“Best stay ever!”

Ranked #425 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Karachi, Pakistan
“Best stay ever!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in the hotel on Sep 10 to Sep 12. Our stay was the best stay ever!! The people there were very good & food was very delicious for breakfast. We also liked the food in Dakshin for dinner. The music band was excellent! Our room was very clean and liked the services given. The room boy was very polite & helpful. He always came on time in the morning & did a good job. We were ver happy to always see the people there smile & wish us every time. This was our first visit to Dubai & enjoyed everything here. We will surely come again & will tell our friends to consider this hotel. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Room facing the city centre.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Coolkat2013
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Greetings from Lotus Hotel!
We refer to your recent visit to our Hotel and thank you for choosing us while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities; I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.
While always looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel, we all assure you of our best services as always.
In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.

Wajeed Bagwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited the Lotus hotel at Dubai last month with my family. The experience was very satisfying. being a family of four, i had to keep in mind that the place i stay should be cost effective along with good quality. Lotus hotel offered me both. Very cost effective (i stayed for over a week!) and 10/10 in terms of quality of service, cuisine, hospitality & efficeincy of staff. Their restauranmt Dakshin, serves amazing Indian food & didnt let me miss home at all. Staff is very courteous and always ready to help. Travelling with a 2 yr old can be demanding at times, but the hotel staff was very considerate and made all the efforts to meet the demands of my little one. I am extremely happy with my choice of hotel & would highly recommend it to all those travelling with family. Rooms are very luxurious & comfortable. All in all a great time at Lotus, and i assure you i will be back when i visit Dubai next. Thanks alot Lotus team!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I will take this opportunity to describe the wonderful stay that I had at the Lotus hotel, Dubai. I was to visit Dubai on a business trip for a few days and despite some "not so flattering" reviews I decided to stay here. I was welcomed by a very cheerful and efficient member of staff, who was very quick to acknowledge my booking and take me to my room. The room was exquisite with a lovely view. The restaurant served up some wonderful delicacies and each day was a delight and made me look forward to my meals here every time. Check out also was extremely smooth and quick. The staff is very very helpful and efficient. All in all a wonderful stay and I will definitely come back here on my next visit. Strongly recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

i was staying in this hotel for two nights from 15/09/13 until 17/09/13. I had a real challenge with members of staff. its not so cheap to stay with them first of all. the second most of them are not really helpful. The hotel looks good from the outside but when you actually decide to stay you have to be very careful because there are only prostittutes waitng. I was shocked when I saw it with my own eyes. I felt like running and never come back again. I was staying there alone but my husband planned to stay with me for the night so I went to the reception desk to ask about details and they said they d need a copy of my husband passport so i gave it to them. Mr Akshay Shetty approved it. He was very good with me but he wasnt on a night shift. The problem arised when I met Mr Mohammed Abutheif, a night shift manager, this is his apparent name I suppose. He was very short man, overweight, bold around his 50's. When my husband arrived he treated us in a very rude and racist way and for some his unexplained reasons he didnt let my husband to stay, so I had to look for another room in a hotel next door and believe me it was so late at night 4 am.So I spent a lot of extra money just for the night because of very poor service of this hotel staff member. I will never stay in their hotel again as I am a regular visitor in Dubai. If I ever see that manager I will never come back to them. He should be fired for that. It is punishable in Uae to act racist to others.

Room Tip: 6th floor, closer to swimming pool one floor up
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ewelinab2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have particularly noted your comments regarding the behaivour of Night Manager-Mr. Abu Tafesh and would like to regret the inconvenience caused at your end since he was only abiding the law of the country regarding visitors for hotel guests during night at our Hotel.
Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel, Dubai.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities.

Kind regards,

Wajeed Bagwan

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I booked 1 night accommodation there. It cost more than 50Euros per night. When I arrived there, it was a chaos. There was only 1 staff dealing with room reservation. As she was not around, other receptionists had no idea how which room I would stay. They nearly got me the key of a room which had already occupied by other visitors!

After spending nearly 1 hour, the corresponding returned and sorted out my room. There was no internet connection in the room. What I had was a password which could access internet in the Lobby for 1 hour only, or paid for longer access to internet. I asked the receptionist to order a taxi for the next morning at 8am in order to catch the bus to Abu Dhabi. He seemed to made a booking and confirmed to me everything was ok. However, the nothing was booked on the next day and I had to go to the bus station by Metro and I missed the bus at 8.20am!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Janice M
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have particularly noted your comments regarding internet and your transport request.
On a thourough investigation, it was learnt that you had requested for complimentary Internet in room which was not considered since your room rate offered was not inclusive with internet.However, the receptionist did offer you with a password for complimentary internet access in our lobby for your usage.
With regards to your transport request, you had requested for a comlimentary drop to Al Ghudaibha station and on hearing the charges applicable you cancelled the request at the time of checkout and have taken the Metro by your choice.
I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and regret any inconvenience caused due to above.

Kind regards,

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband & I were in Lotus hotel from 2nd Sep. until 5th Sep. (for 3 nights)
Totally, I am satisfied of Lotus hotel and it's probable that I come back to this hotel again if I go to Dubai ;) but my overall rating of this hotel is average because when i compare Lotus hotel with a 4 star Turkish hotel in Antaliya -which i had stayed in my previous hotel- I can see some defects.
First, let me count the advantages:
1- The breakfast was very good.
2- The lunch was excellent specially one day, we had "Fish with curry". I'd love it!
3- The location was good. Near to Al rigga metro station, near to city center and lots of restaurants.
4- The pool was clean & Jacuzzi was good.

Now, it's better to mention some weaknesses which can be negligible in consideration with the advantages but it's better to be informed and maybe they get improved:
1- Transfer from the airport to the hotel was done with delay because the Pakistani driver arrived late and we had been waiting for 20 minutes in the airport and also, he didn't have any sign of the hotel in his hands. Even when he arrived, he said that we should wait again for arriving another two people. I complained that we had been waiting for a long time. Instead of apologizing for his delay, he impolitely told me : "If you are in hurry, you can take a taxi and go!"
His behavior was really impolite.
2- When we came to our room, there weren't any sleeper (footwear). I asked the reception and he said that someone would bring but no one came! The next day, i asked the reception again and finally one sleeper was delivered to us while we were two people! So, I asked for another one but again no one came to deliver us another sleeper and we preferred to forget about it! I suggest you to take your sleepers with yourself ;)
3- I expected to find toothbrush & toothpaste besides the shampoo & body gel & body lotion but there weren't. I suggest you to take your toothbrush as well ;)
4- Although the weather of Dubai is too warm but the temperature of the hotel was too low. it seems funny that all the night we shivered under the blanket although we had turned off the A/C! Also, the corridors were cold like the winter :)
5- The noise of Disco can be heard up to 3 a.m (we were on 2nd Floor) but we were tired and sleepy enough not to care about it :)

Anyhow, I am satisfied of my stay in Dubai at whole and i hope i can return very soon :)

Room Tip: Maybe the higher floors are better for sleep quality. we were on 2nd floor and we heard the noise of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azi59farahani
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Farahani,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel!
I have noted your positive comments on our restaurant team and sincerely thank you for the feedback.
I have noted noted your feedback for our improvements and assure you of my committment to enure corretive action accordingly.

dubai
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Excellent & very friendly staff, from reception to restaurant & cleaners. good value for money.....location also very good close to metro station, mall, restaurants. quick service in restaurant.very relaxing swimming pool, sauna & jacuzzi i got everything i paid for. i loved to stay in this place

Room Tip: close to mall n metro station
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business