“Great Chinese” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Great Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

A Chinese chef friend invited me to dinner in Gold Roaster Chinese Restaurant.
We dined in the private room with our personal waitress (typical Chinese). I have to admit the food and service is fantastic. The restaurant is open 24 hours so if your feeling hungry in the middle of the night, this is perfect.
The dim sum is really spot on, quality and flavor reminded me of the time I lived in China for 3 years.
For sure I will be returning an bringing friends with me.
Keep up the good work and is great to have authentic Chinese made and served by Chinese and not Indians.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Variety of Choice - HK and Singapore Kind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was recommended by my colleague. It take less than 1/2 hrs fr Dubai City. Good thing is you don't have to find any car park, just leave it to the hotel attendant to take care of it which is a good point as the Restaurant located inside the Hotel Samaya. You need to take the lift 1 level up.

The ambient of this restaurant pretty bright and clean, spacious and been greet by the mngt and the waitress as well. When you step in, you feel like you at HK/Singapore because of the deco.

There is 2 menu, the "Dim Sum" and Ala Carte. There have plenty of choice to choose from.
Overall we try few and the taste pretty good compare to others with reasonable price. (Refer picture)

Definitely will try their others dishes :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Must Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

A friend introduced me to this restaurant so I gave it a try with my family....

Its situated on the first floor of Samaya hotel so you can either have your car valet parked or just use one of the several parking on the street.

After been to numerous Chinese Restaurants in Dubai, I was surprised to see this one so clean with a little bit of Malaysian/Singapore look.... I later found out that it is run by a Malaysian.

We ordered various Dim Sum and roast duck noodle (dry) and roast duck rice....The rice was aromatic rice...

The dim sum especially the Cheong Fun was delicious (hard to find a restaurant where they prepare the sauce like in Singapore/Malaysia). The rice and noodle was very tasty too (the sauce of the noodle was a little to salty for my wife though).

Price is reasonable and cash only....

All in all it was more than satisfying. I am really glad I found this place, I will definitely come here again whenever I can to try the other dishes.

• Visited June 2013