“Extremely friendly, great food and setting”
Review of Studio du Chef - CLOSED

Studio du Chef
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Extremely friendly, great food and setting”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the indoor open kitchen, nicely laid out though we were very early so little action to see. Staff were very friendly and helpful, imaginative presentation with a nice combination of classical French and modern international. Extensive wine list, nice cheese board.

The manager was genuinely interested in us and our opinion (not always the case in the automatic "is everything ok?" Of many venues in Dubai.

Visited December 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Lovely terrace setting with a limited but delicious menu”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just had dinner at Studio du Chef and even though it was just a few hours ago I was sitting at their lovely terrace setting I cannot get the delicious tastes out of my head. As another reviewer mentioned, I was greeted by staff with a huge and sincere smile. The decoration is very minimalist and the open kitchen concept is kicked up a notch by the close up cameras positioned above the brigade to see the action from a totally different perspective.

I went for the sea bass ceviche more out of curiosity than anything because I could barely fathom a French restaurant offering a typically South American recipe in its menu and I can safely say it was a very tasty treat.

Main course was a difficult choice as well but I ended up going for sea bass as well. Again, curiosity played a part and led me to a revelation. The zucchini filled with eggplant "caviar" helped me prove to myself that I had always regarded eggplant in a wrong light. I am now a fan. The sauce served with this main course is just amazing.

Service was excellent, many thanks to Santhosh for a lovely evening and plenty of attention. His explanations and recommendations were without fail.

Overall I consider this the best out of the three French restaurants I have visited in Dubai. I very much look forward to the next visit to this place.

• Visited October 2013
“The "Bistronomique"”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Maybe you still haven't tried this new venue in Dubai as it has just opened. The Studio du Chef is one of the 8 restaurants of the New Sofitel The Palm. The french staff receives you with a smile as soon as you enter the place (which is not always the case in Dubai), while being escorted to your table you will admire this incredible open kitchen displayed in a semi circular way allowing guts to also sit around it and to see how the chef and his "Brigade" write the notes of your preferred dish. The menu offers a nice selection of starters, my heart went for the Foie Gras . A real delight, probably the best ever tasted in this region of the world. Cooked "au torch on" with a splendid brioche. The most incredible is that the taste was devine even without the usual sauterne of other spirit foie gras carries. Just perfect to start my journey. We tried some tasty Ravioles de Langoustines, cooked at the perfection (not always easy with Ravioles) I would maybe slightly amend the sauce with some more "foamy" court bouillon in order to enhance the Langoustines but very good anyhow.
Then my choice (suggested by Gwen) fell on the Duo d'Agneau , lam chops and lamb filet served on a brown veloute sauce. Cooked as a marvel , very tasty.
To end my dinner we shared a very good Pistache Catalan Creme, and even if neither I nor my friend are desert fans we finished .... just excellent.
Overall a delightful experience for a brand new restaurant, only gives me the envy to go back soon again. Unfortunately this was a dry night for me but next time I will go for some red french as I was told the cellar has a great choice.
By the way the steakhouse looks absolutely magnificent ! but thats going to be my next culinary adventure...
Well done ! what a start !!!

• Visited August 2013