New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #10 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Seattle, Washington
“Great location, great service, a stunning hotel but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Context: 2 night layover on the way to a vacation in Africa

Pros: Beautiful and spacious grounds, fantastic pool, traditional arabian style architecture made it seem special, good breakfasts, on a really nice beach.

Cons: reservation special request ignored - I asked for a room on a high floor with a good view but requested was not honored, reserved/paid for a view room but was not a good view since it was half blocked by the rest of the building. Not that big of a deal except that I feel I overpaid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scott29inSeattle
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this feedback that you took the time to provide regarding your most recent stay with us in Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the property and experience during your stopover in Dubai on the way to Africa. Your note about a requested room has been taken into consideration and is being reviewed with the team to ensure we are able to meet and exceed your expectations for the next visit, if given this opportunity!

Hotel Manager, Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've given Al Qasr Hotel glowing reviews on two other occasions, the most recent being in February this year and my family and I have just returned from yet another amazing trip there! It remains to be my favourite hotel and one I will return to again and again, hopefully sooner, rather than later!

To be honest, my husband and I had been thinking of going somewhere else just for our pre-Christmas trip this year (although we would return here next year), as since we first visited this hotel about 5 years ago, we haven't been able to bring ourselves to go anywhere else - we thought perhaps we should have a change and try out the Caribbean again! However, as soon as we arrived on this gorgeous Jumeirah property, we scrapped thinking about Jamaica as we were instantly reminded of all the reasons why we keep returning (amazing service and friendly staff, lifeguards on pools and beach, delicious food with a huge variety of restaurants, on site doctor, beautiful resort, wonderful spa...), so we will once again return to this luxury resort - the simple reason being that it has everything we want and more - so it doesn't make sense to go anywhere else and be disappointed when we arrive!

We were also fortunate on this trip to meet the 'Resort General Manager', Ms. Margaret Paul and we appreciate her taking time in what must be a very hectic schedule, to see us personally. Thank you Margaret!

I don't need to write much more about this hotel in general, as I've already said it in my February review, but one reason I have chosen to write this is because I only mentioned Sinbad's Kids Club briefly last time, but I was so impressed with them, that I thought they deserved a bigger write up. I also need to mention a few people who went the extra mile to make our stay more special, as too often people complain and those who do a great job go without a mention!

Before the trip, I was in contact with Lucy, the manager of Sinbad's. I was able to organise and book babysitting before we left home and I was able to select the member of staff I wished for, as I have known her for the last three years of visiting with my little boy. Lucy did everything to accommodate our requests and it was nice to know everything was organised for our stay, although there has never been any problems with organising a sitter once you arrive and all of them are great. They use the staff members who work at Sinbad's and are trained and comfortable working with children. Lucy was also thoughtful enough to write to me at the end of our visit to check that all had been ok, as she had been on leave whilst we were there.

My little man is 3 years old and a bit of a Mummy's boy ;) It even took him quite a while to settle at his pre-school. He knew some of the staff from Sinbad's from our previous visits, but we have always stayed with him there. This time, the staff encouraged us to leave him and have some time to ourselves. I have to say, they did a brilliant job with him, making sure they entertained him to stop him from missing us. When we peeped through the window to check on him, he was always being involved in an activity or a staff member was playing with him individually. He was happy every time when we went to collect him and often he just carried on playing! It was lovely to see :)

The kids club area is also the best I have seen anywhere! The inside area is bright and airy, with plenty to do from babies to older children. Activities are also organised throughout the day, such as face painting, mask making, balloon shaping, turtle feeding on site and a variety of other creative activities. The outside pool area is just fantastic, plenty big enough with lots of water sprays, a water slide and fully lifeguarded. Our little man absolutely loved it in there.

So, a BIG thank you to each and every one of the staff at Sinbad's: Mickey, Bryan, Jamel, Kima, Saskia, Victoria, Rezeda, Elmer, Evgeniya, Larisa, Alisa, Irina and Jennefer :) Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Also a BIG thank you to Chamara Indika, one of the beach lifeguards who also makes a huge effort with Zac and takes the time to talk to him (and us as well, of course). All of the lifeguards were fantastic though and we actually did see one in action at the Al Qasr pool!

We also really enjoyed our evening meal at Pai Thai and Beth looked after us superbly once again, as did the rest of the staff. It's a lovely, romantic restaurant with a very pretty location and a relaxed atmosphere.

We also tried out the Italian restaurant Segretto again, having only being there once a long time ago. It was really brilliant! The food was totally delicious and the staff were more than happy to make changes to the menu to accommodate our tastes. The servers were also very attentive and made it a very enjoyable evening. We had a lovely table where we could see the waterway and it is a restaurant we are looking forward to going back to on our next visit.

I would also like to take the time to mention Khaymet al Bahar, which was one of the two options for breakfast at Al Qasr. It has lovely views from the tables of the pool and/or the beach. We were given amazing service there once again. Thank you to Darren, Charlie and the entire team at Khaymet for taking care of our every need and bringing extra things that we like, without us even having to ask! That's what I call going the extra mile and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks also to Lei Lei and Christine for welcoming us with a smile every morning, Chefs Joseph for cooking our eggs perfectly and Chef Inder as well - and also every server there, as they all dealt with us at some point.

