“Business Trip to Dubai”

Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel
Ranked #456 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed one night in Lotus Hotel as I was in a Business Trip to Dubai and for late night. it was nice, quit even it is in the heart of Dubai City. Rooms little small and wifi is not free, Breakfast was good and service was excellent.

Room Tip: all rooms are small size.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Muhammad K

Reviewed June 17, 2014

it is a very big hotel the rooms are like apartments, the facilities are average and it is a bit old, the food is less than average, near the airport not much around it. The internet service was very bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Abdel Kareem A
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recently stayed at the Lotus, while on business in Dubai. The location is wonderful - right on the marina. There's also a Tesco very conveniently located across the road. The rooms are very spacious and clean, but the real plus for me was the service. I fell very ill during my stay and the staff, from the GM down, couldn't have been more caring and concerned. The night manager made sure I got to the hospital safely and staff on every shift after that inquired as to how I was feeling. Even the young concierge offered to lend me money to get a cab on my last day when I was down to very few notes. Can't thank the entire staff enough! Downside: there's a mosque a few doors down and if you're a light sleeper you'll be awakened early by the call to prayer. Other than that, a great budget stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Diana D
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel was more than adequate for one of the most reasonably priced hotels in Dubai. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, if not the most efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was very close to old town and near several restaurants. The one thing I will complain about is the internet access. The cost of internet in your room was so expensive - we didn't pay for it on principle. There was free internet available in the lobby for 30 minutes. You needed to get a new password from the front desk every time you got on. However, I would definitely stay here again if I was looking for someplace cheap but still nice in the same area of Dubai!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed March 16, 2014

the Lotus Hotel in Dubai is not just a hotel as is commonly understood. It is more like a home away from home. the staff are warm, friendly and very courteous to everyone. the room attendants are the smiley people. the rooms are comfortably clean and smells good. the good is terrific and really tastes awesome..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The only reason I am evaluating this hotel as average is because of the room rate I was granted which put the value for money ratio on the green area. Otherwise it would be poor.

If you are looking just for a place to sleep then this hotel might just be ok. No luxury, overrated as a 4 stars, max a 3 stars hotel.

Furniture and rooms need to be renovated a bit.

Staff was quite responsive and tried to be helpful but apart from that there was no professionalism. The receptionist tried to be gentle by upgrading my room but then I was assigned a smoking room which was clearly indicated as not being my preferred option in the reservation form. He should have asked first making sure that I was ok with the upgrade at the condition I had to stay in a smoking room. Again, it is a matter of professionalism.

There is a night club on the ground floor and the loud music they play up to 3:00 am might be disturbing if your room is located at the lower floors.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Giuizz
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The supplies for the Coffee making machine was expired stock....especially the milk.
Internet speed for which not free, had very poor speed.
Condition of room / fixtures were very old fashioned. Not updated.
Electrical points were not adequate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gavin A
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement.

I have particularly noted your comments. I would like to inform you that we have once again thoroughly checked all our food supplies and as per our policy we cannot have any expiry items in our stocks. there certainly must be a misunderstanding from your end to interpret the readings of the expiry dates which is in year/moth/date format.

I shall be glad to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our newly renovated guest rooms on your next visit and would appreciate you to contact me on wajeed@lotus-hospitality.com to assist you accordingly.

Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel, Dubai.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities.
In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need

Thank you.