“Hotel is fine, underhanded business people”

Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel
Ranked #466 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 1, 2013

LOCATION: Okay, it was in the center of old town. Not my favorite.
ROOM Okay, remote control for the TV did not work.
BATHROOM: Tiny and the door did not open all the way or it would hit the toilet. Not for big people. The elevator is tiny too.
FOOD: Fine
ROOM SERVICE: No problems
GYM: Okay, elliptical was broken and had to show it to the staff for them to believe it.
POOL: Fine but small, it is on the roof.
FRONT DESK : Fine after they rip you off. Not much help with other things such as power adapter.
TRANSPORTATION Great, it was free to/from the airport. Prompt and friendly

Room Tip: Beware of the business practice. I reserved the room, changed the date more than 24 hours in advance...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Mr.Albuquerque,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities. While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have noted your comments regarding our front office staff approach and would be helpful to know details of any specific incidence to assure you of corrective action with immediate effect.

Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel, Dubai.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is my first visit to UAE. Though I did not stay at this hotel I was lucky to have food twice at the Indian Restaurant in this hotel and I m sure the stay too would have been excellent had I opted for it.. I must say that I was very happy with this hotel.its a pleasure to write a comment about this hotel because the rates are not that high and very good service from employees. They provide excellent service and varieties. One must not miss grabbing the fish fry here…its amazingly delicious. The reception too here is very cozy and all staff here.. are simply great  Thank you all.. would love to come here every time I visit UAE and hopefully stay as well. It was one of the best Indian food that I had during my stay in UAE 

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kavitha N
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Ms. Kavitha
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We refer to your recent visit to our Dakshin Restaurant and thank you for choosing us as while in Dubai.
We thank you for your encouraging comments regarding our services and facilities at our restaurant and happy to know about the experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

we have booked as 3 adults in one bed room, but we were given a room doesnt fit for even 2, hotel manager has done nothing so as the reception staff to help, there was no coffee,no tea, nor drinking water, and no water boiler , in general i will never come back again to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank HSN a

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities on Trip advisor website.

While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have noted your comments for our improvement and assure you that this would be taken up firmly with my team and corrective action initiated with immediate effect.

Kind regards,

Wajeed Bgawan

Reviewed October 23, 2012

stayed here for 3 nights on the way back to oz, got a good deal through wego and agoda, the hotel is in the older part of town but close enough to shops and places to eat, the metro station is a short walk away ( union ) there is an amusement park at the side of the hotel and a shopping mall over the road, when we booked we requested a non smoking room on the upper floors away from the nightclub and also a free airport transfer these requests were met but on the downside there was construction work being carried out in the lobby and next to the swimming pool and was very noisy and dusty, why can't wego or agoda put this on their web site???, our room had a problem with the hot water and the shower fixture but once reported to the reception it was rectified, I needed to use the wi-fi service and when enquired was told it was either 10AED for 1 hour or 50 for 24 hours, I used it for one hour and when checking out the price was now 25AED and has we were leaving and didn't have time to argue the point ( mini bus waiting ) overall the hotel was ok but was disappointed about the construction work going on and felt a little bit ripped off over the internet but the staff were friendly enough and the room was fine and the price was right. will try elsewhere next time in Dubai.

Room Tip: we stayed in 608 away from the nightclub noise and close to the pool, next floor up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perthstevePerth
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Mr. Perth,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!

At the outset let me thank you for choosing ‘Lotus Hotel' as your preferred residence address while at Dubai and for sharing your valuable feedback so that immediate corrective action could be taken from our end.

It is really unfortunate to know that noise and our internet iservices have disappointed your recent stay with us. Whilst I have already taken up this matter personally for a review on the fronts for a corrective action,I would be happy to extend you an upgrade to the next category of room inclusive of internet on your next reservation request and also offer the best competitive pricing.

Kindly forward your room reservation request to any of the following addresses below to avail the offer along with this mail as an attachment for reference.

cro@lotus-hospitality.com/ wajeed@lotus-hospitality.com/samuel@lotus-hospitality.com

Reviewed October 7, 2012

its a pleasure to write a comment about this hotel because the rates are not that high and very good service from employees.It has a nice bar and one Indian restaurant which is excellent service and varities.
The pool is little small but still good and i enjoied my drink from the pool
The day i checked in i asked housekeeping to change my bedsheet because by mistake i spill my pepsi in sheet and i was warried they will charge me but they did not charge me, they know its by mistake and its good attitude from management, I satyed in one hotels in Marina and they charged me for one small stain which come in carpet because i my son spill little coffe by mistake. That mony was unexpected for me and that time i decided i will not go back to that hotel again.But in lotus it is custamer service and i love this hote will visit again, good location very easy to reach

Room Tip: stay in Junior suits
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Mr.Sulaiman,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!

We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel iand thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.

I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I travel through Dubai every month too & from work.I always stay here as they have a good traditional bar & the staff are friendly & helpful. The rooms are very good as well as the price.
They have draught Guinness on tap & it is one of the best pints in Dubai.
There is a shopping mall across the road which has most things & plenty of places to eat close by.
I have ate in the bar & also in the indian restaurant & both are excellent. The bar gets quite busy later on @ night & there is always live music & a belly dancer on.
I brought my wife over last year for a week & she realy enjoyed staying here.
I am looking forward to going back to the Lotus in 3 weeks time.
I would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CyprusDonnaMark
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Mark,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!
We thank you for your kind comments regarding our services and facilities;I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.
While looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel, we assure you of our best services as always. In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2012

i stayed at this property for 6 nights in May 2011 while i was attending a travel exhibition, it was a very convenient location. small property, truly worth for the rate... well the Lobby bar is one of the main attractions :) friendly staff, clean, specious and well furnished rooms ideal for business travelers. they need Wi Fi to be installed... anyways it was a pleasant stay for me. Try it..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AmalYJ
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai!

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.
I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I have noted your comments on WiFi connectivity and am happy to inform you that we have already installed Wi fI connectivity in all our rooms.

Warm regards,