The Carlton Tower Hotel
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$413
$342
Jumeirah.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$269
$222
  • Pool
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$272
$243
$1,476
$1,300
Agoda.com
All reviewsdubai creekcreek viewbaniyas squarean older hoteleating jointsspecial ratebusiness visitunion metro stationpoolside barolder partmain roadwalking distancenice swimming poolhotel is locatedbreakfast was excellentrooms are comfortablereception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Found the staff to be fantastically helpful and professional. I stayed with my two daughters and we were given a suite to sleep 3 at a very reasonable rate.

The view of the creek was lovely.

The hotel is under renovation at the moment.

My gripes are the swimming pool had bird feathers in it which means it wasn't cleaned that often and the breakfast buffet was basic.

The location is great with plenty of taxis, close to the water taxi, metro and a 24hr Standard Chartered ATM with helpful security guard.

Reading the older posts, please note the hotel is being renovated and they must have addressed their staffing issues.

Stayed during Ramadan and there was no nightclub on lower floor - not sure about how noisy it would be otherwise.

Reception arranged desert safaris and taxis for us.

Wifi in reception only but free.

Would stay at this hotel again - cannot praise the staff enough - they were all wonderfully polite and helpful - and made our stay very worthwhile.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the creek. Ask about suites if you need more room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Vidya A, Grooup Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review about our Hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

Your feedback has already been taken into account for making our service better and I look forward to your next visit and to a chance of meeting you personally here.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great value for money, location, staff were very helpful. Free wifi was very handy at lobby
. An overall lovely stay. Would definitely recommend and return.

. The rooms were clean and bathroom was quite big. ... .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Group General Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great value for money, location, staff were very helpful. Free wifi was very handy. An overall lovely stay. Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Get to the pool early or you won't get a sunbed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Based on your feedback , we have added to the number of sun beds so as to facilitate guests.

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Read recent reviews and they mention poor reception service - it hasn't got any better as of may 2012, was sent to 3 rooms before getting one that was either not occupied or type ordered.

The Indian restaurant is a disgrace. Had a glass of wine was advised to take a bottle as it was cheaper - I did this with intention of taking to room what I did not finish. After only having approx half of it was then told I could not take it to room - complete rip off. Avoid this place at all costs,

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank fred s
Vidya A, Group Director Rooms. at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them.

I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again .

I look forward to a chance of meeting you personally here.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

ATTENTION: THIS REVIEW CONCERN 2005 YEAR. Location: in the old city center on the gulf - very convenient. As well as the pool on the roof. In 2005 the hotel was so-so. We had HB. The choice in buffet restaurant was not so good. The room was in need. In general all middling. Hope today hotel perfect itself.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms . at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

I would like to inform you that since then , that is since 2005 , the Hotel has been completely renovated and refurbished. We have also upgraded all our outlets and hope that you would stay with us again to experience the changes .

I look forward to a chance of meeting you personally here.