“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #326 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Goronto
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed last month at this hotel. Great very pleasant staff. Comfortable rooms. Going back to stay there again. Very convenient and central locatio for shopping. Go for night stroll on the creek or markets.

Room Tip: To avoid the noise from the club stay at higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vidya A, Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Response from our Vice President &Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review about our Hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

I look forward to your next visit and to a chance of meeting you personally here.

Vice President & Group General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Czech first
Bamako, Mali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for a new years trip because didn't want to be on the beach and wanted to be close to both shopping and heritage sites because I knew if I stayed at the beach I wouldn't do any of those. The room was uncomfortably small. The service was great though. One day (NYE day) they forgot to clean the room and when called the front desk got towels replace immediately. When I returned from NYE party the room had been cleaned and even towels replaced again. There are some good drivers that are on call that are trustworthy so getting to and from the NYE parties on the beach was not difficult although traffic was insane. The gym was pathetic. The machines while eco friendly as they were not powered by electricity, were just flimsy. The free weight section was pathetic. The pool was nice size and there was ample lounging area. Overall it was a small dingy room that smelled like smoke and mildew even though I requested non smoking, but the service was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Response from our Vice President & Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them and will be looking into updating the Gym .

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Once again, never disapointed. Stayed for a couple of days only this time round with my brother. Excellent, enjoyable stay. Rooms were tidy, fresh looking with comfortable beds. Staff were always helpful. Cheaper and more choice to eat outside the hotel.
You cannot beat the central location of this hotel in the heart of Deira. The only negative point for me was the opening hours of the swimming pool/gym (9.00am to 6.00pm). I like to have my swim early morning before breakfast and late evening, but this restriction was a little annoying.
Again, I never booked my stay with the hotel directly, but through a third party tour operator at the airport as i arrived in dubai. Alot cheaper than hotel price, but depends on availability.
I recommend this hotel for anyone. I will try to find a good deal for my immediate family at this hotel next time I travel.

Room Tip: avoid floors nearer to nightclub floor. If you can, try to get a room facing the creek for an excell...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vidya A, Director- Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Carlton Tower Hotel from Feb 21st through Feb 28th. After researching the many hotels in Dubai and various locations, I knew I wanted to stay near Dubai Creek. With the option of Creek View rooms, and location, I decided on this hotel…and it was a great decision.

The Staff – Very friendly. Every day we were met with warm smiles and greetings. The doormen did their job to perfection and were always inviting when leaving and returning to the hotel. If we needed a taxi, they would flag one down for us and opened every car door us. The maid service was always quick to supply clean towels and tidy up our room daily. The coordinator at the front desk was very helpful in assisting us with booking a Boat Dinner Tour and Desert Excursion (which I highly recommend). We didn’t come across anyone who didn’t have a smile on their face.

The Hotel – Very Clean and Inviting. We booked a King Bed room with a Creek View, which was very clean and cozy. The view was perfect! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on and the pillows were not your ordinary hotel pillows…they were better than what I use at home (plus, we had 4 pillows…not just the normal 2 that is usually provided in other hotels). We did not buy the Breakfast package, but did pay for it a couple mornings. It is your normal buffet style breakfast with a variety of options to choose from including fruits, breads and pastries, cereal, vegetables, juice and coffee…not extravagant, but still good. The room service is 24 hours a day and a very good choice if you’re wanting to stay in. They deliver good size portions and variety of food, desserts and drinks at a reasonable price. We did not use the pool; however, it looked clean well kept. There is also a poolside bar, to which you can sit outside and enjoy a relaxing evening. The hotel also has a restaurant and night club on one of the upper floors, along with a lounge in the lobby. The internet was fast and reliable, both in our room and in the lobby. The hotel does not have an ATM, but there is one located in the next building over.

Location – Perfect! The hotel is right along Dubai Creek which offers an amazing view of the city day and night. You can catch a taxi just outside the hotel lobby, or walk about 3 min to the nearest Metro Station. There are dozens of shops, small restaurants, a grocery store and pharmacy just around the corner, along with your normal fast food places like McDonalds. The Gold Souk is just a 10 min walk from the hotel, along with the Boat Taxis that can transport you across Dubai Creek.

Overall, the decision to stay at the Carlton Tower Hotel was a great one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dubai, who is looking for a great location, great service and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Book a Creek View Room, if possible. The window will be locked, but all it takes is a call to the fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

New Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Carlton Tower Dubai to attend a business meet. Booking was made via Blackberry Travel almost 2 weeks before my arrival date - January 28, 2013. Much to my disappointment, the room was not ready. Finally when the room was ready, I was ushered in after half an hour.
The room was too small with a very bad view from the window ( overlooking some apartment ) and you were forced to see garments drying on line. The size of the window was too small.
The room was ill lit and in case one decided to read, it was virtually imposible to read in the available light.
Creek View Rooms were being offered with a surcharge of ADE 100 !!!
No breakfast was included in the room rates being offered at the Travel site ( Not a normal practice for hotel ) which forced me to go for breakfast by paying
My experience at their terrace restaurant was horrible. It took them ages to deliver the beer that we requested and the Chicken Tikka ordered by us appeared straight from Alaska. The chicken was almost woody in appearance, taste and softness

Room Tip: Insist on Higher Floor rooms with creek view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vidya A, Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Response from our Vice President & Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them .

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from a brief stay. We arrived very early in the morning with check in not due until 2pm. By 10.30 the room was ready and the staff had tracked us down to the pool and we were in our room. Late check out was arranged too. The room was clean and tidy and they even remembered to bring extra towels for our third person without being asked - this is a first. Rooms were large enough to accommodate 3 comfortably although the hotel is now a little tired. Free Wifi in the lobby worked really well. The food was what it was and convenient and the pool was good.

The location is superb with the Metro within a 5 minute stroll, we even took the Metro back to the airport and it delivers you within 2 minutes of check-in. Walking along the Creek to the souks and shops was great for eating - if you stay on the beach you are limited to the very expensive hotel experience.

Great value for money in a place that can be very expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms up to floor 3 could be noisy from the night club.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We handed staying at the Carlton Tower, in Dubai, because most of the hotels were full. It was not our first choice. The hotel is very old, and the rooms really need to be refreshed. Breakfast was not great either. Not good value for money. We are not recommending it!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple