“Nothing Better”

Ranked #7 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
philadelphia
“Nothing Better”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I recently spent five nights at the Oberoi in Dubai. Every bit of the experience was wonderful. Service was outstanding as well as the food in every restaurant. The design and maintenance of the building was beyond compare. They have a shuttle service to get around but are also within walking distance of the Metro. Cabs are very easy to hire at the hotel also. With the pool, you really don't have to leave the place, it is like a resort. (They also have a real gym and a spa).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sgt548
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

We are also pleased to know that you have appreciated our room, service & Hospitality, food and overall facilities offered in the hotel.

The entire team and I, look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new “home away from home”.

Karim Bizid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Delhi
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed at the Oberoi's in the month of March. Fantastic hotel. No other word better suite this hotel. Service is truly world class. House keeping works superbly and keeps a note of minute details of yours. Drop down service is a plus. Rooms are spacious and comfortable..

Food.. One of the Best I've tasted.

The hotel has free shuttle to Dubai Mall, DIFC etc. Must follow the time schedule available at the concierge.

Over all very nice experience and a must try hotel while in Dubai..

Room Tip: Choose Higher Floors.. If availabel..
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank Constant Travel... O
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi Dubai during your recent trip to the UAE and we are very pleased having you with us.

I am also delighted to know you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 17, 2014

What about a party organised by the hotel in the lobby-terrasse with music max volume throghout the whole night?? After asking the Director to stop, the party carried over the night. The worst way in a hotel to hosting its guests is not letting them sleep. Never seen such a behaviour.

Stayed April 2014
10 Thank Rollebeek
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback posted on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the hotel.

Please accept my profound apology for the inconvenience caused to you during the event that took place at the hotel and has created disturbance to you. What you have experienced does not reflect the true image of our services and the hotel.

Whilst I deeply regret the inconvenience caused, I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence on your next stay and allow us to showcase the true Oberoi hospitality we cater to our discerning guests.

Marbella, Spain
Reviewed April 10, 2014

After reading really good reviews of the Oberoi, we decided to book it and I must say I cannot fault this hotel. The rooms offer fabulous view of the city! Although we did not fully enjoy the hotel as a whole as we were out and about a lot. The location is ok, the service, amazing. They pay attention to detail. The room was always kept clean and our stay at the Oberoi was indeed a memorable one. Definitely coming back. Thanks to the staff and Mohammed who served us arabic coffee at the lobby lounge. Also thank you for storing our luggages even after we checked out! Everyone book the Oberoi, you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2014
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team, service and hospitality.

At The Oberoi Dubai, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us. Also, thank you for recognizing our colleague, Mohammed for his exceptional service

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Absolutely worth the stay. Wonderful rooms - excellent service. Great beds, nice pillows. Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean rooms. Beautiful design. Near to dubai mall and the taxies available all the time .many many ingredients in the breakfast and it was more than great and delicious
If you like to be treated like a queen, you should stay at Oberoi hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

Thank you for your amazing comments about the room, overall design and concept, cleanliness, service and hospitality and food. I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful breakfast experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you back once again at The Oberoi Dubai.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have traveled to 88 countries, and stayed at some truly incredible properties. I just spend 5 days in this hotel, and I can't say enough about how great a job the staff did, how beautiful the hotel is and how much I would recommend it. Really - truly incredible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Essay11
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi during your recent trip to Dubai.

We appreciate you taking time to complete our Guest feedback form and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable. Your positive feedback is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

The team and I would like to thank you for your genuine recommendation.

Meanwhile, I look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi Hotel Dubai and please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance that you may require. Assuring you of our best services and uninterrupted attention at all times.

Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Oberoi for our wedding anniversary. We informed the manager Karim before we arrived and true to his word he did try to make this a very special stay. On our first night in our spacious bedroom our personal butler delivered a wedding anniversary cake that my wife says was the best chocolate cake she has ever had. The butler also returned with a bunch of red roses and then ran a bath and sprinkled the fresh rose petals into the water. This was really romantic, however when my wife asked if the remaining roses could be left in a vase the butler did so but he also included the stalks from the flowers that he had already de-headed. I still don't understand why.

All the staff are really friendly and the best example was in the hotel's Indian restaurant. There was a buffet meal on a Sunday night which we were a little unsure what to have. The female chef told us not to worry. She asked about what we liked and didn't and then proceeded to cook little taster dishes of lots of different recipes. She came to the table and explained each dish and happily cooked some more if we liked it. The whole experience of the food, service and ambiance was amazing.

A further success was when we went to the bar one evening. We ordered a bottle of wine, had a glass in the bar but then asked if we could have the remainder sent to our room. No problem. 5 minutes later the wine arrived in our room in loads of ice to keep it cool and there were also complementary nachos with runny cheese, olives and pistachios. fantastic.

Oh! By the way, the complementary water, suntan lotion and face spray at the pool was a real wow for me. Thanks for that.

Some of the things that didn't go quite right......
We were offered turn down service on the first night and I asked for it after 7pm which is when we were going out. The second night there was no service and we had to ask for it after we returned, and also again on the third night.

The Concierge desk are very helpful but their local knowledge seems a little limited. When we asked about places to eat they only recommended the restaurants around the main shopping mall. I specifically asked if there was any place I could walk to but was told there wasn't. However I did discover that there a 8 or 10 restaurants in The Executive Towers that serve great quality food at really cheap prices. This block is literally over the road from The Oberoi. However to get to it you have to walk down a car ramp (like in a multi-story car park) dodging taxis, because the hotel doesn't have access to street level by any other means.

My final point is about the taxi transfers that Karim arranged for us. The cars were superb and we were made to feel like royalty, but the cost did seem high compared to local taxi prices.

All in all we had a wonderful stay. I would try other Oberoi hotels but if I ever returned to Dubai I think I would try somewhere else, before trying the Oberoi again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your precious time to share your wonderful experience with us online.

I am very happy to hear that you have truly enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the service and facilities provided at the hotel. Your positive feedback is a foundation of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service. Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated and enjoyed your sumptuous dinner at Ananta Indian Restaurant and drink at the Lobby Bar.

On the other hand,I have noted your comments regarding inconsistent turn down service and less knowledge on the surrounding restaurants next to the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvinience caused to you. Rest assured that necessary trainings will be conducted to ensure that such mistakes will not transpire again. With regard to the street access and hotel taxis, this matter will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Kind regards,