“Excellent food, but service could improve” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Jade

Blue Jade
Ranked #81 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: A contemporary restaurant that celebrates Asian cuisine by taking you on a journey throughout the East. The cuisine combines authentic flavors with a contemporary style and sushi station in the center of the restaurant, creating an ultimate Asian dining experience. Dinner: from 6pm until 11pm - Sushi-licious: every Sunday from 6pm until 11pm
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent food, but service could improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had very high hopes for this praised restaurant, and in terms food we were very satisfied. The service was not up to the same level.

Our Asian styled dishes included a beef tatari starter. For main course we had sea bass, duck and beef with rice and vegetables.

I tasted both the duck and beef. Both were nicely seasoned, but not too spicy. Meat was nicely complemented with Thai and Vietnamese types of flavours from herbs. I preferred the beef, because it was a bit more tender than their duck.

My father ordered their most popular signature dish with sea bass. I didn't taste it myself. He complimented it as very good, actually the second best sea bass he had during 11 days in Dubai (the best one he got at the Mango Tree restaurant at Souk al Bahar). He's very demanding about fish, so I trust his taste.

Blue Jade also has a good enough selection of wines, and the prices were reasonable considering the location at the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

However, the service was not as high standard as their food. I reserved our table table in advance by telephone and asked to get three glasses of sparkling wine upon arrival. They never came, and our waiter didn't even ask if we want them. Instead we got some tea. I had already eaten my amuse bouche (which was good) before we even got the drink list, and even then I had to especially ask for it.

We had reserved a table outside, and even though it was quite a chilly evening, they didn't have any heaters outside. So we decided to sit inside instead. The decoir is not as fancy as the hotel lobby.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Zug
“First Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

When I don't know a city at all, or all that well I use Trip Advisor to help me choose my restaurant. Blue Jade is number 2 on the list so I of course presumed it must be excellent..trip advisor has never let me down..well this is the first. Furthermore one expects a restaurant in the Ritz Carlton to have a certain standard. My friend and I were there last night. We were joined by a friend who just had a glass of wine with us. On arrival she ordered a glass and we ordered a bottle. My friend and I finished our glass and had to ask numerous times if they could top up our glass as they had the bottle. Then she kept coming over and asking us to order, even though we hadn't even opened our menu, since our friend was still there. Once our friend left we ordered. I had Beef Tataki and my friend rice paper rolls. Both excellent. My friend was smoking and the dirty ashtray was still on the table. Then main course. I had Black Cod and my friend had Peppered Beef. My friend said his beef was very good. My Black Cod was very good, however I received 2 huge pieces of fish which was a little overwhelming as the sauce on the fish was very strong and sweet. Dirty ashtray still on the table. Now for the atmosphere. Outside is nicer as inside it is very cold and bright. So all in all very average. Food was in general good but the service very average.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DBaretta
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Blue Jade is a real gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Visited for dinner; very quiet which was shocking as the food and service were fantastic. Great advice on food selection from staff. Budget options if needed. Try the black pepper beef, Vietnamese sea bass and the sago dessert. Impressed!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Asian fusion dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and i dined here twice during a recent week's holiday to Dubai. The first time was so good we came back for a second dinner later in our trip. The terrace has a lovely setting and the service is very good. We are a mix up starters, dim-sum and main courses across the meals and all were fantastic. Wine menu is a little limited but we had two very good bottles with our meals. Good value food, definitely recommend for anyone looking for good Asian cuisine.

Visited December 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A little gem in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my first ever review for a hotel or a restaurant, but I feel compelled to do so after consistently having an amazing experience at the Blue Jade, from a service and culinary perspectives.
From a culinary perspective, Blue Jade selection of Asian dishes ( Pad Thai, Sushi, sea bass) is unparalleled to anything I have had in Dubai. The presentation of these dishes is always consistent, luxurious but authentic, which is really hard typically to have a balance between.
Half of the story at the Blue Jade is the service. Welcoming, warm, authentic, attentive, generous, smiley, consistent is what comes to my mind when I think of the Blue Jade team.
I love this place, and my kids love it even more. In fact, my middle one is helping me write this review and he made sure I write the last sentence!!!