“Fantastic service, great rooms, great food”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #7 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, great rooms, great food”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed the first two nights of our honeymoon and had a large city view room with great views of the Burj Khalifa. The room itself was very modern with floor to ceiling windows and really high quality fixtures and fittings particularly in the bathroom. Have stayed in many hotels in Dubai and this ranks up there with the best and still good value for money when compared with hotels of a similar rating.

The only slight downside is the location as there is still a lot of construction in the downtown area and whilst it's close to the Dubai mall but not close enough to walk.

The food is fantastic, Ananta restaurant serves delicious Indian food (loved the set menu) and deserves it rating as one of the best restaurants in Dubai at the moment.

However, the best thing about the hotel was the service, special thanks to Mohamed (restaurant manager at breakfast), Deepak (butler on the 13th floor) and Ranjeet (waiter in Ananta).

Would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and thank you for all your appreciation on the room, design, overall facilities, service and our jewel, the staff.

Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated and enjoyed your sumptuous meal at Ananta Indian Restaurant.

All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Karim Bizid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 12, 2014

its a nice new hotel that opened less than a year, comaring it with the mega Dubai hotel? looks small to them. The lobby is very tiny however the rooms are quite good size and even the bathroom.. i would stay again but will never pay more than 250$ as there is in Dubai better choices

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank SAZ040
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi during your recent trip to Dubai.

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable. Your positive feedback is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Dubai.

Turnhout, Belgium
Reviewed March 12, 2014

From the moment we entered to the moment we had to leave the Oberoi and its friendly staff did everything to make us feel welcome and at home. Everyone went out of their way to help us and make us comfortable.

The room was excellent, spacious, tastefully decorated, floor to ceiling windows, beautiful bathroom, balcony with a lounge set, terrific views across the skyline, including unobstructed view of Burj Khalifa,

This made our stay a very memorable, one of our best travel experiences ever.

Highly recommended and a big thank you to the Oberoi!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FvH2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Dubai.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our new Hotel as your favorite place in town.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Oberoi Mumbai and was impressed by the service and quality of the hotel. When I saw they had opened a property in Dubai I was hoping for the same. I was not dissappointed. The hotel is a beautiful, new property. The lobby is actually relatively small but it's very nicely designed and very calming to walk into. The service is just as good as what I received in Mumbai, highly professional and attentative without being overbearing. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. My room was one of their standard rooms on the 16th floor. I found that there was plenty of room to spread out. The furniture is very comfortable and the in-room controls are very user friendly. The floor-to-ceiling windows were great and made the room brighter and feel bigger. I didn't have the view of the Burj Khalifa, rather it was pool view but even otherwise it was pleasant and you still have views of some of the other buildings in the city.

I didn't have a chance to go to any of the restaurants apart from the breakfast buffet on the 1st floor, but the variety and quality of food was good. It is on par with a lot of hotels at this level, you can get just about anything you want. The bar located on the top floor, Iris, has amazing views of the city and has a very cool design.

The location, as others have noted is a bit sparse at the moment but with as with much of Dubai, it will soon have many more neighbors. It's maybe a 5 minute taxi ride to the Dubai Mall. If you don't have a chauffered car, you should request them to provide you with a regular taxi, the Lexus they offer as a taxi charges a bit of a higher price.

I definitely plan on staying here again and for a longer period of time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your remarkable review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along DIFC, Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues makes every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us. Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated our room, designs, overall facilities, and enjoyed your sumptuous breakfast at Nine7One Restaurant.

Meanwhile, I look forward to welcoming you back to your “home away from home”, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you.

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My feeling was at its highest level while I was in the Oberoi Hotel.
It is true that the hotel deserves Pete asterisks on all issues.
It is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed. I have visited many countries in four continents, but this was a magical stay. Special thanks to the manager and the entire staff. Overall service, excellent living conditions. I wish anyone to visit this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and great for rest and relaxation.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Boki2014
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you have truly enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with the service and facilities provided at the hotel. Your positive feedback is a foundation of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

Your sentiments are precious – again thank you so much for taking the time to write your stay experience online.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Oberoi Dubai and we look forward to welcome you back.

With warmest personal regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was a pleasure and prestigious feeling to stay at Oberoi Hotel, Dubai. The interior design of common use area, the choice of furnitures, the way that welcoming and check-in process progress, the personal room service for both morning and evening room preparation, the full set of appliances in room, the whole design with both bed, working table and bathroom, furnitures, the bathroom equipment and consumables and general hygiene are of the highest quality.
It was a business trip for me, however, I would honestly recommend this facility to anyone who will be in Dubai. I wish I would catch adventageous prices to stay also with my family when I will be in Dubai in future. Thanks to all staff and management team.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Atakan B
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience with us online.

At The Oberoi Group, all colleagues makes every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai. Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated the room, design and overall facilities in the hotel.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Everything was of high standard, second time stay and it keeps getting better and better!
Love the staff, always smiling and wiling to help. No doubt about the service too, its superb. This hotel is definitely the best one from The Oberoi chain of hotels.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your second stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and thank you for all your appreciation on the overall facilities, service and our jewel, the staff.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team and we really look forward to welcoming you back again and again in the very near future.