“Unbelievable holiday”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #14 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 16, 2013

What can i say about this hotel?? I could be here all day!!

The hotel is incredible and absolutely faultless. Stayed for a week and enjoyed every second!!

The food is out of this world from breakfast,lunch to tea.

The atmosphere is second to none

Staff are so helpful and will always go that extra mile for you

The beds are a dream to sleep in

Gym - 10/10

Make sure you visited wild wadi

Well worth the stay and a once in a lift time trip

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcandrews87
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time and posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent holiday visit with your family in Al Qasr Hotel. Your kind words towards our colleague’s attentiveness, culinary offerings and commendation in our overall facilities are highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We traveled to Dubai for the first time in May 2013 and stayed at this wonderful hotel. Wherever we go we always check Tripadvisor first and stay at the best 5* hotels that we can find. Also we began this break by flying with Etihad in Business Class. Etihad send a chauffeur to collect you in a large Mercedes and drop you at departures, you are then fast tracked through security. Etihad will then arrange to take you anywhere in the UAE for free. The Etihad lounge at Heathrow is akin to a Conran restaurant and free restaurant quality food is available all day. They also have an in-house Spa and offer a range of complimentary treatments before your flight. Suffice to say it felt as if our break had started as we left the front door.

The hotel service is absolutely impeccable and it made me think that EVERY other 5* hotel was more akin to a Bed&Breakfast compared. From leaving the limo you are greeted at the hotel entrance, offered a drink and seated whilst your key is prepared and brought to you. Thereafter the person who greets you then takes you to the room and explains and technical issues re the aircon etc. We had access to the hotel's VIP lounges with our room and free non-alcoholic drinks are served 24/7 and between 6pm and 8pm free cocktails are available. (In Dubai most beers will cost you £8 each and therefore this perk is great value). Breakfast is also available in these lounges.

Every time we went to the VIP lounge the desk staff always greeted us by name regardless of the fact there were new faces on the desk and that we didn't recall seeing them before. How they do that, I do not know but it was like being famous! Daisy, the lounge manager should be justly proud of her staff.

The hotel has its own shopping souk with over 70 shops and 44 (yes 44) restaurants and a 3km canal system with gondola style boats to ferry you around. It has a fantastic Spa and a private beach adjacent to the Burj Al Arab hotel. We stayed at this hotel for three nights and then went onto Abu Dhabi but I wished that we could have stayed longer. It is absolutely fabulous.

In future, whether we are looking for a city break or a beach side holiday, I am heading back to Dubai and if I can still afford it, I am going back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Richardmason
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a delightful review of your stay with us at Al Qasr. It was with great pleasure that I learned how much you enjoyed your holiday.

I am happy that you have found the resort facilities and beach pleasing. Likewise, I am happy you have found our Lounges to your satisfaction.

Thank you for making Al Qasr your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for my 40th birthday, we have stayed at atlantis in the past & fancied trying somewhere else. We had a terrible welcome at the hotel on arrival, we were shown into a room & seated, not your usual check in desk scenario, here you are seated & they come to you. We were swiftly given cold towels & a juice drink but that was were the greeting hospitality abruptly ended! 20 minutes later & nobody had approached us, 3 Arabian guests came in & were checked in right away. Then a lady approached us & looking very confused asked if she could help us, like she didn't know what we were doing there! My partner lost his temper at this stage & asked her what she thought we were doing there? He said we are here to check in but have sat waiting 25 minutes now, she rudely replied that we could see they were very busy. Not so busy that they couldn't sort their own out first though! A manager was sent over & Darren explained this was my 40th birthday holiday & the first impression was terrible, he said right now I'm looking at going somewhere else. The manager apologised & swiftly checked us in & a staff member led us to our room. We have had mixed check in's at Atalntis, sometimes we have arrived early & had to wait for the room & they don't seem to take much notice of preferences requested when you book through a travel agent but never had a greeting like that at Atlantis! The room at Al Qasr was very nice, on par with Atlantis, however the bed wasn't as comfy you could tell the mattress was cheaper, when one of you is tossing & turning in the night & you get bounced around like a spring on the other side of the bed! But otherwise, comfortable, luxurious & quiet. We were half board here & I loved the dine around program, a choice of at least 15 restaurants you could use your half board vouchers in, some had supplements for evening dinner but there was plenty of choice, however the Kelaedescope buffet at Atlantis is better. The dine around options surpassed Atlantis as the half board option the last time I stayed was just the 2 poolside restaurants & 2 buffet restaurants. Service was mixed here but we found he same at Atlantis, its sometimes an issue with these big resorts & the personal touches/feeling is sometimes not there. However our house keeper did make animals out of towels in our room on turn down, Atlantis doesn't do this. I received a birthday cake at pier chic & wine/cheese/biscuits in room for my birthday at Madinat, haven't celebrated a big birthday at Atlantis so difficult to compare. Madinat we felt was a busier resort, Friday was a nightmare! Friday is the day off in Dubai, the breakfast was chaos, we aren't really early risers & the beach was packed, no chance of getting round the pool, we struggled for loungers on the beach. I've never noticed it been that busy at Atalntis on a Friday, busier yes but not heaving! I would definitely avoid the water parks on Fridays! Other days were quieter but still felt busier then Atlantis, we couldn't get round the pool any day at Al Qasr as we were late risers, use the pool at Mina al Salam that was quieter & child free but not as nice pool but breezier due to been elevated, which was nice in the heat. The beach at Madinat is nicer than Atlantis but the convenience of the water park at Atlantis is better & the pools are quieter.
Didn't use wild wadi so can't compare water parks I'm afraid. There was a strong management presence in the hotel on Sunday morning due to testing of the fire alarm & service definitely stepped up during this time!
Overall I like both resorts, there is more choice at Madinat & more to do & see in resort but it is busier, so it depends if you want a quieter holiday & if you do I would choose Atlantis. I personally would visit both resorts again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angierob73
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor during your recent visit in Al Qasr. I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced on your arrival. It is clear from your comments that we have failed to meet your expectations and that it is not the true Jumeirah standard that we continuously strive to maintain.

All feedback we receive is taken seriously and those aspects of the property and service that we can directly affect, we will certainly look to improve.

On a positive note, thank you for recognizing our efforts for the towel folding arrangement in your room and for choosing Al Qasr to celebrate your 40th Birthday in Pierchic. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your partner once again to our hotel despite the unfortunate service you experience on your arrival.

On behalf of Al Qasr team, thank you and looking forward to having you with us in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

F A N T A S T I C.......... £100 sterling per person with unlimited bubbles and selected spirits... i.e. Bombay Saphire, Bacardi, Sky Vodka, Sol etc. lovely food, loads of it. Nice ambience, fantastic location and leisurely afternoon. A lovely way to spend a Friday afternoon as a special treat.

I am going to take my children with their partners as a treat. Defy you to not enjoy it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KevanJ

Dear Guest

The team and I are grateful to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for your efforts into posting this review, our guests' perspective is very important to us and we have taken your remarks on board.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful brunch with us and looking forward to welcoming you once again to our restaurants in the future

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I attended a conference over 5 days and stayed at this hotel that is part of a group of 3 hotels interlinked by canals. So impressive were the buildings, canals, shopping, beaches and in excess of 30 restaurants that it was hard to believe such a huge complex was possible. Every staff member gave you a greeting and the concierge and outside staff were very good. The conference had more than 600 delegates and even this number was swallowed up by the size of the complex. The breakfast offered met the requirements of many nations and was excellent. I thoroughly recommend this hotel as a resort with facilities that will meet all ages.

Room Tip: There are many room varieties ranging from hotel rooms to villas and units, some facing the very cle...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank slowtripperEsperance

Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure to read your very kind review. I am so pleased to learn of how you value our Hotel and I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your positive feedback.

Indeed we pride ourselves with our world-class facilities that cater to all our guests’ comfort. I am also happy that you have enjoyed the various cuisines served in our breakfast.

Thank you for recommending Al Qasr hotel as a destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Please read all.

I wrote a review on this hotel last week, after we had experienced not the best first day, I complained about the service, the food on the beach and the general lack of interest for the guest, and I suggested the Hilton was better in my last review (which I have deleted and this is to replace it)

WELL, in the evening I was speaking to one of the guest relations guys, who asked me how my stay was going, being someone that does not like to complain I was not eager to offer a full explanation, but he could quite clearly tell I was not happy and probed for more information.

