“Very good value hotel”
Review of Versailles Hotel

Versailles Hotel
Ranked #296 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I have recently returned from dubai we stayed in the hotel Versailles which is a very good budget hotel.
We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the friendliness of the staff.
The hotel is only a 5 min walk to the metro where you can buy a 48 hour ticket which is
very reasonable. We only found out about this the day we were leaving so make sure you ask .
The area around the hotel is very lively and lots of restaurants and fast food outlets
Dubai can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be and a hotel like the Versailles
can certainly go a long way in helping your budget.
The staff are wonderful and certainly go out of their way to ensure you have a comfortable stay. I would most certainly go back and stay there when we visit dubai again

Room Tip: As the hotel has a night club I would suggest you request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
dubainightowl, General Manager at Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Ms. Patricia,
Many thanks for your kind words about our hotel and staff.It is my endeavour to make my guests feel at home and my team is trained to ensure they give our valued guests a friendly and memorable experience.Thank you for choosing to stay at the Versailles !
Warm regards,
G.M.-Versailles Dubai

There are newer reviews for Versailles Hotel

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stay here for 6 nights. The room was "OK" and clean. Is very close to the "Al Rigga Metro Station". There was not much water in the shower and the breakfast was not good.
But the price is good, if you want a cheap place to stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jauer_DK
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our first meeting with Dubai (and UAE) happened to be with the help of Versailles Hotel. I was told that 3 stars of the UAE are as 5* from the same Turkey and didn't believe until saw by myself. Very cozy room. We took the nonsmoking room and remained pleased. By the way our windows could be opened.
Very friendly and helpful staff. They were there when you need it. (hi guys!!!!)

Location in the heart of the old city (Deira City) near the Al Rigga metro station made our research of the Dubai easier and pleasant.

The breakfast and the lunch were always tasteful.

I will definitely choose this hotel next time.

Room Tip: Take a nonsmoking room. With you need fresh air you can open the windows. Ask a room фищму 5th floo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Covalenco I

Dear Valued Guest,
Many thanks for your kind words about the Hotel and the Staff.We are glad to note that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to continuing to do so.We look forward to your next visit.
Warm regards,
G.M.-VERSAILLES

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed here for three nights late Nov 2011and was very happy with the hotel. I'd got a very cheap deal and hadn't expected too much but it exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and spacious, it was also quiet, though must add I was up on the 7th floor and would suggest getting a high floor is necessary for there is a nighclub down on the 1st. The buffet breakfast was fine and varied somewhat each day, so you'll certainly find something you'll want. The place was full of Russians on a package trip (that's not a complaint) and reckon I was probably to only British in the restaurant each morning. I never ate any other meals in the place so can't comment there. The Metro is now fully open and the station (Al Rigga) is only about 400metres away so getting around Dubai is very straightforward. Also it's only four stops away from the heart of the airport so I definitely wouldn't bother with a taxi.
Yes, it's true there are quite a number of prostitutes locally but the neighbourhood isn't sleasy, though it ain't the area for sure that they show in the brochures. The reality is that however Dubai sells itself, undoubtedly a lot of people do visit for sex, as well or instead of shopping.. Personally I can't say I was overstruck with Dubai at all, but if you're there and on a mid range budget rather than wanting to dig deep for a fancy beach place, this hotel should do the trick.

Room Tip: As mentioned before, take the highest floor you can get!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank mikepo52
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I chose this hotel since it was the only one offering free wi-fi and free breakfast for under Euro 40 per room per night and did not regret it. The rooms are OK, the breakfast buffet changes every day and has quite a bit of choice (although they should do something about the coffee, it's undrinkable) and the hotel is quite close to metro station. No problem with noise from bars - it was Ramadan. (time to appreciate modest prices of room service and AED 15 beer in the fridge ;-)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Magnapurga
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We avail a groupon for a 2 night stay at the hotel with breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was amazing!
It was good value for money, the room was good, clean and comfortable.
The food was amazing. It had different variety for breakfast and lunch while the dinner was superb -- steak etc. People were great as well especially in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Angelle705
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family and I used a Groupon deal to the Versailles Hotel to explore the old part of Dubai, and to get a different look and feel to 2011 Dubai. The hotel obviously had many different vouchers and deals advertised, as I had to press the management on a number of occasions to fulfill what we were entitled to in OUR deal. I can't complain too much since all the meals were included in the deal, but a little better education of the staff would have been helpful -- especially when all kinds of different deals and vouchers were floating around.

The room was comfortable, relatively quiet and well kept. We used the pool on the roof both days and my young son was very happy with getting to play in a clean, well managed pool. Staff was friendly, and we encountered no real problems other than what has already been mentioned.

The hotel is close to Dubai airport, and has shuttles to both the airport and the new Mirdif Shopping Mall on the far side of the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family