“2nd visit to Al Qasr in 8 months & still amazing!”

Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah
Ranked #14 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
UK
“2nd visit to Al Qasr in 8 months & still amazing!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We visited Al Qasr last June for our honeymoon and found it wonderful so we recommended the hotel and Dubai to my husband's family as a potential holiday for my Father in law's 60th birthday in February. There were 6 of us for 4 nights and we enjoyed another superb stay. Driving up the impressive drive really felt like we were coming home!

ROOMS: After a small mix up with the rooms (provided 2 couples with twin rooms rather than doubles), we eventually got our Arabian deluxe rooms and I was as impressed as when I first saw them last June. Large balcony to sit out on and gorgeous bathroom.

One of my favourite things about Al Qasr is the abra boats that take you from the hotel to restaurants and bars, also the golf buggies. All complimentary and a fantastic feature of this hotel.

FOOD: We sampled Segretos for dinner (not quite as good as last time sorry but still lovely), Toscana (in my opinion a cut above Segretos which is the more modern Italian), the setting is lovely as you sit outside and watch the abras go by, Al Hambra tapas (our 2nd visit and still fantastic) and finally Beachcombers. This is an Asian buffet and the choice was plentiful and delicious.

Breakfast also is great with a vast array of choices to suit everyones needs.

You won't go hungry at Al Qasr! Drinks are very expensive though which for a large group meant very expensive rounds, even bottled water is expensive.

BEACH: One word = perfect! When we arrived staff came to lay our towels out for us on the beds and this was a nice touch. Exceptionally clean everywhere.

POOL: Lovely large pool, again staff will come and lay your towel out on your lounger for you and they bring round cucumbers for your eyes, lollies and cold towels during the day.

SERVICE: Wonderful, nothing is too much trouble. The concierge area had moved as the main area was undergoing a refurbishment so it wasn't as efficient as last time however still good. We missed Marcus though, he was brilliant!

All in all, another wonderful stay at Al Qasr and I won't hesitate to recommend the hotel to family and friends as I already have done. We have been as a couple and with a family and enjoyed ourselves on both occasions.

We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank hl85
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I am very pleased you choose Al Qasr Hotel to celebrate your honeymoon and that you enjoyed our efforts to help you celebrate such a special occasion.

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your holiday and for taking in detailing your wonderful experience with us on Trip Advisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

You have to experience a Brunch in Dubai.. It takes dining to another level. The experience started as you drove up the avenue leading to the hotel past the golden horses As soon as you walked in. it was amazing... We had to queue for around 10 mins as we were a little early but were then quickly given champagne and shown to our table. What an aray and selection of food and drinks, it is very hard to put into words, the presentation selection and standard of food was excellent. Plenty of food up until 1630 when it finished and the drinks flowed, get to know you wine waiter who will keep your drinks topped up, It is expensive but well worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RAHunter
Yeppoon, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We are staying here for a conference, so the usual business stuff is happening, meeting rooms presentations blah blah however we are at the most wonderful location in the world.
The amenities are second to none, the meeting room is unbelievable with screens and sound systems that make attending an absolute delight.
The rooms are beautifully appointed with beds so large , so comfortable so restful, allows you to recover from those long days and even longer nights.
The bathrooms are lager with plenty of space for him to shave and for her to apply makeup, wonderfully hot powerful showers with shower cubicle with plenty of room for two. The bath is big band deep and allows you to really soak and relax. Plenty of room to sit and work at either the desk or the table. A wonderful space to " live away from home" in.
The restaurants are plentiful and varied on the resort and the buffet lunches also have been superb.
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and their willingness to assist and provide all the necessities that are required of a guest.
The swimming pool is wonderful and the grounds and gardens are beautifully maintained.

This is truly an oasis and would recommend this not only for business but for pleasure..

We will be back for a vacation in the near future to enjoy all this wonderful property has to offer

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Al Qasr Hotel

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your glowing review of our hotel during your recent business travel.

Your kind appreciation of our room architectural design, culinary offerings and pool surroundings and our landscaping are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel to further enjoy the resort as a holiday trip to Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Sliema
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Best experience ever! Place looks like a sand castle on the beach. You go to your room in gondola. Service and atmosphere is excellent. You can spend days in the Souk Market next doors that offers good restaurants and shops. Well worth the money

Room Tip: Best value is the Arabian Summer Home Villa!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PatrickMaltaSliema
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your short and wonderful review towards your recent stay with us in Al Qasr.

Your kind words towards our service, room amenities, transportation arrangement and the Souk market are greatly appreciated.

I look forward in welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Sandton
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Dubai for our 30th wedding anniversary and to spend sometime with friends. We booked to stay two nights at Al Qasr for our anniversary. On arrival, you can understand why this is not a cheap hotel and the entrance and lobby absolutely sumptious. The pool area is lovely as is the gorgeous beach. Our bedroom was lovely with a gorgeous seaview. The staff were very attentive and we received a bottle of red wine and fruit basket to congratulate us on a anniversary. We ate at Pierchic the first night.........a seafood restaurant at the end of the pier. Very nice but not cheap- a normal bottle of South African sauvignon blanc R800.00 !!! The waterways around the hotel are lovely with boats taken you back and forth to the Souk shopping centre and other restaurants. We ate at an Italian restaurant overlooking the water, which was lovely and half the price from the previous evening. The breakfast was not included and we had to pay extra. There was everything and really well presented....big disappointment no butter only margarine. This for a 5 star hotel, I found not up to standard, we also had to keep calling a waiter for extra coffee. All in all it was lovely but be well aware it is very very expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Al Qasr Hotel to celebrate your 30th wedding anniversary. I am very pleased to read that your stay with us has left you with such fond memories of your special occasions. In addition, I am pleased that you appreciated the bottle of red wine and fruit basket during your first few days.

You’re right, at a hotel of this caliber, margarine just does not cut it. I would like to assure you that our restaurants only carry butter of the St. Pierre brand.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

philippines
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was my first time in Dubai with 6 girlfriends.. we all had high expectations before getting to the hotel because this hotel is a very expensive one. Lo and behold.. the entrance itself was grand enough to make our jaws drop. I must say, we are all travellers and critics of hotels and the hotel was faultless. The rooms are so grand, very detailed finishing, interiors, up to the bathrooms. The sheets and towels are all new and very comfortable. Service is excellent, you will feel like a queen in your whole stay. Breakfast is awesome, it can be your brunch too! 7days in this hotel was paradise, its now hard to find this kind of place anywhere else in the world. I hope i find one though.. cause for me, this is the best hotel in the world!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MJGuestfeedback, General Manager at Jumeirah Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your gracious review that you posted on TripAdvisor following your first stay with us at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah.

We are delighted to read through your comments and I thank you on behalf of the team, for detailing so many positive elements that you have experienced within the resort.

Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday venue and we all are certainly look forward to welcoming you back, for another Arabian experience at Madinat Jumeirah in the near future.

Sincerely
Margaret Paul
Resort General Manager
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I absolutly love this hotel - it's everything I want from a hotel and more! As soon as I saw it. I knew it was the place for me. You just have to go there once and you will be hooked!

My husband and I have been here 12 times now and I normally get bored with places, but I am still in love with this one and actually can't wait until we can go again!! Even the driveway up to the hotel is magnificient and you start to feel special right from here. The hotel itself is a traditional looking building, styled on an Arabian palace and it's just gorgeous. It really does feel like you are holidaying with a royal family rather than staying in a hotel! Al Qasr is part of the Madinat Jumeirah complex, which consits of Al Qasr Hotel, Mina al Salam Hotel and Dar al Masyaf villas. It has been built like a mini-Venice with waterways connecting it all together and abra boats to take you around on it, but it is also easily walkable. Should you prefer to be taken around on dry land, golf buggies are there to take you around!

There is also a 'Souk' - shopping area in the middle of the 2 hotels, which contains a some more restaurants, souvenir shops, a pharmacy, coffee shops, bars a nightclub, Trilogy' and a few other little shops, which is lovely to have as you really don't need to leave the complex if you don't want to. However, if you do, this hotel also boasts a great location. It's only about 10 minutes from the Mall of the Emirates and taxis are really cheap here. Also not too far away, you can get to the Burj Kahlifa (World's tallest buildng) and the adjoining shopping Mall, Emirates Mall and there are other smaller malls, also not too far away. The airport is about 30 mins away.

Each hotel has a pool and of course, you can use facilities of both, which we always do. Villas that are not so close to the beach have their own private pools which are so cute! The hotel also offers Talise Spa, where I've had a few very relaxing massages and there are tennis courts as well if you are feeling sporty and also a gym and indoor pool for length swimming. The other great thing is that you can use the facilities and kids club and pool at the Jumeirah Beach hotel next door as they are owned by the same company and you can walk or get a golf buggy to take you there. You also get complimentary access to 'Wild Wadi' water park and they've just opened a couple of new rides there as well.

My husband is now a Gold Card Member with Sirius, which I really recommend you becoming a member of if you stay at a Jumeirah property and it's been really worthwhile for us, as it's made our stays more afordable as it offers lots of benefits when you reach the various levels. You can collect points for your stay if you book direct with the hotel and also when you eat at the Jumeirah restaurants. Having the Gold status means that we get complimentary breakfast, hotel car to and from the airport and free room upgrade if one is available and also access to the Premium Leisure Club, where you can get free soft drinks all day, afternoon tea and evening snacks. The staff there are so freindly and they will do anything to help make your holiday more enjoyable, especially Daisy, who helped orgainse decorations for my husband's birthday and Sid, the barman. Go get yourself an application form and you can start collecting right away. There doesn't seem to be any strings attached and no credit card, just a point collecting one. You can find the forms at the restaurants or ask when you are booking the holiday if you are doing it direct.

We arrived on the early morning flight and had our 2 year old with us.The hotel had our room ready for us as soon as we arrived and we always request the same room, as we love the and the location as it's on the same floor as reception. We were able to check in at our room rather than at the hotel entrance and we even were served a continental breakfast there, so that we didn't have to go to the restaurant after the night flight. This is the kind of thoughtfulness that keeps us returning! You definately get little perks if you are a returning guest, as you would expect!

The hotel rooms are beautiful. Styled in Arabian way, so you don't forget where you are. I actually say every time that I want to bring the bed and the duvet home as I find them so comfortable - the most comfy ever! They are big enough and have everything you need and the bahrooms are lovely as well. They service the room in the morning and evening and you get the little gift on the pillow, which I love and also the folded towels in the shape of animals, which is a really nice touch.

All the staff made a big effort with welcoming my son and making him feel at ease, wherever we went in the hotel, as well as us, of course! I love how everyone speaks to you to say good morning before you manage to speak to them. Kids can eat and drink free under 4 in any of the Jumeirah restaurants around the hotel and this is a big choice as well. He was always served propmptly and there was a good range to choose from on the kids menu.

The hotel also has a fantastic kids club, Sinbad's, with truly lovely staff. A special mention to Mickey, Bryan, Jamel, Jennie and Kim, who helped take care of my little man. There are plenty of activities for the kids to join in with, including face painting, which was my little boy's favourite. There is also the chance to feed turtles at the rehabilitation area at the hotel every Wednesday. Children can be left there from age 2 in the mornings and kids 4+ can stay the whole day. They even offer an evening service, so that parents are able to eat in peace and the little ones are given food there. The Kids Club has activities indoors which is air conditioned and then a lovely pool, which has shelter from the sun and lots of fun water jets, a sea-saw and a slide in it. There are so many lifeguards around that you feel so safe. If you do turn your back, someone else is always watching. The lifeguards are well trained and you see them doing training some mornings before their shift begins. There are also lifeguards on the 2 other outdoor pools that are part of Madinat Jumeirah and also on the beach, which is fantastic. Look out for Charmara, who is one of the beach lifeguards and he always makes an effort to speak with us and is a cool guy!

The hotel also has a trained babysitting team should you wish to go out for longer in an evening - or at any time and we have used them. I'm fussy about who I leave little bear with, but I was more than happy with the service and I would definately use them again :) We love Helen and we have known her since before little man was born, but she is one of the abra boat drivers now.

There is a Doctor based at the hotel, which we have found extremely useful, especially with a litle one. They can come to the room or go to the office, which is all on site. We've never had to wait more than 30 minutes for an appointment and have recieved good service.

The breakfast is a big buffet in Arboretum restaurant or you can go to Khaymet al Bahar, where you can sit by the pool and eat, which we normally prefer. The selection is a bit smaller, but still loads to choose from and all delicious. Darren, the manager also ensured my little boy had everything he needed and more. He always made sure he had peeled and chopped fruit and. There are lovely views, whether you eat inside or out of the pool and also from some tables, the beach. In the evening, Khaymet al Bahar is also a lovely choice for a dinner with delicious Arabian food.

We love Madinat Jumeirah whether we have a family holiday or a couples holiday. It suits both amazingly well. The whole feel of the hotel has a romance about it and the restaurants can be very romantic as well depending which ones you choose. You can turn up to many on the abra boats, which makes it even more lovely. Segretto (Italian), Pai Thai (Thai) - look out for the lovely Beth there, Zeng He's (Chinese) and MJ's Steakhouse are a few examples of these. We also love The Wharf (Pub Grub). MJ's has to be our favourite and just would like to mention Agnelo, the waiter we have known since our first visit. He's a really lovely, caring guy and he always looks after our little boy really well. GiGi always has a friendly welcome for us at the door and Marichou, although all of the staff are fab there :) Adil is a great manager and Safraz is a fantastic guy and was the Assistant Manager of MJ's, but has now been promoted to Manager of 'Jambase' and we will be going to check it out there on our next visit and catch up with him.

There is an amazing Friday Brunch, which is an institution in Dubai and a must do while there. The Al Qasr Brunch has just been awarded the Good Food award for Best Brunch 2012 and it really does deserve it! The bruch is spread over 3 intercomnecting restaurants, MJ's Steakhouse, Arboretum and Al Hambra. You can choose sit in any of them (we sit in MJ's because we love this restaurant) but walk around and get food from any of them. Each restaurant is packed with unbelievable amounts of food and in the 'winter', there are food stations outside as well! You can choose to pay the price for unlimited food and alcohol or just soft drinks. It goes on from 12:30 until 4 and you can stay the whole time and spread out the food and drinks. It is definately worth the money and the food is gorgeous. It is also beautifully presented with intricate mini deserts and ice sculptures. We enjoy at least one Friday Brunch every time we visit Dubai.

We have had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, Ms. Houston and she does a fantastic job of running this beautiful establishment and is extermely down to earth and friendly, as is her Deputy, Ms. Yetisner. They both always ensure we are well looked after and that everything is perfect for us. They actually reall care and want you to have the best holiday possible.I always feel like a princess at this hotel and I always think how lucky I am when I am there to have such an amazing holiday.

So, as you can see, I really would recommend this hotel and I hope to be there again sometime later this year! Unfortunalty, this hotel has runined me for staying at other hotels, as I always compare them and the others just don't match up and I end up disappointed! Hence the need to keep returning :)Try it and I hope you won't be disappointed. I never have been :) We now have our 'home from home' room, as we always request Al Qasr Room 335 because we stayed in it once and loved the view over the waterway, pool and Burj al Arab and of course you can see the Gulf.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Nicky909
Dear Nicky909

On behalf of the team, I would like thank you for your loyal patronage towards Madinat Jumeirah over the years and also for recommending the resort via TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read from your review that we once again managed to live up to your expectations. All you comments are highly appreciated and I will certainly share them with the team.

Once again, thank you for posting a review and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your favourite resort, Madinat Jumeirah in the very near future.

Sincerely