At this point I now understand the reason for all the comments on this hotel, once they realised I was not happy and in their own words had made quite a few mistakes, they then spent the next three days making sure we were VERY happy. We got a table in every restaurant we wanted to eat in, the service on the beach was simply amazing. The concierge guys were fantastic, as we said the next morning we would like to get out and do some things and maybe hire a car. This was all arrange so quickly you would not believe it, Daisy and Royston (Club Lounge Manager and Concierge Manager), came up with some amazing ideas, hiring a luxury car, helicopter ride, afternoon tea at the Burj Kalifa etc. etc.

One of my other complaints was about the lack of service on the beach, the manager in charge of the beaches Sumeet, came to see us the same day to apologise and did explain that the hotel was at 100% and in no way this was an excuse, but he would do everything he could do make our time on the beach enjoyable, and did he do so, we had the most amazing time after that and were thoroughly spoilt.

We ate at the Spanish restaurant on the first night, amazing tapas, you MUST go here. On the 2nd night just after my complaints we ate at MJ's the steak house, which is simply WOW, they know their meat is so good they offer you different weighted steak knives to choose how you want to glide through it.
Third night Pai Thai, again we were offered a fantastic table, the food is simply yum, DO have the egg fried rice and any of the soups well anything actually. and finally our last night was PeirChic, which again they arrange the best table they could for us. If you like fish you will never go wrong here, it is all amazing and I mean AMAZING. I am a qualified chef, and to me these places were simply brilliant.

So after a bad day with many complaints, the way they handled these and then did everything they could to make our stay the best ever, to me means even more as they could have simply ignored us, many other hotels would have tried but the management at the Madinat are brilliant. I guess it is simple to say you should let them know if you have problems, but sometimes it’s not that easy, but these guys really do want you to have the best time, they really do care, and they cannot rectify the issue if you don’t tell them.

Royston head of concierge was a great guy, and in the back ground got all our trips and stuff sorted out very professionally. Daisy in the club lounge is just lovely, she looked after us so well, and did everything she could for us, and then there was Marta (front office manager)who just made all of the amazing stuff happen and even got our room changed and upgraded.

Few other points if you can, go for a club room as getting a 7 series luxury BMW to pick you up and take you back to the airport is also a lovely thing to do, it nice to have breakfast in the club room, and early evening drinks before you go out.

Yoga on the beach (I was talked in to this) is a must, yoga while the sun sets was so soothing, and the man that takes the class is brilliant. The Gym is also amazing and has everything, including 'Les Mills' body attack, pump, combat and RPM.

We loved this place so much, and we did not even get time to visit the spa, going to go back many times.

I almost wish we could have the place to ourselves, but hey you need some people watching.

Thank you Al Qasr Madinat.

Room Tip: we had a ocean club, but as we are going to go back many times we will try out the Villa's next.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Clifford104

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent holiday stay with us in Al Qasr.

Whilst I appreciate your overall constructive review of your holiday, I would like to also apologies for the unfortunate incidents that you shared with my colleagues. I am delighted that despite our shortcomings, My colleague was still quickly able to compensate and take care of you and your partner for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for recognizing the effort of some of our colleagues namely Royston, Sumeet, Marta, and Daisy who will also be pleased to hear from you. Your words will not only motivate them, but inspire the entire team at Madinat Jumeirah to continue providing the best service
experience.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Madinat Jumeirah

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent one night in Dubai and chose Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah. Staff very friendly, perfect location on the nice beach, close to the "worldfamous banana" ;-), good restaurants and nice rooms. All you may desire. But - as everything - this has also its costs. The Al Qasr is quite expensive. Was ok for one night with the whole family in one room, but we would not stay for a week. We could not... ;-(

Room Tip: Dinner at the fish restaurant on the pier was excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cantonadi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us at Al Qasr hotel. I am very pleased to learn that you and your family have enjoyed your holiday with us and you have found the resort facilities and the our restaurants to your satisfaction.

I do hope we will have an occasion to welcome you back to Madinat Jumeirah soon.