“A wonderful stay”

Ramada Continental Hotel
Ranked #419 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 11, 2009

It was a really good hotel.The rooms were spacious and well serviced and immaculately clean.The buffet meals were really good offering a variety of dishes including indian food and sea food.The only problem was that when we wanted to check out,they charged us for a chocolate saying that we had used the chocolate in the mini bar!!! The truth was that there was no chocolate in the mini bar when we had checked in.Anyway,this was the trick of the hotel and other passengers had faced the same problem.So just keep in mind to check all the items in the mini bar as soon as you arrive otherwise you have to pay for missing stuff.The hotel's location was quite good.It was close to the airport.We had no problem finding taxis.The swimming pool was also on the roof top and was worth using.There was also a gym that we didn't use.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank S0-A

Reviewed May 27, 2009

We arrived as a family of four at this hotel, did not realise it was in the middle of a construction site! We had already paid for two rooms through a website as it was better value. When we arrived the hotel said that they had no details of the payment and we had to pay again, As you can appreciate i was furious, but we did not have an alternative so we ended up paying again and it was over £800.00 more than we had already paid. My husband spoke to the management daily and at the end of our time there they refunded us, but we were short of £125.54! I am trying to get this money back. Would never stay there again or recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed March 26, 2009

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed March 18, 2008

A group of us (6) checked into the hotel on Thursday morning around 6am -we checked out again on Sunday morning at 10am.

I went to settle my bill and found to my horror that they had charged me for 4 nights stay.

I asked why this was so - the receptionist stated because we had checked in early we had to pay for four nights instead of three.

I asked to see the manager who stated that this was their policy.
Eventually got it sorted. Hotel too far from other Dubai activities - place is like a building site.There is a note in the rooms to this effect. Concierge staff excellent .Dirty water in rooms - no tea and coffee making facilities - drinks in bar subject to 10 % municipal tax and 10% service charge- you only know when your bill is presented. Owner of hotel has 5 cars underneath his hotel - Aston Martin , Ferrari, Toyotal Prado etc.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank michelleberyl
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 3nights/4days to attend a conference in Burj Al Arab Hotel last week. Seems like staying in a 3-4 star hotel . Rooms are not that spacious but functional. It has comfortable beds, adequate mini bar and an LCD television. Airconditioning was satisfactory. Breakfast buffet not bad but the coffee shop can be chaotic at times when hotel guests arrive at the same time. Staff are multi racial who provide decent service. The place however is quite far from the major attractions. Traffic during peak hours only make it worse. Over all satisfied with what the hotel can offer. For me it is not a bad choice whether it is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank doctorfoxtrot
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Inadvertantly booked the Ramada Continental online, due to rates. Roughly $132 a night, inclusive of Internet Access and Breakfast, good deal for Dubai.

Upon arrival, realized I'd stayed here the last time with tumultuous results.

1st Trip: My colleague and I arrived in Dubai after 14+ hours in Economy, from NYC. Had a few beverages at Blues and Cues (Sports Bar) on the Mezzanine Floor. Which, unfortunatley I happened to be staying directly above the bar. Loud, base felt in the bed, while sleeping. Ugh, breakfast included, but not until 6am, left at 5am. Horrble experience 1 Star.

2nd Trip - Inadvertant Reservation
Booked 'em the 2nd time, because I didn't think, and didn't reckon it was the same place. They offer a shuttle service from the airport, which I highly recommend, saves you the 40+ DHM from the airport taxi, and they meet you right after customs in the arrivals hall. Check in was a pain, I'd reserved on Ramada.com, and got the $132 inclusive rate for Internet, Airport Transfer, and Breakfast, unfortunately most hotels charge you 100 - 125 dirhams for the Internet access, poor wireless at that. Argued that it was inclusive with my reservation, which I had to prove, rather than included in their reservation system. Watch out, they charge you for everything. After sorting out the Internet Challenge, and assuring a "quiet room" everything was smooth. No airport transfers before 6am, but a taxi at that time of the mornng is inexpensive comparatively.

All in all, I'd rate the Ramada a 2.5 out of 5, C rating. Give you the basics, rooms are old, but clean, and the staff is nice. Unfortunately Customer Service is still being learned, as most are Philipino or Indian expats working here, still trying to learn the aspects of International Customer Service, though they are adamant about improving, and learning new skills.

For a night/late/early meetings in Dubai, without all of the glitz, it's a pretty good bargain.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sean_Owens
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I stayed here on a business trip. I decided to come here as it was a shorter journey time to get to Burj Dubai then from the Jumeria beach hotels.

I have stayed at a few of the beach hotels and this place is definately not to that standard but it is very good anyway. I was first of all very pleased with the excellent service from all staff I recieved here.

Secondly, the rooms were very spacious, and functional, abeit a little dark.

Thirdly the rooftop swimming pool and gym facilties is a nice touch. If I could only of taken a sickie that would be a perfect way to spend the whole day. The Hotel is very close to the airport the plane noise was a little loud on the rooftop, I live near London Heathrow so I did'nt mind.

If I were a tourist and I was going to book this hotel, I would stop and look at other places closer to the tourist traps like Jemeria Beach. The reason being is your location, you have the Deira shopping areas close by and that about it, please book your trip closer to the beach areas.

If your trip is for business purposes and you are based around the Bank Street, Burg Dubai or Deira areas then book this hotel now, it is a real find for business travellers.

Well done Ramada.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank AJT1976