“2 star hotel not 4 star”

Ramada Continental Hotel
Ranked #424 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I was there with my family for 3 nights and we reserved 2 rooms one should be double bed for me and my wife and another should be twin for my 2 children but when they arrived they give us 2 doublebed room one room in the north side of 2th floor and another in the south! we said we are a family and our room should be close to each other but after some hour the give us another room at the 2th floor just a liitle bit nearer.room service was't good becuase when they brought us a cup of milk there was something floating in it and another time there was a small part of hair in the cup of milk.They gave no time any newspaper to us and the price of eeverything in the mini bar was very expensive for example a bottle of water in the shops was 1 derham but in the hotel was 12 derham!Foods was very aweful and one of the servants in the resturan was very rude and untaught person becaus one dat in the breakfast he brought for us 3 cup instead of 4 becuase we were 4 person and after 3 or 4 mentions he brought a cup without any appologize and again at the same time in another day he forgot to bring for us a spoon!another example was about intenet usning in the lobby when I asked one of the servants he said it is free of charge if we want to use internet but after 10 minutes the reception warned me it is not free and I had to pay 30 derhams without any logical reason.I'm very unsatisfied of this hotel and don't recommand to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank aghili2003

Reviewed September 11, 2009

It was a really good hotel.The rooms were spacious and well serviced and immaculately clean.The buffet meals were really good offering a variety of dishes including indian food and sea food.The only problem was that when we wanted to check out,they charged us for a chocolate saying that we had used the chocolate in the mini bar!!! The truth was that there was no chocolate in the mini bar when we had checked in.Anyway,this was the trick of the hotel and other passengers had faced the same problem.So just keep in mind to check all the items in the mini bar as soon as you arrive otherwise you have to pay for missing stuff.The hotel's location was quite good.It was close to the airport.We had no problem finding taxis.The swimming pool was also on the roof top and was worth using.There was also a gym that we didn't use.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank S0-A
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We arrived as a family of four at this hotel, did not realise it was in the middle of a construction site! We had already paid for two rooms through a website as it was better value. When we arrived the hotel said that they had no details of the payment and we had to pay again, As you can appreciate i was furious, but we did not have an alternative so we ended up paying again and it was over £800.00 more than we had already paid. My husband spoke to the management daily and at the end of our time there they refunded us, but we were short of £125.54! I am trying to get this money back. Would never stay there again or recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed March 26, 2009

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed March 18, 2008

A group of us (6) checked into the hotel on Thursday morning around 6am -we checked out again on Sunday morning at 10am.

I went to settle my bill and found to my horror that they had charged me for 4 nights stay.

I asked why this was so - the receptionist stated because we had checked in early we had to pay for four nights instead of three.

I asked to see the manager who stated that this was their policy.
Eventually got it sorted. Hotel too far from other Dubai activities - place is like a building site.There is a note in the rooms to this effect. Concierge staff excellent .Dirty water in rooms - no tea and coffee making facilities - drinks in bar subject to 10 % municipal tax and 10% service charge- you only know when your bill is presented. Owner of hotel has 5 cars underneath his hotel - Aston Martin , Ferrari, Toyotal Prado etc.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank michelleberyl
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 3nights/4days to attend a conference in Burj Al Arab Hotel last week. Seems like staying in a 3-4 star hotel . Rooms are not that spacious but functional. It has comfortable beds, adequate mini bar and an LCD television. Airconditioning was satisfactory. Breakfast buffet not bad but the coffee shop can be chaotic at times when hotel guests arrive at the same time. Staff are multi racial who provide decent service. The place however is quite far from the major attractions. Traffic during peak hours only make it worse. Over all satisfied with what the hotel can offer. For me it is not a bad choice whether it is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank doctorfoxtrot
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Inadvertantly booked the Ramada Continental online, due to rates. Roughly $132 a night, inclusive of Internet Access and Breakfast, good deal for Dubai.

Upon arrival, realized I'd stayed here the last time with tumultuous results.

1st Trip: My colleague and I arrived in Dubai after 14+ hours in Economy, from NYC. Had a few beverages at Blues and Cues (Sports Bar) on the Mezzanine Floor. Which, unfortunatley I happened to be staying directly above the bar. Loud, base felt in the bed, while sleeping. Ugh, breakfast included, but not until 6am, left at 5am. Horrble experience 1 Star.

2nd Trip - Inadvertant Reservation
Booked 'em the 2nd time, because I didn't think, and didn't reckon it was the same place. They offer a shuttle service from the airport, which I highly recommend, saves you the 40+ DHM from the airport taxi, and they meet you right after customs in the arrivals hall. Check in was a pain, I'd reserved on Ramada.com, and got the $132 inclusive rate for Internet, Airport Transfer, and Breakfast, unfortunately most hotels charge you 100 - 125 dirhams for the Internet access, poor wireless at that. Argued that it was inclusive with my reservation, which I had to prove, rather than included in their reservation system. Watch out, they charge you for everything. After sorting out the Internet Challenge, and assuring a "quiet room" everything was smooth. No airport transfers before 6am, but a taxi at that time of the mornng is inexpensive comparatively.

All in all, I'd rate the Ramada a 2.5 out of 5, C rating. Give you the basics, rooms are old, but clean, and the staff is nice. Unfortunately Customer Service is still being learned, as most are Philipino or Indian expats working here, still trying to learn the aspects of International Customer Service, though they are adamant about improving, and learning new skills.

For a night/late/early meetings in Dubai, without all of the glitz, it's a pretty good bargain.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sean_Owens