic choice for families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne Louise S
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank you for spending your valuable time to write a detailed review in Tripadvisor pertaining to your stay in Al Qasr Hotel.

It is with great pleasure that I read through your review and noted that you were able to appreciate the high standard of service excellence that our colleagues are providing throughout the resort. Our team will take into serious consideration your specific comments about the offerings for the food and beverage, I am thankful that you have highlighted this to us. Your positive observation about the buggy service will be passed on to the concerned department who I believe will take it as an inspiration for the team to continue improving their performance.

We will be hoping that you will get a chance to return to Al Qasr Hotel in the near future.

Al Qasr Hotel and Dar Al Masyaf Villas

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited Al Qasr for Friday brunch on a friend's recommendation. The amazing array of food is breathtaking - every cuisine you could dream of is there, fresh, bright, delicious and plentiful. The service is wonderful with very helpful staff. Do plan ahead though - there's really no need to have breakfast beforehand. We opted for the brunch with alcohol which was 575 dirhams, without alcohol is 475 dirhams. An extremely enjoyable location so we'd recommend to anyone. You must book in advance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AKL90

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review that you have written in Tripadvisor regarding the brunch in Al Qasr.

It seems that you enjoyed the Al Qasr Brunch tremendously; this is the kind of experience that we aim to share with our guests. Your accurate comment about the various food and beverages offered during the brunch is highly appreciated. We will be looking forward to seeing you once again during the Al Qasr brunch.

Al Qasr Hotel and Dar Al Masyaf Villas

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Location, grounds, staff, customer service, room and beach are absolutely amazing and are quite hard to beat. However my issues with the hotel are price, trust and inconsistency in offers to guests.

Price - it is ridiculously priced there, £30 for breakfast, £18 for a pizza at lunch, £4 for a coke and around £6 for a coffee. Which is unbelievable considering you pay so much to stay there anyway. I reckon they should heavily discount food and beverage for guests.

Trust - most hotels trust their guests to some extent and i expect a place like this too aswell. first thing that happened when we arrived was we were asked to make a ridiculously large deposit, i cant remember the amount exactly but it was a lot and i wasnt willing to pay it as hadnt been told about it previously. The guy on reception wasnt pleased when i said this and got a bit moody and the first thing he did when we got to the room was empty our mini bar. Pretty Petty!!!!!!! if i am going to spend £4000 on a holiday i am not going to steal a mars bar!!

Inconsistency in deals - we went with some friends on the same dates and we booked around the same time. When they booked through virgin they got halfboard for free and paid £200 less, we booked through Expedia and didnt get this option. Now not sure who is to blame travel agent or hotel but i contacted Al Qasr to discuss this and get us half board and they were very inflexible. Flexiblity is a key part of customer service and i was really suprised they couldnt do anything as i know this hotel prides itself on great customer serivce. When i got there i raised it again and they were just as inflexible, all i wanted was breakfast include (not half board) but they wouldnt even do this. They want me to pay £60 a day for 7 days to eat breakfast which i wasnt prepared to do.

I would still recommend peoeple go to this hotel as you wont be disappointed. try and get a sea view suite as they are amazing. Interior doesnt change but the view certainly does.

Also try and get a better deal than i did! :)

Oh the Wild Wadi waterpark is rubbish and actually dangerous, we saw a man being stretched out of the water at the bottom of a slide, but still went on the ride. When we were on it, we understood exactly why he was on a stretcher. Go to the one at Atlantis instead.

Room Tip: get a sea view suite check my photos
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oneza
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just come back from a weeks stay and met every expectation. Hotel was impressive with great rooms serviced every day and night. Buffet had great choice only service in hotel for drinks a little slow but that was all I could fault it. The ambra boat service was great to get you to all the other restaurants outside the hotel and the buggy karts were a must to get you to the wild wadi water park, great for kids although hard to get a sun bed there and food limited to the norm junk food. The view of the burj is amazing and afternoon tea there is a must although a little pricey but worth every penny to be waited on and see the fab decor. Beach was clean and sandy towels supplied and the pool was great as always someone to find you sunbeds and put them where you want and service is a push button on your brolly fabulous. Desert safari is a must although be prepared to feel a lil sick as my 6 year old felt but the drivers are very good and will stop when you want. Overall an excellent hotel nothing is too much trouble and I found that you really don't have to dress that formally in most restaurants. Abigail from the Philippines was lovely and kept me and my husband in beer and wine in the lobby bar. Defo going back next year highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to say thank you for the review you have written on tripadvisor about the amazing experience you had during your stay in Al Qasr Hotel.

I am pleased to know that you were able to try the abra when you visited the restaurants within the resort. Your comment about the service for the hotel drinks have been taken into account, rest assured I will see through this and will find ways to improve this service. I am sure our colleagues in the beach area especially Abigail from the lobby area will be happy when I convey your nice words for the service that they have provided.

We will hold you to your promise and will anticipate your return next year, for another memorable experience in Al Qasr Hotel.

Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf

Reviewed February 25, 2014

It was incredible stay in Al Qasr with the warm atmosphere and great service. Staff are without doubt. Especially Lounges Happy hour made us more than happy. The surprize from the hotel to my wife's birthday was one of the best in her life.

Room Tip: Try Lounge Package.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksmith651207

Dear Guest,

Kindly accept my gratitude for your short but glowing comment about Al Qasr hotel in tripadvisor.

It gives me and my team great pleasure to know that we were able to contribute to making your wife’s birthday a memorable one, and that you had a nice experience in the hotels lounges.

We will be looking forward to seeing you once again, perhaps for your own birthday this time.

Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf