1) The room was decent, very clean with modern furniture, rooms are big enough and cleaned every day, although the bathroom is a little on the small side. But overall a decent standard.
2) Concierge service especially Henry a decent bloke and always happy to help
3) Daily Shuttle bus to the sister hotel and Jamerah beach Park. The shuttle bus runs only once a day (leaves at 10am and picks up at 4.30) prompt service and considering it takes about 35mins it saves a fortune on taxis. Note: the sister hotel is on the beach and has decent facilities you can use for a cost (15 GB Pounds), however the cost of food and drinks at the hotel are outrageously expensive!!
The negatives (too many)
1) Extremely incompetent reception staff!!! I had initially planned to travel alone and so booked the hotel for one person via hotels.com. 10 days before I arrived I changed the booking as my wife was also coming along, so the booking was changed for 2 people (at an additional cost). When we arrived they booked us both in and they confirmed the booking was for 2 people, just as I had booked and paid for. However, when we went for breakfast the following morning they said the booking was for only one person and I was requested to go down to reception to pay an additional charge for my wife!! After a 20min conversation they realized they had not updated their records and I had actually booked and paid for two adults…. Look mistakes happen and especially as I changes the original booking so I could accept that there may have been some confusion. However the following morning the same thing happened and again I had to spend 20 mins sorting it out,,,,,, then when booking out I was asked to pay and additional charge for my wife as there records showed the booking was for only 1 person and again after further discussion they realized they were wrong again!! This is just pure incompetence and something you would no expect from a 4 star establishment.
2) Breakfast… look I am not a fussy eater and I absolutely love my breakfasts but what they served us was very poor…the coffee was terrible, bread was stale and very limited selection…..awful, I didn’t even bother with it on my last morning
3) Pool…don’t even bother…plastic sun loungers and seats and dated deco
4) Prostitutes ,,,, if you go past the lobby any time after 10pm they are every where and the hotel staff do not seem to care…. I even got approached for business in front of the hotel staff when I was with my wife!!!
I paid a lot of money to stay here and the hotel was marketed as a 4 star hotel, in reality it’s a 3 star at best and therefore should charge 3 star prices. Certainly wouldn’t recommend this hotel certainly not at the prices I paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown Dubai, Nihal Palace Deira offers deluxe accommodations with roof-top pool and jacuzzi. It also features a well-equipped gym with sauna and a nearby Dubai Creek Golf Course.Decorated with European-style furnishings and fabrics. There is a spacious sitting area with cable TV channels and private bathroom with bathtub. Guests can choose among different dining outlets: Al Riqqa Restaurant focuses on diverse international specialties. The on-site Dublin Arms Irish Pub offers Lagers and Spirits until late in the evenings. The popular Gold Souk is a 10-minute drive from the hotel Nihal Palace Deira. The Dubai Creek 5 mins While Dubai Marina is 30 mins from the Hotel. The Al Rigga Metro Station is walk able distance from the Hotel, and Dubai International Airports are also close by . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Nihal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Hotel Dubai