Khaymet al Bahar also opens in the evening and serves traditional food. Chef Rashid and the team cooked up a gorgeous meal for us and the view out to the pool lit up for the night is very relaxing. It can get overlooked as it is away from the other restaurants, but it is worth a visit.

If you give this hotel a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as we have - but be warned, you might never want to go anywhere else ;) despite staying at Al Qasr so many times, we are still not bored of this place and I don't think we ever will be. We'll still be visiting when we're old and grey! I think our little boy will be the same, as he as asked every day since we got back if he can go to Dubai again and this is the only place he knows there. He obviously has Mummy's good taste ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicky909
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for such a glowing feedback and detailing your holiday experience with us from start to finish. It was indeed very pleasing to read how much you and your family enjoyed your holiday break with us and that we have always exceeded your expectations in all levels of our service, hospitality and overall facilities and Food and Beverage offerings. Your kind words towards our few mentioned colleagues namely Mickey, Bryan, Jamel, Kima, Saskia, Victoria, Rezeda, Elmer, Evgeniya, Larisa, Alisa, Irina and Jennefer from Sinbads team, Chamara Indika and Zac from the Pool services, Segreto team, Darren, Charlie, Lai Lai, Christine and to Chef Joseph, Inder and Rashid from Khaymat Al Bahar are well received and appreciated.

On behalf of the entire Al Qasr team and our Resort General Manager, Margaret Paul, thank you very much and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I went there for our wedding anniversary.
We had a great time and could fault nothing however overall the food and drinks are just too over prices compared to what you pay almost anywhere else in Dubai.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Broosey
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Al Qasr Hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary, I am delighted to read that you had a grear time and our colleagues were able to deliver an expectional service throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Dubai.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I decided to chose Al Qasr to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary. And oh yes, it was not good but rather the best choice. Me & my husband was pleased with the entire experience, the food, the service, the ambiance etc. And because of the experience we had, we planned to come back on the holiday season :) along with our friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Bless J
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Al Qasr Hotel to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversary and for your sharing your holiday experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read how much you services within the resort. It is our pleasure to be part of such wonderful occasion and create a memorable experience to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and along with your friends back to Al Qasr in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed at jumeriah beach hotel for many years but due to renovation decided to try Al Qasr and it was first class service, so much so that were already organising to return next summer. We chose the half board option which is outstanding value for money, with plenty of beautiful restaurants to choose from. Furthermore having the use of jumeriah beach and mina Salam hotels restaurants is a bonus. The staff are so genuinely friendly and nothing too much trouble. Everything was smoothly run from our check in to check out and would most definitely recommend anyone looking to travel to Al Qasr won't be disappointed. Only downside is that we have got to wait 12 months now to return !!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Gustraveller
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this positive feedback from your most recent stay in Al Qasr! It is pleasure to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much and we look forward to welcoming you back next year (if not before then)!

Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having just returned from the Al Qasr Hotel we had the most wonderful stay with our disabled son and family.The staff around the pool including the lifeguards,Glen Cody, Rochelle,Martin,Kapila,Rodrigo, Sameera, Vikash,Yakoob,and Llewellyn all made our stay so much better by taking great care of our son in the pool,for which we are very grateful.
Helen and Julie on the front desk looked after us like Kings andQueens.
Rory in the buffet restaurant made our eating experience the best we have had in Dubai,in the 16 years we have been coming.
It was our first stay in the Al Qasr and we cannot wait to return.
All the best to you all Mr and Mrs John Martin.

Room Tip: Just stay in a Jumeirah Hotel can't go wrong in any type of room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 880Georgia
Dear Mr & Mrs. Martin (and family),

Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback for the Al Qasr team! I am thrilled to hear your experience was such a positive one, and will ensure all of the colleagues which you mentioned, are recognized for their efforts. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Hotel Manager- Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having stayed at this resort on a number of occasions it has never failed to drop a ball in anyway, there is one problem, if you stay here you'll never want to stay anywhere else in the world ever again. Even if you were to stay for 2 weeks and eat in a different restaurant each and every night you could only cover 30% of the restaurants, and that's just in the resort let alone the rest of Dubai.
So much choice of restaurants, pools, gyms, entertainment, the list goes on and on.
A special thank you to koobar and his team at Waterfont for the amazing hospitality, personal service and great food, also to Waseem at the gym and Spa At Mina a Salam who is the best personal trainer I have ever met, with great knowledge and experience in his field, really friendly and would genuinely do anything for you. Be proud to have these guys on your team!!!!

Room Tip: 354 had a nice view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gavin q
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such a memorable and fantastic holiday break with us and were able to provide an exceptional service, particularly Waseem from the Talise Gym and our sister property restaurant Waterfront.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to our resort in the near future.