“Outstanding service, outstanding food, a fabulous experience highly recommendable!”
Review of Blue Jade

Blue Jade
Ranked #131 of 9,759 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: A contemporary restaurant that celebrates Asian cuisine by taking you on a journey throughout the East. The cuisine combines authentic flavors with a contemporary style and sushi station in the center of the restaurant, creating an ultimate Asian dining experience. Dinner: from 6pm until 11pm - Sushi-licious: every Sunday from 6pm until 11pm
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been a regular client at the Ritz Carlton, Dubai Marina for now many years since 2007. I have grown attached to many of its earlier staff although many since have moved on. However, I was never really satisfied with the eating choices or experience in this hotel but the decor, the gardens, the homy feeling and those memorable staff I have grown to love over the years made the experience all worth while. Now I am happy to say the Ritz Carlton, JBR Dubai finally got a restaurant worth visiting over and over especially if you are a real connoisseur of Vietnamese cuisine. I was greeted by a nice hostess but by one of the older staff from the Ritz, Rajesh who I have known for many years. He is leading this experience and ensuring no guests will ever leave unsatisfied. He has always been a joy to see over the years. Today I decided to bring my lovely parents who just arrived from Paris earlier today to dinner. They will be residing near the Ritz for the next 6 months and I wanted them to experience what I had already experienced when the Blue Jade first opened. Back then I was enchanted but this was another opportunity to confirm the first great experience was not an exception but the norm now for this establishment. We were greeted with warmth as always and offered a complimentary drink along with some amuse bouches. We had prawns battered in a coconut sauce, absolutely delicious! I decided to have some papaya salad and it was really as authentic as the dish back in Thailand but prepared with more finesse. My father was not too hungry so he opted for some sashimi salmon and tuna with steam rice, nothing to say except both the cut of the fish was excellent, the quality of the fish up to the highest standard and the rice just like my father likes it! Their signature dish, their sea bass is the hit and the ones all clients rave about. Well, we decided to try it finally and we were absolutely enchanted by the way it was prepared, cooked in a banana leaf over a bed of sea salt. Each taste and spice were not dominating one over the other, they were all beautifully balanced, an harmonious dish coming together like Masterpiece. simply yet so complex, light yet its experience rich in every way. Some friend rice side dish was accompanying our delicious sea bass, a perfect companion to balance the protein experience with the carb we were so eager to marry ;) The server, always attentive to our needs, eager to get our feedback ensured our experience would be a memorable one. The restaurant was getting crowded, no free tables were available by 8pm! I remembered when I tried when they first opened, there was space but now it is obvious the word is getting around Dubai and the rest of the world. I am just happy to share my experience with all those looking for a great dinning experience all around! Superb, two thumbs up and frankly the Ritz Carlton Dubai Marina finally got it right on the dinning experience! I recommend it and if you have taken your time to read my review, please find this Rajesh and tell him Alexander Michaels, one of the best clients of the Ritz Carlton Dubai from 2007 recommended this place! I am sure he will pay even more attention to you ;)

6  Thank Alexander_FMUAE

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Excellent place under multiple dimensions: long menu with huge variety of Asian food, flawless service, the location within Ritz Carlton made our stay even better. Truly recommended for those who wants to discover the Asian cuisine

3  Thank Roberto D
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were treated like royalty as soon as we entered the restaurant: they honestly, cannot do enough for you. The amuse-bouche was a delightful start to a night of delicious Asian food. The coconut prawns just seemed to melt on the tongue. We had the black cod, sea bass cooked in a lotus leaf and shrimp fried rice. The fish was some of the best we have ever eaten anywhere in the world...flaky and moist with flavors that bursted on your tongue. The only downside was that the restaurant was basically empty, which we hope was just a fluke. This is not a loud and/or lively restaurant but a nice quiet space with incredible food.

3  Thank DayDreamer13
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Their signature dish - Salted Sea Bass - is exquisite and the Chinese taster meal was something else. The staff were superb and eager give advice

2  Thank RobertWmDavis
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Blue Jade does a lot of things right, friendly and attentive service (needs to be careful not to verge on the too attentive), a good section of dishes, excellently prepared and presented. We had the sea bass, and lamb chops, both wonderful and with starters and deserts came in at just under 50 pounds per head, note we had mineral water not alcohol. I noticed cocktails were about ten pounds, and beers around seven.

Surroundings of the actual restaurant are average, not bad but certainly nothing special but that limitation is a little expected within the smallish confines of the room it occupies within the very luxurious 5 Star Ritz Carlton Hotel. Work could be done on the music, lighting and other features however to improve the ambience to the level of the service and food. Like the menu which I will come to it lacked a little imagination.

The staff ask and remember you name, check everything is to the liking of each dish (sometimes twice or three times as all the different staff seem to do it) and will stop at nothing to ensure you have a pleasant experience. For example my partner liked the tea brought out as a welcome drink and she was given four or five more cups on the house, and also Rose who was exemplary throughout the night also brought a shawl when cold.

The chef came to check how we found everything too at the end of the night which was lovely.

My feedback to him and the restaurant is to get 5 stars the dishes, especially the starters lack a little imagination. Given the standard of the chef, I think he should try and push the boat out more and test himself further by making the menu a little more adventurous, the menu is varied but nothing really jumps out at you, and it's all things you've seen a lot of before. There is certainly a lot of imagination and care gone into the presentation and service, and that needs to be extended to the menu choice and ambience.

So four stars, but a good effort, I expect to see it improve at its only been going for 5 months and we'll likely return when we next visit to enjoy the fruits of their progress.