“Amazing”

Ranked #11 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Malton, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was about 9 when I went to this hotel and first impressions where amazing the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing the hotel is beautifully built and one of the best ones I have stayed in,
When were in Dubai one night my mum and dad booked a meal in the burj al rab and we stay back at the hotel so since we where 9 the hotel even got a babysitter for us which she was very nice and kind to us, in the day time they have a small water park on site for kids so on a day time we would go there but to get around the huge hotel you had to get on a docked mini boat I thought this was a fantastic and fun experience, on a night we would got to the hotel buffet in the restrant wich I enjoyed very much in there you will find a wide selection of food which tastes fantastic we went half board to this hotel and found that this was not really that pricey and the drinks costed nothing so overall this is a wonderful hotel that I would highly recommend to anyone especially family's

Room Tip: The higher floors have less a/c unit noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank langford10r
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday stay with us in Al Qasr with your family.

We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed in a suite. Large and reasonably priced for the room. Given that it Ramadan the hotel was very quiet. This was actually welcomed after a busy holiday. The service and facilities are top notch. We had the Arabian buffet. This was recommended as a must have and we recommend as well. Wild wadi park was accessible by the hotels driven buggy. If your after a few days to kick back this is the place. The recreated Souk was also a good spot. Don't forget to haggle.

Room Tip: The suites are very generous and easily fit two adults and a fold out bed with luggage and room to m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ben T
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read of your fantastic holiday and you found our offers and service a good value for money. Your kind recommendation of our buffet restaurants are highly appreciated and your glowing feedback of our facilities, souk areas and our buggy services.

We look forward to welcoming you back In the future

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a two day stopover on our flight from LHR to Melbourne. This is an amazing hotel.

Worth doing: Book hte Sky Bar at the Burg - is expensive but a great experience and if you want a special dinner, Per

Two issues that did affect our stay: The temperature and humidity in July is pretty uncomfortable so we would no return to Dubai at that time of year. Also we were there during Ramadan (with the locals all fasting from dawn until sunset) which meant that some restaurants were not operating during the day and some were offering just buffet rather than an al la carte menu.

Most importantly, during Ramadan no alcohol is able to be served prior to 8.00pm - which was a bit of a blow for us !!!

Neither of these issues were the fault of the hotel or their team who did their best to see that we had a great stay. But, next time I will check a bit more carefully !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PeterR931
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your two-day stop over experience with us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you had an overall great holiday break despite the heat and the customs that we have to adhere during the holy month of Ramadan.

We look forward to having you back in our property once again on a much longer period in the future.

Yours sincerely

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Class A service from the beginning to the end! The hospitality is meticulous perfect and so detailed. I went in January 2013 with my husband and our 2 daughters for 3 nights but ended staying 6 and it was not enough. Impeccable service from the pick up at the airport organized from the hotel to the check out day. The bed pillows were so amazing comfortable, toiletry of high standards, very spacious room for 4 of us, amazing views, a variety of quality restaurants, the beach sand soft and clean (usually I do not like beach sand), efficient bars services...and the staff...oh the staff, everyone so courteous and smiling 24 hrs a day! That is a hotel you can rate 5* in every angle! I am sure to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jana C
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback about your stay in Al Qasr! It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you were so happy with your experience, that your family extended your stay by three additional nights! I truly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Al Qasr again soon!

Best Regards,

Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The only thing that kept my rating from being 5s all the way around was the slightly longer time it took to check in.
After that we were off to superior world class service and accommodations. The indoor pool a buggy ride away was great for the kids. The beach was totally serene. It was hot outside in July but that was balanced out with the warm clean waves you could sit in for hours. Or lie in the covered cabanas for a nap.
The hotel itself was beautifully opulent.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ajamz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this very positive feedback regarding your recent stay in AL Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf! I am thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon for your next holiday!

Best Regards,
Al Qasr & Dar Al Masyaf
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We returned to Dubai for a second time for our first anniversary and we were not disappointed. On our last visit we stayed at Dar al Masyaf this time part of our stay was at the Al Qasr and we loved it just as much. The managers and staff were amazing and couldn't be more helpful and accommodating. The staff and the service they provide is outstanding, especially our butler Rachel in villa 18. I have never met anyone more helpful and polite. The food and variety of different restaurants is unbelievable. This again was an experience of a life time and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Villas 1-8 sea view amazing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HynesCb
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review and choosing Madinat Jumeirah to celebrate your first wedding anniversary. It is very pleasing to learn that we have been part of your special occasion and deliver a yet again a memorable experience. Your kind recognition of our colleague especially Rachel is highly appreciated and rest assured that we will share your glowing feedback with her team too.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you to Al Qasr Hotel for you 3rd visit and 2nd wedding anniversary.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well I will start this review with the good points, the hotel is amazing from the reception to the whole complex which you can easily spend days in, going around the souk going to each other hotel via the boats or buggies. The complex and its plus points are mentioned in most of the reviews here so I will leave that aside and give the bad points.

I had booked Al Qasr as the second part of my Honyemoon trip back in February and at that present time there was no half board promotion otherwise known as summer flavours for the summer, so I booked the room only. A month before my honeymoon I noticed the summer flavours was now in place for the time I was visiting and I asked Al Qasr whether I could be moved to this, I was told this was not possible even though the package I had bought was the same price as summer flavours. I thought at that time I would speak to manager upon arrival as this seemed silly that even though I was paying the same price as others I couldn’t get half board.

On arrival I asked the receptionist whether I could be moved over, I was told no I couldn’t be, I asked to speak to the manager and I was given the phone to speak someone, this someone wasn’t the manager but what seemed liked a senior receptionist and again refused. Whenever I asked to speak to someone senior I was put on hold while they seemed to discuss, eventually she came back and said no once again. Losing my patience I asked whether I could be put onto half board if I paid extra, amazingly the answer was once again no. I was far from happy and my wife was displeased at me getting annoyed.

Things then get worse, we were taken to our room where there was high pitched whine coming from the TV. The receptionist who escorted us there tried to fix and then called a repairman who took his time to arrived while we had to still waiting in the room listening to this horrible whine that was giving us both a headache. Finally the repairman arrived and switched it of, he left and we began to relax after our flight, we were the woken up twice by two other repairman’s an hour later and then 2 hours later asking whether they could take a look at the problem. Not the relaxing and private start we wanted.

Another issue we had was leaving the hotel one night, we asked the doorman to get us a taxi and I told him the yellow ones not the VIP taxis, out of nowhere he rushed us into a car which I then found out was a VIP taxi without a meter and we were overcharged for a trip to Dubai Mall. The pain didn’t stop there, as we were leaving the hotel when we had checked out, the doorman who put the luggage in the car rudely asked for money for his services, I actually had the cash in my hand to give to him and I was disgusted that he asked me.

Finally I informed that I was on honeymoon and I am sad to say they did nothing to give us extra. Many other top hotels give you at the very least a special turndown.

This hotel is part of the Jumeriah Group which is supposed to be the world best, there moto says they don’t say no to a customer. I am sorry to say this is not true, they obviously have issues. I would be interested to hear what management have to say about my experience but my view is that they cater for so many hotel customers now that they don’t care about complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank akzah
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us on Trip Advisor. Following your recent conversation with one of my colleague, please rest assured that all feedbacks received are taken seriously on board as we thrive to achieve excellence throughout the resort. I sincerely apologize if we fail to deliver our brand promise on this occasion. In addition, appropriate actions have been made to avoid reoccurrence of this incident in the future.

On behalf of Al Qasr Hotel, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely