“Average”

Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel
Ranked #474 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Hotel has no wireless connection , very small and uncomfortable lobby bar, only some of the staff are hospitable. Hotel is not so comfortable, but location is not bad.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
LotusHotelDubai, General Manager at Sun & Sky Al Rigga Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Mr. Lilaiky,

Greetings from Lotus Hotel!
We refer to your recent stay at our Hotel and thank you for choosing us as your preferred residence while in Dubai.
I thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.While our endeavor is to make sure that all our guests have a truly memorable stay with us while in Dubai, it is the feedback from our well wishers like you which shows that we still have room for improvement. I have noted your comments on the Wi Fi services and am happy to inform you that Wifi is now available at our hotel.
I would also like to inform you that we are in process of upgrading all our facilities at the hotel with a new look and am sure our new lobby, rooms, Bar, Coffee Shop,etc. would be soon a very comfortable place for all our guests!

Meanwhile, I humbly request you not to compare or judge your stay with us as our general service standards and deter you from coming back to Lotus Hotel, Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Dubai, and would request you to extend us an opportunity to demonstrate our usual high standards of services and facilities.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

It was a first time when I came to UAE and I must say that I was very happy with this hotel. I received a recommendation from my girl friend which was in this hotel couple of years ago. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Also I like that we arrived earlier that we thought and we could have used use our room without any early check in fee.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrik1987

Dear Mr. Patrick,

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.

While looking forward to welcoming you back to Lotus Hotel,Dubai we assure you of our best services as always. In the meantime, of course, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues for any further information or assistance you may need.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is your pretty average hotel. I only chose it for its proximity of about 15-20 minutes to the airport and access to the Metro. I stayed in the suites which were quite nice only downside is the towels were not very clean. I had to be moved from the lower floor rooms which were close to the hotel disco which was pretty loud. The breakfast is very average and dinning room did not have a great ambience.
The other thing i loved is they have complimentary airport transfers.

Room Tip: Definitely on upper floors away from noisy disco
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.

I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I have noted your comments on the Towels, Breakfast and the noise of the Bar on the lower floors and assure you of improvement,corrective action with immediate effect. I am glad to inform you that we presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look to ensure you have a more comfortable place than before.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good location to airport with OK breakfast included. Pay for WIFI.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aussiecouple258

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.

I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look to ensure you have a more comfortable place than before.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed at this Hotel while transiting in dxb upon recommendation by emirates hotel ground staff.Very old hotel,old decor but spacious room. Would not gave stayed there if I knew what else was available and out there.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Zabs_6

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.

I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look for our lobby, Bar, Coffee Shop, Rooms,etc.to ensure you have absolute comfort & luxury soon at our hotel!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed for a night as I was transiting through Dubai, good location with restaurants close by and a shopping mall and Metro station, room was alright, no lcd tv, water from the shower was not contained properly, hence everytime you use the shower, water pours out to the bathroom floor, have suggested some ideas to the housekeeping, price is a bit expensive about US$125 a night, also I was given a used toothbrush in a packed condition, internet is about US$20 a night

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Selvakumar1971

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.
I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I have noted your comments on the shower and the water pouring out on the bathroom floor and assure you of corrective action with immediate effect.Menwhile,I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look for our lobby, Bar, Coffee Shop, Rooms,etc.to ensure you have absolute comfort & luxury soon at our hotel!

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is a truly bad property. The reception area is unimpressive, smallish, dated, tired.
The rooms are very basic, with old furniture, an ancient TV set, inadequate bathroom facilities. It is a hotel which remains untouched for the last 15/20 years.

The TV channel selection was extremely limited, there were no amenities at all in the room, the carpet was dirty, the beds squeak. Really, not a lot can be said in its favour other than they were nice enough to give me a free ride to the airport early one morning.

It is a pity because the hotel location is good, better than some of the 'modern' areas. It is more the real Dubai, a mixture of old shops, real restaurants, and a decent mall all within walking distance. There are, of course, much better hotels in the same area as the Lotus and in the same category.

The Lotus is a no go-zone and should only be used as a last resort. On top of that, it was anything but cheap for what was on offer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank EZT

We thank you for your comments regarding our services and facilities.
I am sure your feedback will motivate all of us to work harder towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I have noted your comments on rooms, Tv channels and assure you of corrective action with immediate effect.I am glad to inform you that we are presently in the process of upgradation of our facilities with a complete new look for our lobby, Bar, Coffee Shop, Rooms,etc.to ensure you have absolute new comfort & luxury soon at our hotel!