See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2008

What a dump! In the US, this would have been a one or two star hotel. We were greeted in the lobby by the thumping from a loud sleazy discotheque. The halls were poorly lit and not maintained. The room was in disrepair with torn and worn patches on the carpet and wallpaper. The bathroom was cramped and the shower spilled water all over the floor.

If you're on a tight budget, this place is cheap and clean. If you're looking for the Dubai luxury experience, though, you won't find it here.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I booked a deluxe room in Lotus hotel after reading very positive reviews on this site. But I must say it was a very disappointing experience. The room, while fairly sized, lacked basic comfort (I had to ask twice for the broken desk chair to be changed). Towels provided were not clean, and the room was not fixed before 5:30 pm for two days in a row. When I complained, the staff was not very helpful and excuses such as 'too much work' were provided.

Breakfast buffet is a joke. Quality of food is less than average, let alone the cleanness of the place

I've been to other hotels in Dubai, and even a two-stars like Ibis hotel provide a much higher level of service.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai !
We refer to your stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.
I have noted your comments and assure you of corrective action.I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look for our lobby, Bar, Coffee Shop, Rooms,etc.to ensure you have absolute comfort & luxury soon at our hotel!
Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities

Reviewed July 18, 2007

Quite simply a clean and well speced hotel in an excellent location for Mcdonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut etc. Easy to hail a taxi from outside. AlGhurair shopping center with a cinema is also v near by. The bed linen was changed daily and was v comfortable. We will be staying here again definitely.

The first room we had unfortunately had a mattress which sagged in the middle and the 1st night was a bit uncompfy. But we told them the next day and they changed our room without hesitation.

This was out 4th trip to Dubai and we have always stayed near Rigga Rd. It doesn't beat the Taj Palace, but then it is only 1/3 the price and 4/5 as good ! And is in a better location than the Taj. And yes, you could do far worse eg. the K Porte Inn on the opposite corner. It was a real hole. Thank almightly that we found Lotus !

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 5al33m

Reviewed July 11, 2007

This hotel was very faily prived and located very close to the airport. We booked the hotel from the airport and were not dissapointed. Its located within 5 minutes of the airport and there are a handfull of shopping centers within walking distance. There are many food options availiabe within a close proximity.

The service was excellent. From the monet we arrived, the staff treated us with courtesy and were more then helpful when asked for assistance. The beds were excellent and the bathrooms clean and large. The cable tv left alot to be desired. There was only a few static free channels and the tv was rather old.

Overall I left happy with the hotel. Though Dubai abounds with great hotels, the majority of them are very expensive and out of the reach of one like me. Lotus gave me a great value while allowing me to experience the pleasure Dubai has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled solo
4  Thank mahraja786

Greetings from Lotus Hotel, Dubai !
I refer to your stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.
I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look for our lobby, Bar, Coffee Shop, Rooms,etc.to ensure you have absolute comfort & luxury soon at our hotel!
While looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel Dubai, we assure you of our best services as always. In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.

Reviewed April 6, 2005

I arrived in Dubai with no reservations. Usually this is not a problem, but on this night everything was full. I asked the cab driver to drive around and try to find a decent room somewhere, and He recommended the Lotus. Formerly Howard Johnsons, I think, I was pleasantly surprised to find a very courteous staff, a very clean room, and a lively night club off the lobby open late with live music. The hotel is a short walk to Burger King and other places North Americans will recognize.
I will defintely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled on business
23  Thank lynnmatic

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Lotus Hotel , Dubai !
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities;
I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. It is the feedback from well wishers like you who make our associates strive even harder to achieve “service par excellence”.I am glad to inform you on the ongradation of our facilities with a complete new look in areas such as lobby, rooms, Bar, coffee shop, etc to ensure absolute comfort & luxury soon at our hotel.

Kind regards,