“Great Location, Service and Relaxing Stay!!”

The Carlton Tower Hotel
Ranked #318 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Location, Service and Relaxing Stay!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Carlton Tower Hotel from Feb 21st through Feb 28th. After researching the many hotels in Dubai and various locations, I knew I wanted to stay near Dubai Creek. With the option of Creek View rooms, and location, I decided on this hotel…and it was a great decision.

The Staff – Very friendly. Every day we were met with warm smiles and greetings. The doormen did their job to perfection and were always inviting when leaving and returning to the hotel. If we needed a taxi, they would flag one down for us and opened every car door us. The maid service was always quick to supply clean towels and tidy up our room daily. The coordinator at the front desk was very helpful in assisting us with booking a Boat Dinner Tour and Desert Excursion (which I highly recommend). We didn’t come across anyone who didn’t have a smile on their face.

The Hotel – Very Clean and Inviting. We booked a King Bed room with a Creek View, which was very clean and cozy. The view was perfect! The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on and the pillows were not your ordinary hotel pillows…they were better than what I use at home (plus, we had 4 pillows…not just the normal 2 that is usually provided in other hotels). We did not buy the Breakfast package, but did pay for it a couple mornings. It is your normal buffet style breakfast with a variety of options to choose from including fruits, breads and pastries, cereal, vegetables, juice and coffee…not extravagant, but still good. The room service is 24 hours a day and a very good choice if you’re wanting to stay in. They deliver good size portions and variety of food, desserts and drinks at a reasonable price. We did not use the pool; however, it looked clean well kept. There is also a poolside bar, to which you can sit outside and enjoy a relaxing evening. The hotel also has a restaurant and night club on one of the upper floors, along with a lounge in the lobby. The internet was fast and reliable, both in our room and in the lobby. The hotel does not have an ATM, but there is one located in the next building over.

Location – Perfect! The hotel is right along Dubai Creek which offers an amazing view of the city day and night. You can catch a taxi just outside the hotel lobby, or walk about 3 min to the nearest Metro Station. There are dozens of shops, small restaurants, a grocery store and pharmacy just around the corner, along with your normal fast food places like McDonalds. The Gold Souk is just a 10 min walk from the hotel, along with the Boat Taxis that can transport you across Dubai Creek.

Overall, the decision to stay at the Carlton Tower Hotel was a great one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dubai, who is looking for a great location, great service and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Book a Creek View Room, if possible. The window will be locked, but all it takes is a call to the fr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vidya A, Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Response from our Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review about our Hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

I look forward to your next visit and to a chance of meeting you personally here.

Group General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
New Delhi
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Carlton Tower Dubai to attend a business meet. Booking was made via Blackberry Travel almost 2 weeks before my arrival date - January 28, 2013. Much to my disappointment, the room was not ready. Finally when the room was ready, I was ushered in after half an hour.
The room was too small with a very bad view from the window ( overlooking some apartment ) and you were forced to see garments drying on line. The size of the window was too small.
The room was ill lit and in case one decided to read, it was virtually imposible to read in the available light.
Creek View Rooms were being offered with a surcharge of ADE 100 !!!
No breakfast was included in the room rates being offered at the Travel site ( Not a normal practice for hotel ) which forced me to go for breakfast by paying
My experience at their terrace restaurant was horrible. It took them ages to deliver the beer that we requested and the Chicken Tikka ordered by us appeared straight from Alaska. The chicken was almost woody in appearance, taste and softness

Room Tip: Insist on Higher Floor rooms with creek view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vidya A, Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Response from our Vice President & Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them .

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from a brief stay. We arrived very early in the morning with check in not due until 2pm. By 10.30 the room was ready and the staff had tracked us down to the pool and we were in our room. Late check out was arranged too. The room was clean and tidy and they even remembered to bring extra towels for our third person without being asked - this is a first. Rooms were large enough to accommodate 3 comfortably although the hotel is now a little tired. Free Wifi in the lobby worked really well. The food was what it was and convenient and the pool was good.

The location is superb with the Metro within a 5 minute stroll, we even took the Metro back to the airport and it delivers you within 2 minutes of check-in. Walking along the Creek to the souks and shops was great for eating - if you stay on the beach you are limited to the very expensive hotel experience.

Great value for money in a place that can be very expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms up to floor 3 could be noisy from the night club.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We handed staying at the Carlton Tower, in Dubai, because most of the hotels were full. It was not our first choice. The hotel is very old, and the rooms really need to be refreshed. Breakfast was not great either. Not good value for money. We are not recommending it!!

1 Thank kifita485

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is situated on the Creek close to everything, and one of the older Dubai hotels, which one day will be replaced by a non-descript high-rise, so enjoy while you can! Things change fast in Dubai. Good rooms, friendly staff and service. Good cost/benefit. Convenient and homely.

Room Tip: Ask for Creek-view and non-smoking.
1 Thank Mogens D

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and our stay was a nice one. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly, room was upgraded upon arrival and the view to the river was really special especially in the evening. The location is good - You can easily walk to the souks and even a water taxi station isa minutes walk away. Breakfast was normal, prices O.K.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikatheFinn
Vidya A, Director Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Response from our Vice President &Group General Manager:

Vice President & Group General Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I wanted to stay @ this hotel for my 3 days Dubai visit. But failed to book at all ... because the telephone guys (operator, sales team as well as receptionist ... ALL three people) were SO uncooperative that I had to finally drop the idea of booking with Carlton completely !! This was after a total of 7 phone calls from my side ... guess the front-office people aren't interested in entertaining any guests ...

Vice President &Group General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels