“nice but strange customers...”

The Carlton Tower Hotel
Ranked #319 of 547 Hotels in Dubai
Geneva, Switzerland
“nice but strange customers...”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is a nice hotel
the breakfast is good
the rooms are clean, a little small but ok.

I just had a bad experience: I had to go to the reception to ask something.
then as I was going back to my room, in the elevator, one of the customers said to me: "are you from Russia, do you want to come in my room, tell me how much do you take".....

even if you wear a blue jeans and sport shoes (it was my case), I mean relax clothes, this was a little bit "surprising", I presume I should take this like a compliment?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia L
Vidya A, Director Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Response from our Vice President & Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them .

Vice President &Group General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked the hotel just for one night just because we needed an extra night in the city. The price was very low(less than $70/night) and I was not expecting a good service. How wrong I was... The hotel is located in busy area and close to stores, restaurants and Baniyas Square Subway station. The staff at the hotel was very friendly ; the check-in process was very fast. Our passports were held at th desk for couple of hours untill they process the information(it is something normal in many hotels in Dubai). To my pleasant surprise they did not have the room I requested and they upgraded the request to wonderfull suite. The suite was very spacious , with livving room and bedroom. The rooms were clean and spotless.
Will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vidya A, Director Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Response from our Vice President &Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review about our Hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

I look forward to your next visit and to a chance of meeting you personally here.

Irvine, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

we spent 5 days at this hotel and the hotels and the room and stuff were not bad and not good for 4 stars hotel . we were there in April 2006.
Everything is average in this hotel its just suitable for people that want a average hotel to sleep only , the location is not good its in a bussiness area of dubai that is crowded and almost have no attraction near there Finally i dont recommend it !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything is average in this hotel its just suitable for people that want a not expansive and average hotel to sleep only , the location is not good its in a bussiness area of dubai that is crowded and almost have no attraction near there
Finally i dont recommend it !

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank shayan1363

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked it via booking.com,but when came to the hotel they haven't found our booking. So we re-booked another room. That was also given without cleaning with dirty sheets. Until I didnt ask tjey were not changed and even not the same day , but the next day.Next what I didn't like there the rooms were too small in photos they are shown bigger. We got our buggage after the second call and reminding the reception regarding it. Though it brought after 40 minutes. So I would not suggest it for people who love comfort

• Stayed August 2013

Abuja
Reviewed June 24, 2013

we spent three days at this hotel and the experience was very refreshing. The hotel location is excellent, staff very polite and efficient. I particularly enjoyed the Indian dancing club. A looking forward for a return visit to Dubai, and the Carlton towers hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the creek have lovely sight.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vidya A, Director Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great hotel to stay at. On the river(creek) with pleasant views (I chose the riverview side). Room was large and well appointed. The bathroom was a little "tired" but very clean. The staff always friendly and helpful. The breakfast and lunch buffet was excellent. You are walking distance to the Gold, fur and spice Souks and many older/market style shops. There are a few bars in the hotel with live music in the evening. Also not far from the airport.

Room Tip: The view of the river is pretty good - choose those rooms for an additional price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ians_Traveladventure
Vidya A, Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013