“the WORST HOTEL EVER - BE AWARE!!!!!!!!”
Review of Versailles Hotel

Versailles Hotel
Ranked #297 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Be AWARE from this hotel - we stayed there for 14 days and every day i was telling myself, why I didnt pay more money to have another hotel. I am travelling around the world for more than 30 years and this was the WORST experience EVER.

Hotel is really DIRTY, NOISY and EVERYTHING IS PAYED!!!! In hotel is also Disco on the TOP floor, so there is a loud music until 3 am and you can not sleep. The breakfast are every day the same - you can count every morning with stinky meloun, eggs etc.

PAY MORE TO AVOID THIS HELL!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kolda J
There are newer reviews for Versailles Hotel

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Verssalis, just less than 10 min drive from the Airport and near metro station Al-Rigga. You can travel any where very easily. Service is very good and sleep excellent. Rooms are value for money. Though view was not so great but for a less than 5 to7 day travel it does not matter if you look for other advantages. Evening strolling along main street was great and Deira city centre is a great place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank vidyadhar g
dubaihotelier, General Manager at Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Vidhyadhar,
Many thanks for the kind words you have chosen to say about Versailles Hotel during your last visit.
We will strive to do still better and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Dubai again.
Warm regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good location in close to Al Riga metro and bus route C9 which connects you to many parts of Dubai. Good, choice of breakfast and very friendly staff who ever you speak to. Free,good wifi connection in your room and internet facility at the lobby. Plenty of shops and eating places around. Busy area but quite. Didn't like the shower curtain always in contact with your body and leaks water to the floor resulting floods. Continuous noisy machinery in 7th floor. Room cramped with two single beds in a double room. Needs an improvement and new theme perhaps Middle Eastern appearence away from existing Indian appearence.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to noisy airconditioner units.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is city hotel, not so far from Metro Stations: Union and AlRigga. Near hotel you can find out many restirants: national and networks: McDonalds, PizzaHut, KFC and etc.
In hotel there is free bus to Mamzar beach. And you can take publuc buc c28 to this beach from bus stop near Reef Mall (walk around 10 min.).
Breakfast good but evryday same.
Wi-Fi is chargable - 10 Dh/1h. But I got welcome gist password for Wi-Fi for next 7 days. I don't know rules from these gifts.

I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is horrible, they charge over $100 per night abd the hotel looks like a by the hour motel. the bed was a twin size bed (but I was told I would have a king size, someone need to learn the difference between the 2) and looked as if they had not cleaned the blanket in who knows how long, the room had a stinky odor, I was so disappointed. first thing, the taxi driver could not even find the place, second walking through the door, the hotel front desk coulds not even find my reservations, wifi is not complimentary as they say in their advertisement (10 AED per hour or 50 per 24 hours), and also they do not have an airport shuttle transportation; they need to tell what they have and not what they think they should have (false advertisement) the wifi does not work well in the rooms as they claim, I had to stay by the front door in order to log in to even use the wifi in the room or I could have stayed in the lobby and got a good signal per the receptionist. The food was terrible as well, but the staff was pleasant, this is the only plus, because everything else was HORRIBLE; this hotel must be used for hourly/day street walkers if you know what I mean...I dont recommend this place to my worse enemy. I am itching just thinking about the bed, I will lay on this couch which looks a lot better than the bed...let's hope so anyway.... THIS SUCKED

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, dont waste your money or time with this one
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tannyka S
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel was not just difficult for a taxi driver to find because the light on the hotel is very dim, it was also was rundown, the furniture was old, the rooms while seemingly clean, had a bizarre smell, not to mention that we were only given one pillow each, and there were also renovations going made, which made the entrance frustratingly clumsy. Furthermore, this hotel is in Deira so is very far from the conventional Dubai attractions, that said it is a 10-15 minute walk from two metro stations.

Our voucher was meant to be full board, and when visiting other hotels in Ramadan, our reservations mean that we're offered Iftar and Suhoor instead of breakfast and dinner, this was not the case as we were promptly informed that we would be entitled to only one meal.

The staff while nice, really need an upgrade in training and uniform, instead of taking copies of our passports, they took our passports from us and then proceeded to add a sticker with our room number on it without our consent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank do0dz
Reviewed August 25, 2012

In spite of a comprehensive search on Versailles hotel and reviewing all comments about it in trip advisor, unfortunately by entering the hotel I noticed some negative points of the hotel which were not mentioned by other travelers. The only positive point was metro station which was so close and we could use both red and green line. In my 8-day- stay in this hotel I was just starving as I couldn’t eat the food because of bad quality. Every day I noticed the invariant food. The staff working in the restaurant, who were wearing untidy black shirts, didn’t even recharge the food. Despite of reserving the hotel with breakfast and lunch I rarely went to the restaurant or if I did I didn’t eat anything special. The pool of the hotel was really small and not appropriate for the families. The staffs were not helpful at all; they were not knowledgeable enough to help newcomers. The torn blankets were very old; the bed sheet had a bad smelling. The hotel was located in Indian and Pakistani residential area which I couldn’t touch the real modern Dubai!!!!!!!!!!! I’m sorry to say all these about Versailles hotel but this hotel made a bad memory of Dubai for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple