“Very Good Hotel”

The Carlton Tower Hotel
Ranked #322 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great value for money, location, staff were very helpful. Free wifi was very handy at lobby
. An overall lovely stay. Would definitely recommend and return.

. The rooms were clean and bathroom was quite big. ... .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review about our Hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us !

I look forward to your next visit and to a chance of meeting you personally here.

There are newer reviews for The Carlton Tower Hotel

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great value for money, location, staff were very helpful. Free wifi was very handy. An overall lovely stay. Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Get to the pool early or you won't get a sunbed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Based on your feedback , we have added to the number of sun beds so as to facilitate guests.

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Read recent reviews and they mention poor reception service - it hasn't got any better as of may 2012, was sent to 3 rooms before getting one that was either not occupied or type ordered.

The Indian restaurant is a disgrace. Had a glass of wine was advised to take a bottle as it was cheaper - I did this with intention of taking to room what I did not finish. After only having approx half of it was then told I could not take it to room - complete rip off. Avoid this place at all costs,

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank fred s
Vidya A, Group Director Rooms. at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring your observations to my notice. We have taken steps immediately related to them.

I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again .

Reviewed April 16, 2012

ATTENTION: THIS REVIEW CONCERN 2005 YEAR. Location: in the old city center on the gulf - very convenient. As well as the pool on the roof. In 2005 the hotel was so-so. We had HB. The choice in buffet restaurant was not so good. The room was in need. In general all middling. Hope today hotel perfect itself.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vidya A, Group Director - Rooms . at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

I would like to inform you that since then , that is since 2005 , the Hotel has been completely renovated and refurbished. We have also upgraded all our outlets and hope that you would stay with us again to experience the changes .

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel has excellent location, being an indian we wr a bit uncomfortable wid d morning breakfast, but the chef tried to cook indian. Overall excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I prefer to stay there for business trip to Dubai as it has good location & normal service.

Room Tip: Upper levels have better views and less noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Carlton Tower is ideally placed with a short 5 min stroll to the Gold and Spice markets. The river is across the road so position is excellent. Problem is that the reception staff look like they have been told the world will end in a few months. Never seen such a miserable group of people. The concierge though was excellent. I was told by reception that I had to pay the bill on checkout and the woman was quite rude. Then she realised that my company was paying the bill and simply grunted. No apology

The rooms are adequate and quite large and for the rate they are good for value. Bit used looking but I would stay there again.

At the moment it is a 3.5 star hotel. Cheer the reception staff up and tell them that it is them that the customer sees first and you will have a 5 star. So easy to fix the problem but someone isn't getting it. Some people look but don't actually see.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Vidya A, Grooup Director - Rooms at The Carlton Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Response from our Group General Manager:

I would like to inform you that the feedback was taken very constructively and we have taken steps immediately related to them.

I surely hope it would not deter you from staying with us again .