“Oberoi - 5 Star with Personal Touch”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #8 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Recently stayed a few days at the Oberoi. Am truly impressed with the very warm staff who are always providing service with a smile and personal touch. They also sense what you need and provide for you without you even asking for it. That is certainly a class of its own even in 5 star hotels.

The butler service is excellent. All morning calls come with offer of coffee or tea.

It is certainly the best 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in Dubai and I recommend it to my fellow travellers.

Yam Seng

Room Tip: Rooms that faces the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Guest.,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for spending your quality time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and were indeed happy with our personalized service, room, amenities and overall facilities.

The team and I would like to thank you for your genuine recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for The Oberoi, Dubai

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Good:
Location. Good hospitality, Oberoi like. Spacious room. Fabulous bathroom. Excellent property. Good staff.

Not so good:
Architecture not Oberoi like. Oberoi stands for abundance and grandeur. This property is minimalist. It can be any other hotel.
Locating the hotel is a big challenge. The GPS still doesn't show the property.
Process is so un Oberoi like. Despite my cash deposit, restaurant refused to post my restaurant bills to room. And they even woke me up at midnight to get the bills signed! It took them more than 24 hours to rectify the error.

Room Tip: It's in the business district, so all views are standard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at The Oberoi Hotel Dubai recently and I do hope that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.

Also, thank you for taking the time in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor and advising us on what aspect we can further improve on our facilities and services.

Also, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused regarding billing and disturbance during your stay. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and it will surely lead us further to achieve unparalleled standard of service we cater for to our valued clients.

Look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi Hotel Dubai in not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at Oberoi for three nights the hotel really deserve 5 stars I have been to many hotels in Dubai at the same price range and so far this is the most worthy place, it really worth the money and it did exceed our expectations.
Location: it is near dubai mall and the taxis are always available
The view of the room was nice and the window is full wall which makes it wonderful.
Dinning: I didn't have the opportunity to try their restaurants except the Japanese one which was really good and yummy, the bar and coffee lounge on the pool side looks good and I must try them next time.
In room facilities:the bathroom is large and the supplies were all available and in high quality except for the tooth brush ofcourse " As in all hotels around the world" there is a nepresso machine and they supply us with capsules everyday, the tv have almost all the channels we were watching Bercelona match live at that time.

The first thing that got my attention is the very nice and smooth smell in the reception area
The arabic coffee in the reception was so yummy and perfectly made just like original.

There is also something interesting ! They forbid tips !

I highly recommend this hotel specially for couples and business.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Muneera a
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional feedback pertaining to your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on the room, bathroom, overall facilities, food and our jewel, the staff. Your sentiments are precious, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

Thank you for your heartwarming recommendation. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Possibilities are endless at The Oberoi, Dubai.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I only stayed in The Oberoi, Dubai for two nights, but this is definitely the best experience I've ever had!
The staff was warm and considerate. They took very good care of us in many ways, for example, providing lots of numbers of drinking water and helping drying my clothes. Sometimes when they didn't understand my poor English, they were still kind and patient.
The only one thing I felt bad about is to the restaurant. It was very very hot so when we arrived Dubai, we got sunstroke because of the heat. Therefore, when we had meals in the restaurant we were too sick to finish all the meals. We did not mean to hurt the chef's feeling. The food was wonderful but we just didn't have a good appetite.
Anyway, I really enjoy to stay in The Oberoi! I hope I can have an opportunity to visit this hotel again in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to provide your valuable feedback online about your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive. Also, we are indeed delighted to know that you have enjoyed our unparalleled service provided during your entire stay.

Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team.

We look forward to your next visit. We hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination again.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is very well designed. Very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing rooms by all standards. But the one thing that really stands out is the hospitality of the hotel staff. The service is exceptionally good right from the hotel valet to the house keeping. You feel cared for. Definitely the best hospitality i have ever experienced!!!! Also the food is remarkably good. The breakfast layouts very lavish with enough choices. Over all an excellent experience. Like they say a home away from home. And being located in Business Bay Area is the cherry on the cake.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

We are indeed very pleased to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay and have appreciated our warm, friendly and personalized service that is consistent with the Oberoi brand standard. Also, we are happy that you have adored our room, food and breakfast as well as the hotel location.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next travel to Dubai in not so distant future.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I m travelling very frequently and stay different hotels in different cities, First time I didn't want to leave a hotel at the end of the stay. Whatever I have expected I had more. From housekeepers to managers all the staff tried their best to make our stay as perfect as possible. They always smiled and asked if we need any help without expecting any tip. They offered comlimentary water, Nespresso caffee facilities, fruit , sun cream at the pool, Shuttle service for beach and shopping malls, they even ironed my shirt as comlimentary service. first time in a hotel I felt safe with my vallet.
In the breakfast they have very rich interanation and local foods, from scrambled eggs to freshly squazeed juices, the only thing I didn't like in the breakfast that they acted me like I m baby and need feeded very well and constantly offered me diffirent foods, some people like it but I just needed more freedom.
I stayed in a standard double room which was very cozy and specios with magnificant city view, some hotels sell this kind of room as Suite.
Hotel itself a very nice new building located with 26 storeys on the business bay which is walking distance to Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalife, Business bay metro station. the only con is there isn't any pedestrian entrance in the hotel, you have to either climb 2 floors on the car way or take a taxi even for the walking distance places, but it is totally architects mistake, there is nothing to blame hotel management.
Thank you for such a great service.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sercan G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us. Also, we are delighted to know that you adore our room, overall facilities, amenities and impeccable service and hospitality rendered.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and all team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Taking this as an extended stopover at the end of the holiday, our stay at the Oberoi couldn't have been better. Great sized rooms, friendly staff, excellent facilities such as the bar and pool.

As many people have said, its the quality of the staff and the customer service that sets this hotel apart from others. staff were always friendly and attentive. While awaiting the free shuttle service to the mall, we sat down to sample the local arabic tea, which we were shown how they make it and what makes it different from our traditional flat whites and lattes.

Sitting by the pool, you would always be greeted by chilled water and towels, frozen berries, sun screen and a face mist to your sun lounge, to maximise the relaxation time at the hotel.

We only had a basic room but the rooms were large, with walk in robes and double sinks and the quality of the products, Jing tea, Nespresso coffee and Etro toiletries were a lovely touch.

While staying here we made use of the spa, which is open 24 hours a day. 10/10 for the quality of the treatments and there is care and attention given to ensuring you had a good experience.

The standard rooms are all the same size, but its worth paying a little but more if you want a view or the Burj.

Would definitely be staying here again :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It gives us great pleasure having you stayed at The Oberoi, Dubai during your recent travel to the UAE.

We are overwhelmed to know that you had a relaxing, comfortable and memorable stay and also appreciated our room, bathroom, amenities, pool, spa and the best of all, impeccable service rendered by our staff.

Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation and we look forward to serving and welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai on your next trip to Dubai soon.